Break Week Oda's terrible sense of basic, fundamental power level writing

didn’t I tell you never to @ me again? I forgot to use the block button on you. Well take this block.
Dgaf really but it's funny how people will run from you when the real solution is getting distance from their own shitty thoughts. Thought he was a troll but trolls don't get butt hurt.

Apoo Yonko vibes and people are not taking him seriously because the Yonko Hunter "one-shotted" him(how the fuck people said that was one-shot?).

BB used to hide his true power while at WB's crew. Apoo is doing tha same while at Kaido's crew.

But you said shit about Ulti and Tama. Is perfectly fine Ulti not using enough power to truly damage Tama. She just slapped.

i dont see katakuri marco getting knocked by apoo even if they get caught offguard

I reckon powerscaling only applies in arc climaxes / final fights.
For Luffy, 100%. This is exactly it. Which is why I told people to stop scaling Luffy by Cracker. That Cracker fight is what made people say dumb shit like Law is YC4/5, when he was lifting battleships and busting mountains.

Luffy is not going to reach 100% of his potential until the end of the arc.

But out of all the examples you could’ve showed..... this isn’t a very good one at all.
Maybe because my intensions were never to make this a power level discussion? The point I was trying to address was the inconsistency in writing by Oda when it comes to the main cast and the antagonists. What I was trying to show was apply the same context and content surrounding an antagonist and see if the same situation applies. Like imagine Katakuri or Jack, or even Jinbei going against Apoo and them needing someone to carry them based off a basic attack. That was my point! i have repeated myself dozens of times already. Seems like yall have trouble comprehending.
Post automatically merged:

Apoo Yonko vibes and people are not taking him seriously because the Yonko Hunter "one-shotted" him(how the fuck people said that was one-shot?).

BB used to hide his true power while at WB's crew. Apoo is doing tha same while at Kaido's crew.

But you said shit about Ulti and Tama. Is perfectly fine Ulti not using enough power to truly damage Tama. She just slapped.
I take it that english isn't your first language because I didn't understand a word you just said lol.

For Luffy, 100%. This is exactly it. Which is why I told people to stop scaling Luffy by Cracker. That Cracker fight is what made people say dumb shit like Law is YC4/5, when he was lifting battleships and busting mountains.

Luffy is not going to reach 100% of his potential until the end of the arc.
amazing
kizaru looks incapacitated/knocked out ......
lol

Maybe because my intensions were never to make this a power level discussion? The point I was trying to address was the inconsistency in writing by Oda when it comes to the main cast and the antagonists. What I was trying to show was apply the same context and content surrounding an antagonist and see if the same situation applies. Like imagine Katakuri or Jack, or even Jinbei going against Apoo and them needing someone to carry them based off a basic attack. That was my point! i have repeated myself dozens of times already. Seems like yall have trouble comprehending.
Post automatically merged:

I take it that english isn't your first language because I didn't understand a word you just said lol.
If they were caught off guard than yes they will all end up like Luffy with the manga exception of Jack ( due to his durability).

Idk why you’re acting like Apoo bodied Luffy in a fight. Luffy simply didn’t know his abilities and got caught off guard. There isn’t anything inconsistent about this. If you were going to make a post talking about Oda’s inconsistencies when it comes to power scaling, you should’ve chosen a different example.

If they were caught off guard than yes they will all end up like Luffy with the manga exception of Jack ( due to his durability).

Idk why you’re acting like Apoo bodied Luffy in a fight. Luffy simply didn’t know his abilities and got caught off guard. There isn’t anything inconsistent about this. If you were going to make a post talking about Oda’s inconsistencies when it comes to power scaling, you should’ve chosen a different example.
So Katakuri the person who never fell down will need someone to carry him, Jack will need someone to carry him, Jinbei will need someone to carry him.. gotcha. Also, please learn how to read and comprehend, I never said Luffy being caught off guard is the problem. Go learn how to read. Also, LMFAO, again go learn how to read, I literally told you my post is NOT about "Oda’s inconsistencies when it comes to power scaling" and here you are continuing to claim it. Don't @ me again dude.

Last edited:
So Katakuri the person who never fell down will need someone to carry him, Jack will need someone to carry him, Jinbei will need someone to carry him.. gotcha. Also, please learn how to read and comprehend, I never said Luffy being caught off guard is the problem. Go learn how to read. Also, LMFAO, again go learn how to read, I literally told you my post is NOT about "Oda’s inconsistencies when it comes to power scaling" and here you are continuing to claim it. Don't @ me again dude.
Yes, Katakuri and Jinbei would need someone to carry them. I also explicitly said that Jack wouldn’t need someone to carry him. Maybe YOU should learn how to read.

You seem like one of those people that don’t care about context at all and just look at the outcome. I’m actually surprised on how stupid your logic is....

Also, the title of your post is literally you critiquing Oda’s sense of power scaling.... Maybe you should’ve made it much more clear what this post is actually suppose to be.

You lost all your credibility when you said Apoo>>> Katakuri and King.

Yes, Katakuri and Jinbei would need someone to carry them. I also explicitly said that Jack wouldn’t need someone to carry him. Maybe YOU should learn how to read.

You seem like one of those people that don’t care about context at all and just look at the outcome. I’m actually surprised on how stupid your logic is....

