General & Others On a scale of 1-10 How Close are you to Dropping One Piece?

How close are you?

• Total voters
that did nothing but harm luffy's portrayal after 25 years of development.

-luffy getting back up because he has a strong willpower => no, it was because his DF is actually a zoan.
-luffy is goofy and fun: no, it was all an influence of his zoan DF.
First one doesn't even make sense and the second one is just headcanon.
- Luffy had the EXACT same stamina before that we thought he did. He just so happened to be a Zoan
- It's never indicated that the Nika Nika influenced Luffy's personality

But like, the first episode told you what you were getting into with this series. It's a fun, goofy adventure about a rubber boy and his buddies. And this recent chapter was a fun, goofy fight about a rubber boy.

I can get not liking the potential plot holes with the Nika Nika, but shouldn't we wait for an actual explanation before we start talking about that?
Dude, you're talking out your ass lmao! A few episodes later we had Mihawk cutting Zoro's chest open. Then we had fucking Whitebeard getting half his face melted off. Like you are just cherry picking events and then concluding that you're right.

Dude, you're talking out your ass lmao! A few episodes later we had Mihawk cutting Zoro's chest open. Then we had fucking Whitebeard getting half his face melted off. Like you are just cherry picking events and then concluding that you're right.
Love how you accuse me of cherrypicking and then choose 2 specific moments across 560 chapters
Yes, One Piece has serious moments. But at its heart it's a goofy pirate adventure.

But like, the first episode told you what you were getting into with this series. It's a fun, goofy adventure about a rubber boy and his buddies. And this recent chapter was a fun, goofy fight about a rubber boy.

I can get not liking the potential plot holes with the Nika Nika, but shouldn't we wait for an actual explanation before we start talking about that?
the first ep showcased how the sea is a place of freedom and fun, but at the same time very dangerous and unforgiving.
in eneis loby zoro said that piracy is not child play.
so did kaido after dressrosa, when he had kidd in a cell.

luffy was naive and goofy but he was never childish.

the nika stuff does exactly what the the story was preaching against for all this years, by turning the world into a child's playground.

the first ep showcased how the sea is a place of freedom and fun, but at the same time very dangerous and unforgiving.
in eneis loby zoro said that piracy is not child play.
so did kaido after dressrosa, when he had kidd in a cell.

luffy was naive and goofy but he was never childish.

the nika stuff does exactly what the the story was preaching against for all this years, by turning the world into a child's playground.
You're saying that piracy in One Piece isn't "child's play" when we've had actual child pirates :seriously:

Luffy was always like a little kid. That was half the initial appeal of his character

Love how you accuse me of cherrypicking and then choose 2 specific moments across 560 chapters
Yes, One Piece has serious moments. But at its heart it's a goofy pirate adventure.
Lmfao because that is exactly what you did! I am using your logic against you. One Piece has always been about seriousness and goofiness however there are far more serious events than goofiness when it comes to climaxes. Vast majority of goofiness happens in the beginning of arcs or the middle but rarely during it's climax.

Yall take a few panels of Luffy going Water Luffy against Crocodile and then say, "here you see, look at these panels of Water Luffy, therefore One piece has always been goofiness". Like dudes, you guys seriously can't be this thick skull.

Lmfao because that is exactly what you did!
The difference is that I specifically used the first episode because the first episode of a show is typically what gives you an idea about what it's about whereas you picked two isolated moments in a massive series.
Equating my example and your example is stupid
I am using your logic against you. One Piece has always been about seriousness and goofiness however there are far more serious events than goofiness when it comes to climaxes. Vast majority of goofiness happens in the beginning of arcs or the middle but rarely during it's climax.
Ok and?

The difference is that I specifically used the first episode because the first episode of a show is typically what gives you an idea about what it's about whereas you picked two isolated moments in a massive series.
Equating my example and your example is stupid

Ok and?
Yes, the first episode gives you an idea what the show is about but then you concluded by saying "it's fun goofy adventure" therefore this is everything what One Piece is about. That is not what One Piece is about.

that did nothing but harm luffy's portrayal after 25 years of development.
There's just no pleasing you, is there?
-luffy getting back up because he has a strong willpower => no, it was because his DF is actually a zoan.
He's done that like 6 different times in this fight so far.
This latest time according to people with Observation Haki, Kaido literally killed him.

Reviving from death with sheer willpower... What is he? Jesus? Even Enel needed a fruit power to do that...

Moreover, isn't that a bad thing? I remember tons of people complaining about it during luffy vs Katakuri...
-luffy is goofy and fun: no, it was all an influence of his zoan DF.
That Luffy's goofiness is inherently related to his fruit, isn't even implied in the chapters. read them.
i meant i like the combat freedom G5 gives, but i don't like the looney tunes demonstration.
So you don't like how powers are being demonstrated...
A demonstration that you haven't even seen. One that hasn't been demonstrated to you because you haven't read the chapter. You just read about it.

Yes, the first episode gives you an idea what the show is about but then you concluded by saying "it's fun goofy adventure" therefore this is everything what One Piece is about. That is not what One Piece is about.
I did not say it shows everything One Piece is about. I just said that it shows what One Piece is at its core: a fun goofy pirate adventure.
Yes, there's a lot more to it than that. But if I had to describe One Piece in a single sentence, I would say something like "It's a manga about a rubber boy and his buddies going on a fun adventure"

If not complete drop i would take a long break soon
It's not even that it's bad or annoys me i just don't really care
I don't get hyped or interested in the fights or the mysteries anymore
It was a good run but i guess i'm done with one piece

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer

The only manga i keep reading weekly.
Plus i need to catch up to the new chapter / spoilers so i can keep making a cope statement. :pepecopium: