Break Week Oda's terrible sense of basic, fundamental power level writing

Can you name even a single other Manga author, Comic Author, or even any author in general, who has done powerscaling better than Oda? Can you? I've yet to see any other series tackle it quite so well.
LMFAO! Dude, you aren't even trying to hide your fanboyism. How about HxH? How about everything Naruto before the war arc? World Trigger? YuYu Hakusho? Tokyo Ghoul? So many!

Imagine Kizaru's body literally getting sliced in half by a basic attack from Apoo. That would never happen.
LMFAO Kizaru is a LOGIA user that is why he was cut in half! Was Kizaru knocked out with white eyed and needing Sentomaru to carry him off?

Dude don't @ me again with such nonsense. You obviously don't understand what "context" means.

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Can you name even a single other Manga author, Comic Author, or even any author in general, who has done powerscaling better than Oda? Can you? I've yet to see any other series tackle it quite so well.

And honestly, that alone makes this thread seem laughable to me.
You can wake me up in the middle of the night while i am drunk af while stubbing my toe on the bed and j could still name you 5 authors better at it

I never wanted SHs to be known for their fighting prowess actually, as it is not needed. The story would have been fine if they were known as experts in their particular field. The main goal of the one-piece has nothing to with defeating other strong pirates. But oda is going with the typical kids' shounen trope where Luffy will defeat everyone, become the chosen one, and end the plot. :specialmeh:

You are comparing base Luffy taking an explosion to base Luffy blocking an attack. Yes, apples and oranges.
LMFAO! Can someone other than this nik87 please tell me the difference between Base Luffy tanking an explosion from Apoo and base Luffy matching Hybrid Kaido one on one. Which do you guys consider a better feat?

LMFAO! Can someone other than this nik87 please tell me the difference between Base Luffy tanking an explosion from Apoo and base Luffy matching Hybrid Kaido one on one. Which do you guys consider a better feat?
I think it’s very reasonable that there’s a difference between eating an unblockable explosion that gets you from the inside out and actually blocking.

Even if the person is stronger than you blocking vs not blocking makes a big difference.

I think it’s very reasonable that there’s a difference between eating an unblockable explosion that gets you from the inside out and actually blocking.

Even if the person is stronger than you blocking vs not blocking makes a big difference.
again learn what context is. The context was about a user saying “Oda has always shown base Luffy to be weak” I replied back saying “base Luffy went toe to toe with Hybrid Kaido”. That was the context.

Also the context was NEVER about Luffy not being able to block Apoo’s attack. The context was Luffy being white eyed needing Zoro to carry him because of Apoos basic attack. That was the context. Like do y’all actually know how to read and comprehend?
Post automatically merged:

Tanking an attack VS blocking an attack. Apples and oranges. Learn the difference.
LMFAO! Go reread this thread my dude because it’s obvious you don’t know the context in which this thread is about. Make sure you read slowly and comprehend the context.

I never wanted SHs to be known for their fighting prowess actually, as it is not needed. The story would have been fine if they were known as experts in their particular field. The main goal of the one-piece has nothing to with defeating other strong pirates. But oda is going with the typical kids' shounen trope where Luffy will defeat everyone, become the chosen one, and end the plot. :specialmeh:
Oda just made them all the best in their fields by the begining of the Timeskip. Except for Usopp and Zoro. Sanji Chopper Nami Franky and Robin and Brook more or less have zero competition in their fields. Then you have Jinbei who's "Field" is something Oda pulled out of nowhere as the Strawhats never needed a Helmsman outside of the Smoothie slash.

And now the New Nakama won't even have a field, just Zoro No.2, at least She Balances the Gender ratio.

this isn't bad powerscaling by oda

its an example of how fans continue to downplay the supernova even though we know they, and not the yonko commanders or any yonko crew member, are the leaders of the next gen.

Apoo has a hax devil fruit and if you don't take him seriously, he can KO you.