Theory Oden - (The Tiger) vs Kaido - (The Dragon)

Hello everyone, playa4321 here and I wanna talk today about a interesting stuff about Oden and his df power who was hint several times in the manga.
As we know Oden was the Shogun in Wano and the strongest Samurai who even defeat Ashura Douji, also Oden was able to hurt the beast Kaido, since that Kaido has that and only wound from the battle. Yes Oden was a very strong person, but behind his power I think he have a Tiger Zoan Devilfruit power(I explain this point for point).

Before posting the hints, I wanna show you interesting stuff from the Japanese mythology, my theory is based on five points:

1. Japanese four Cadinal Directions and the Four Seasons
2. Dragon vs Tiger in the manga
3. Oden have a Devilfruit Zoan power
4. A connection between Oden(sword Enma) and Zoro
5. End Conclusion

In Japan, the concept and symbolism of the Four Cardinal Directions and the Four Seasons are carried over from their Chinese counterparts. The White Tiger Byakko (Chinese Baihu 白虎) represents the cardinal direction of the West and the autumn season, along with the Vermillion Bird Suzaku (Chinese Zhuque 朱雀) for the South and summer, the Azure Dragon Seiryu (Chinese Qinglong 青龍) for the East and spring , and the Black Turtle Genbu for North and winter.

In Japan also their is a thing about a tiger-dragon rivalry, represented frequently in many forms of media such as manga and anime, as seen below.
View attachment 55 View attachment 56 View attachment 57

That is the first point which we should know, I think Kaido represent the Azure Dragon Seiryu and some ways I think Oden represent the White Tiger Byakko.
Hints who support the theory that Oda indeed planning to make a Tiger vs Dragon fight.

2. Dragon vs Tiger in the manga:
In the manga Oda hint manytimes a battle between a Tiger and a Dragon.
From the Coverpage in Chapter 526 or in Chapter 816 when Kanjuro draw a Tiger and a Dragon:
Cover:
View attachment 58

Chapter 816:
View attachment 59

You can see Oda allude a event between a Dragon and Tiger, in the panel of chapter 816 you can see slowly the picture perspective change and the Tiger get a close up perspective. We can see Oda insinuate here a shawdown between a Tiger and a Dragon. I think the event already happend in the past when Oden fought Kaido in a battle.

3. Oden having a Zoan devilfruit power
We don´t see Oden yet, most time we see his shadow but Oda always hint his true form of his body. We still wait for his full appearance and character design.
Yet I think Oda still give us some hints and I think Oden was running sometimes in his hybrid Zoan form. Why I believe that Oden eat a zoan df?
Here some scans from the manga:
Chapter 920:
View attachment 60

If you look closer to his back and feet, you can see a tail and a animal feets(how he standing, that isn´t human feets, it would be weird to standing in such position).
You can see Oden having a tail, if this isn´t enough proof, we have another panel of Oden(again in shadow):
View attachment 61

Here again you can see a Oden having a tail.
Yes we don´t get a full reveal but two times now we see Oden with a tail, his feets are weird when he fought against Ashura Douji. Because of these hints im sure he eat a Zoan power. The question is now which Zoan power he eat, seeing how Oda build up a Dragon vs Tiger battle and the fact that Oden was the only one who could damage Kaido, all this let me believe that he eat the Tiger zoan df power.

Last chapter we get the info about the sword Enma and Hiyori offer it to Zoro who lose his Shusui and want it back.
Enma is the only sword who damaged and wound Kaido, in this way I think Oda already hint a connection between Oden(his sword) and Zoro.
In many coverpages we see a connection with Zoro and a Tiger, it is almost like he having a tiger as spiritual animal.

Cover chapter 651:
View attachment 62

We the the spiritual animals of the strawhats, the spiritual animal of Zoro is of course a Tiger. Also we get a another cover where a Tiger help Zoros way:

View attachment 63

As we can see Zoro have a connection with a Tiger and in my theory Oden is himself the Tiger. After the recent chapter last week we even get the possiblty of Zoro getting Odens sword. When Oden was mentionend in Chapter 920 we see a small panel which not everyone release, but just check it up by yourself:

View attachment 64

Chapter 920 "I love Oden" where Kinemon speak about Oden and how nice he was, we can see Zoro travelling across wano and meet later Yasuie, but before he start his trip, we can see how Zoro defeating a TIGER, in the same chapter where Kinemon and co speak about Oden how nice he was and how he get killed.
I think this was a foreshadowing of Oda that Zoro having later a connection to Oden and with the fact that we have now the sword enma, the possiblty are open and it was always hint by Oda in the past.

5. End Conclusion
To bring up everything with I write in with this theory. We have the Japanese mythology where we get a showdown between a Dragon and a Tiger, Oda is most like building this story into his manga. I think Oden eat the Tiger Zoan df and fought against Kaido and wound him. Zoro have a connection to a Tiger and this was already foreshadowed manytimes in the manga, Oden represent the Tiger and after the last chapter we have the possiblty of Zoro getting Odens sword Enma(with was foreshadowed aswell). Even if some people don´t like to hear it, Zoro probably will do something in the event when the Strawhats fightning against Kaido and the beast pirates, I think Zoro having a big role because of this theory.