Also, the title of your post is literally you critiquing Oda’s sense of power scaling.... Maybe you should’ve made it much more clear what this post is actually suppose to be.

You lost all your credibility when you said Apoo>>> Katakuri and King.
So Katakuri the one that has already been established to never have fallen , you believe will need someone to carry him off and you are whining that I don’t know context? LMFAO! Don’t @ me again dude. I didn’t even bother reading the rest of your nonsense comment.

1) I can imagine Katakuri, Jack or Jinbei going against an opponent with a strange unknown power (Apoo for example) and needing help after their attack. Pretty much anything is possible in One Piece.
2) How do you know that it was a basic attack by Apoo, and why does that even matter? Perona's negativity ghosts were as much of a basic attack and only Usopp was able to overcome that. Now Usopp > Luffy, Zoro? I will repeat what other people have already tried to explain: Context.
3) I do know that some of the interactions between characters are not the same depending on the situation, but why does it bother you so much? It keeps the reader on edge when everything is not as predictable. But.. but.. but... power scaling... You just have to accept that with Oda and then you might appreciate the story more. One Piece is not about the power scaling to me, but about the world, story and interesting characters.
4) Forgot to start with LMFAO! so I will add it to the end.

LMFAO!!!

There, end of thread.

Are you on drugs?

Hunter x Hunter in 390 chapters has much more quality content than One Piece will ever produce in its 1500+ chapter entirety.
Strongly agree.
I dont know why people cant accept it that Oda is not a "conclusive" writer. He just goes on and on like Busta Rhymes. There is a lot of material but most of it is not needed to make story a better reading material.

Yea enjoying Tama chapters really is going to make me "appreciate the story more". Let me guess, you are a male in your 20's? Am I right?
Well to be fair One Piece as a story is pretty good. Plot, World Building, Story, and few other reasons. It is a great story that's why many of us still follow it.

HOWEVER, Oda is Terrible as you've said with power levels and power and abilities in general. He does not know how to do a Battle Manga at all.

As some people said on this thread that the sooner you accept the fact that Oda can't write a proper Battle Manga the more you'll enjoy this series. I do the same thing. Accept the fact that Oda sucks at a Battle manga part of his series but is actually really good with the rest of his story.

Also ignore all the Oda Apologist or dick riders. You can't win against them even after 1000 chapters of evidence if they can't see this fact.

Last edited:
Well to be fair One Piece as a story is pretty good. Plot, World Building, Story, and few other reasons. It is a great story that's why many of us still follow it.

HOWEVER, Oda is Terrible as you've said with power levels and power and abilities in general. He does not know how to do a Battle Manga at all.

I do the same thing. Accept the fact that Oda sucks at a Battle manga part of his series but is actually really good with the rest of his story.
"World building" to me is just another term for "filler content". Vast majority of fanbase don't care about Tama, tontatta, homies, irrelevant fodder etc whose only purpose is to serve as plot devices or just extending the series for the sake of extending the series. Also, the plot post time skip is as generic as ever. Go to island, fight big bad guy, get power up and then repeat. That is basically what post time skip One Piece has become.

"World building" to me is just another term for "filler content". Vast majority of fanbase don't care about Tama, tontatta, homies, irrelevant fodder etc whose only purpose is to serve as plot devices or just extending the series for the sake of extending the series. Also, the plot post time skip is as generic as ever. Go to island, fight big bad guy, get power up and then repeat. That is basically what post time skip One Piece has become.
Again like I said the majority part you have an issue is with how Oda Executes his Battles.

I agree with you. Oda uses the same old Recycled Routine over and over over. Its like Team Rocket trying to Catch Ash's pikachu every single day at 4pm coming back from school.

Encounter a princess, (or damsel in distress)
Help her (country or Clan)
Split up
I hope you guys get my point... we seen and read or heard this type of comment already so i don't need to type the whole recycled routine Oda uses.

This is also another plot point and Oda terrible writing style i've come to accept and move on with it. Just like his Battle Manga writing.

What I mean by world building is how the plot connects the whole world with the void century and how most of the countries came together with the Celestial Dragons to Attack the "Kingdom" how all these plot points are being connected and executed is pretty good.

How some of the countries and lands who sided with the "Kingdom" are now Luffy's allies etc.. how the world is moving along with the Main characters as well. Things are changing and the Main characters are not responsible for that to happen. The world isn't constantly revolving around the main cast.

I hope I don't need to point out more points regarding One Piece Greatness in terms of Story telling wise.

What I mean by world building is how the plot connects the whole world with the void century and how most of the countries came together with the Celestial Dragons to Attack the "Kingdom" how all these plot points are being connected and executed is pretty good.
I used to really enjoy that too but I recently came to realize, around the start of Wano, that the "celestial dragons", "void century", "the One Piece" are all just fake hype tools to keep the readers invested, in other words fanservice. We have as much understanding of the void century or One Piece now after 25 years as we did since chapter 1. A great example what I mean about it being used as false hype was two chapters ago when Kaido mentioned "Joy Boy". The fanbase were hyped just because Kaido mentioned "Joy Boy" that is literally all Kaido did. How about Oda actually elaborates on what Kaido meant about Joy Boy? If he doesn't elaborate it on then that is fanservice, false hype.