General & Others On a scale of 1-10 How Close are you to Dropping One Piece?

How close are you?

• Total voters
chapter 1044 made me lose interest in the plot.
You mean the misrepresentative spoiler that came out for it? Yeah; the spoilers aren't exactly written by professionals. Unlike the actual chapters, they aren't designed to keep your interest.
enjoy your low IQ looney toons.
I will enjoy my visually interesting, unique and tense climax. Thank you.

You mean the misrepresentative spoiler that came out for it? Yeah; the spoilers aren't exactly written by professionals. Unlike the actual chapters, they aren't designed to keep your interest.
i mean the most plot relevant stuff, like joyboy, world saving, the zoan retcon...
if luffy gonna end up saving the world with the power of ridiculousness, that removes all reason and meaning from the story.
I will enjoy my visually interesting, unique and tense climax. Thank you.
i like the combat potential of G4, but i don't enjoy the current demonstration, it's way too childish for my taste.

If Usopp gets treated like shit in Elbaf, I'm dropping it, there will be nothing to look forward to in the story if my favorite character is ruined
Honestly we better get some shit with Usopp meeting his dad. I really hope that doesn't get swept under the rug
Post automatically merged:

i like the combat potential of G4, but i don't enjoy the current demonstration, it's way too childish for my taste.
Bro the first episode was about a rubber pirate being the shit out of a fat lady. Like, what did you expect from this series?

i mean the most plot relevant stuff, like joyboy, world saving, the zoan retcon...
if luffy gonna end up saving the world with the power of ridiculousness, that removes all reason and meaning from the story.
Spoiler: The ridiculousness is basically just an optimistic perception of what a Rubber fruit awakening might've legitimately looked like + Zoan regeneration to let him fight for long enough to actually use it.
It's got limits. There is definitely still tension. I'd even argue that Kaido is still winning.
Freudian slip much?

Bro the first episode was about a rubber pirate being the shit out of a fat lady. Like, what did you expect from this series?
luckily i didn't start one piece because i liked the first ep. i bet no one did.
it was crocodile that made me watch it, and the sense of adventure during skypia is what made me fall in love with the story.

plus, luffy has at the most 10% of the worldbuilding value, so he was tolerable for the most part and his goofiness was occasional and spontaneous not heavily forced like his awakening and the recent revelations about his devil fruit implies.

and now the fate of the entire world and the value of the world building depends solely on the ridiculous nature luffy's awakening, and that's enough reason to make me lose interest.

luckily i didn't start one piece because i liked the first ep. i bet no one did.
it was crocodile that made me watch it, and the sense of adventure during skypia is what made me fall in love with the story.
But like, the first episode told you what you were getting into with this series. It's a fun, goofy adventure about a rubber boy and his buddies. And this recent chapter was a fun, goofy fight about a rubber boy.

I can get not liking the potential plot holes with the Nika Nika, but shouldn't we wait for an actual explanation before we start talking about that?

Spoiler: The ridiculousness is basically just an optimistic perception of what a Rubber fruit awakening might've legitimately looked like + Zoan regeneration to let him fight for long enough to actually use it.
It's got limits. There is definitely still tension. I'd even argue that Kaido is still winning.
that did nothing but harm luffy's portrayal after 25 years of development.

-luffy getting back up because he has a strong willpower => no, it was because his DF is actually a zoan.
-luffy is goofy and fun: no, it was all an influence of his zoan DF.
i meant i like the combat freedom G5 gives, but i don't like the looney tunes demonstration.