Thanks everyone for reading and listen my theory^^

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Hello everyone, playa4321 here and I wanna talk today about a interesting stuff about Oden and his df power who was hint several times in the manga.
As we know Oden was the Shogun in Wano and the strongest Samurai who even defeat Ashura Douji, also Oden was able to hurt the beast Kaido, since that Kaido has that and only wound from the battle. Yes Oden was a very strong person, but behind his power I think he have a Tiger Zoan Devilfruit power(I explain this point for point).

Before posting the hints, I wanna show you interesting stuff from the Japanese mythology, my theory is based on five points:

2. Dragon vs Tiger in the manga
3. Oden have a Devilfruit Zoan power
5. End Conclusion

In Japan, the concept and symbolism of the Four Cardinal Directions and the Four Seasons are carried over from their Chinese counterparts. The White Tiger Byakko (Chinese Baihu 白虎) represents the cardinal direction of the West and the autumn season, along with the Vermillion Bird Suzaku (Chinese Zhuque 朱雀) for the South and summer, the Azure Dragon Seiryu (Chinese Qinglong 青龍) for the East and spring , and the Black Turtle Genbu for North and winter.

In Japan also their is a thing about a tiger-dragon rivalry, represented frequently in many forms of media such as manga and anime, as seen below.
View attachment 55 View attachment 56 View attachment 57

That is the first point which we should know, I think Kaido represent the Azure Dragon Seiryu and some ways I think Oden represent the White Tiger Byakko.
Hints who support the theory that Oda indeed planning to make a Tiger vs Dragon fight.

2. Dragon vs Tiger in the manga:
In the manga Oda hint manytimes a battle between a Tiger and a Dragon.
From the Coverpage in Chapter 526 or in Chapter 816 when Kanjuro draw a Tiger and a Dragon:
Cover:
View attachment 58

Chapter 816:
View attachment 59

You can see Oda allude a event between a Dragon and Tiger, in the panel of chapter 816 you can see slowly the picture perspective change and the Tiger get a close up perspective. We can see Oda insinuate here a shawdown between a Tiger and a Dragon. I think the event already happend in the past when Oden fought Kaido in a battle.

3. Oden having a Zoan devilfruit power
We don´t see Oden yet, most time we see his shadow but Oda always hint his true form of his body. We still wait for his full appearance and character design.
Yet I think Oda still give us some hints and I think Oden was running sometimes in his hybrid Zoan form. Why I believe that Oden eat a zoan df?
Here some scans from the manga:
Chapter 920:
View attachment 60

If you look closer to his back and feet, you can see a tail and a animal feets(how he standing, that isn´t human feets, it would be weird to standing in such position).
You can see Oden having a tail, if this isn´t enough proof, we have another panel of Oden(again in shadow):
View attachment 61

Here again you can see a Oden having a tail.
Yes we don´t get a full reveal but two times now we see Oden with a tail, his feets are weird when he fought against Ashura Douji. Because of these hints im sure he eat a Zoan power. The question is now which Zoan power he eat, seeing how Oda build up a Dragon vs Tiger battle and the fact that Oden was the only one who could damage Kaido, all this let me believe that he eat the Tiger zoan df power.

Last chapter we get the info about the sword Enma and Hiyori offer it to Zoro who lose his Shusui and want it back.
Enma is the only sword who damaged and wound Kaido, in this way I think Oda already hint a connection between Oden(his sword) and Zoro.
In many coverpages we see a connection with Zoro and a Tiger, it is almost like he having a tiger as spiritual animal.

Cover chapter 651:
View attachment 62

We the the spiritual animals of the strawhats, the spiritual animal of Zoro is of course a Tiger. Also we get a another cover where a Tiger help Zoros way:

View attachment 63

As we can see Zoro have a connection with a Tiger and in my theory Oden is himself the Tiger. After the recent chapter last week we even get the possiblty of Zoro getting Odens sword. When Oden was mentionend in Chapter 920 we see a small panel which not everyone release, but just check it up by yourself:

View attachment 64

Chapter 920 "I love Oden" where Kinemon speak about Oden and how nice he was, we can see Zoro travelling across wano and meet later Yasuie, but before he start his trip, we can see how Zoro defeating a TIGER, in the same chapter where Kinemon and co speak about Oden how nice he was and how he get killed.
I think this was a foreshadowing of Oda that Zoro having later a connection to Oden and with the fact that we have now the sword enma, the possiblty are open and it was always hint by Oda in the past.

5. End Conclusion
To bring up everything with I write in with this theory. We have the Japanese mythology where we get a showdown between a Dragon and a Tiger, Oda is most like building this story into his manga. I think Oden eat the Tiger Zoan df and fought against Kaido and wound him. Zoro have a connection to a Tiger and this was already foreshadowed manytimes in the manga, Oden represent the Tiger and after the last chapter we have the possiblty of Zoro getting Odens sword Enma(with was foreshadowed aswell). Even if some people don´t like to hear it, Zoro probably will do something in the event when the Strawhats fightning against Kaido and the beast pirates, I think Zoro having a big role because of this theory.

Thanks everyone for reading and listen my theory^^
Awesome :) you got me convinced. It was good read