Character Discussion OMG Shanks Is Such A Nice Person!!

Of course lol.
Yee but the movie was exaggerating

No it didn't: Akainu genocide'd an entire nation and Ryokugyu is openly saying that he's ready to massacre people lol. Akiji was relatively good but he's not part of the Marines anymore. And Fujitora wasn't the one who was going to kill the people in the movie, it was Kizaru.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Of course lol.

No it didn't: Akainu genocide'd an entire nation and Ryokugyu is openly saying that he's ready to massacre people lol. Akiji was relatively good but he's not part of the Marines anymore. And Fujitora wasn't the one who was going to kill the people in the movie, it was Kizaru.
Akainu’s such a trooper, love to see it

WOW!

He’s just letting people hit him, not fighting back at all because he doesn’t want to hurt them. What a good person!

This is super subtle and well written, and definitely not an extremely cringe effort to shout out at us that’s he’s a good guy.
Oda has a fetish in letting his strong characters take a beating from other people, he did the same thing with Sanji at least 3 times.

I would also like to know why he looks so bloated and distended, seems like it’s more than just the shitty angle…:odenugh:
He had just met Uta again before this scene and then seeing her lose control of herself due to eating a special mushroom and unleashing a 'monster', Shanks is distraught (almost tearing up a few times) at what to do and does not want to attack Uta or the civilians so he chooses not to do anything at all, hence the scene above (the other Red Haired Pirates stop in place as well). It's only when Kizaru tries to attack Uta with his logia that Shanks decides to make a move.

He also reiterates multiple times throughout the film to Uta and others that he sees Uta as his daughter (despite not being blood related)

Last edited:

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
Of course lol.

You yourself showed different personalities within the Marines, so why paint all of them as evil?

At the end of the day, their goal is to protect citizens. This is the primary motivation

You yourself showed different personalities within the Marines, so why paint all of them as evil?

At the end of the day, their goal is to protect citizens. This is the primary motivation
The good guys do not represent the organization, the bad guys do, the good guys are insignificant minority.

Their primary goal is to protect the celestial Dragons.

Noah man, CP-O is for dirty work. They don't have the power or the numbers to protect the CD.
Preserving ruling elite is always Marines/Police job tho
It's their main job!!! Don't forget that the Admirals work directly under the CD, that's the reason why Garp never became an Admiral, because he didn't want to protect/work for celestial dragons. All the Marines are completely fine with slavery, I doubt that Shanks is ok with it. Again, I'm not saying that Marines are inherently bad, that's obviously not true, but the organisation, or at least its head, surely is. Shanks is clearly way kinder than the Marines, I don't understand what's so controversial about it.