General & Others On a scale of 1-10 How Close are you to Dropping One Piece?

How close are you?

• Total voters
Hey good for you for being able to stomach dogshit writing. As for me I won't continue to give Oda my time by reading his crap. When Wano goes, I'll go (with the exception of some threads on how Zoro was poorly written and other topics similar to that (maybe)).
You won't be missed at all and for me its decent and not dog shit. Zkk would have been dogshit and 90% would have dropped OnePiece. You read free chapters like all of us so why would you think your views or dropping or whatever bs you think of will matter?

You won't be missed at all and for me its decent and not dog shit. Zkk would have been dogshit and 90% would have dropped OnePiece. You read free chapters like all of us so why would you think your views or dropping or whatever bs you think of will matter?
If he goes before I do I'll miss him, for quality posts and not weak attempts to shit on others. Maybe I'd miss your alt too, but not this Cuckovian account.

If he goes before I do I'll miss him, for quality posts and not weak attempts to shit on others. Maybe I'd miss your alt too, but not this Cuckovian account.
You are cucking him and calling me Cuckovian. Sounds funny dotard. You Zkkcuckers are delusional asf. Zkker talking about quality post. Lmao. You cuckers can go anywhere you like, y'all never matter. Y'all can go clean toilets or whatever illiterate job you do instead of spreading shit here.

1? it takes like 5-10 minutes to read a chapter
15 minutes average because you read a chapter twice I'm sure. Ten minutes each day on the forums minimum. At least 100 chapters left and add in the break weeks. Do the math.
Post automatically merged:

You are cucking him and calling me Cuckovian. Sounds funny dotard. You Zkkcuckers are delusional asf. Zkker talking about quality post. Lmao. You cuckers can go anywhere you like, y'all never matter. Y'all can go clean toilets or whatever illiterate job you do instead of spreading shit here.
Maybe if you contribute people would vouch for you too. There are plenty of decent posters who never supported ZKK.

Also
You read free chapters like all of us
Not all of us are freeloader scrubs

Lol someone hurt that I think One Piece isn't the best thing ever since sliced bread. Of course I read it for free. Oda doesn't deserve my money when his writing is complete buns. May have bought some official merchandise if Oda earned it by putting out some quality content for once in a long time.

I was a 4.

After the end of this arc though, it might've climbed to an 8.

Oda had the opportunity to create greatness with the finale of the Wano arc, but in the end, Luffy won because of a bullshit power that wasn't foreshadowed.

His enemy, whose defining belief and defining symbolism was the idea that strength ruled the world, got overcome by strength and subsequently died.

In the end, Oda blundered the story into proving Kaido right.

Alternative solutions would've been obvious. There were other fighters there.

We could've seen Big Mom betray Kaido in a moment of weakness, where he was doing something she considered particularly horrible, and weaken him because rule of strength makes for unreliable allies.
We could've seen a team up of Luffy, Kidd, Law, Yamato and maybe Marco to bring him down because alliances of ideology can allow for strength by overcoming differences.
We could've seen Momonosuke's adult form step up and demonstrate just enough Oden-like natural strength to be marginally helpful at a critical moment while gaining a nasty wound that his Zoan fruit allows him to heal. He could've proved himself a worthy next Shogun due to that.
We could've seen Onigashima's floating nature actually impact the plot in a meaningful way by having it fall on Kaido's head.

Oda is usually a masterclass writer in this stuff. His villains are always defeated ideologically as well as physically.

Buggy was defeated because Nami stole his body while it was in pieces, which happened because he insisted that stealing was a pirate's right and turnabout is fair play.
Kuro was defeated because, by targeting his own crew as well, Luffy was able to get used to his moves enough to finally catch hold of him, Luffy caring about people (particularly subordinates) lives while Kuro does not.
Don Krieg was defeated because, despite willing to go to any length to win, including getting up after Luffy was drowning unconscious, winning through such methods would've been pyrrhic anyway, and Gin wasn't willing to let him make that sort of mistake.
And Arlong was defeated in Nami's map room, which he didn't even realize was his largest hypocrisy of all. Even if fishmen were stronger and better in all of the ways he claimed, his dismissal and enslaving of humans due to his stated reason of poor capability was still unjustified since the entire crew of the Arlong Pirates were relying on Nami's maps anyway.
Wapol lost because he had already forsaken literally everything he had which made him a king: a status which he claimed put him in the right.
Crocodile lost because he didn't consider it a virtue to care about anything except for the mission. Thus, the interpersonal trust of Nico Robin, which was vital to the mission, was never gained, and he lost by fighting against someone whose only purpose for being there was caring about a someone else, despite how it would literally never help him to achieve that status of Pirate King since they didn't even join his crew.
Enel lost because he couldn't dodge Luffy's final attack. Why? Because his Mantra didn't work that moment. Why? Because that attack wasn't aiming for him. Luffy was just trying to ring the bell. Why? Because Enel didn't understand the purpose and history of the bell. It was never something he looked into. Why? Because Enel was a man who actively scoffed uncaringly at knowledge, science, and historical context: The foundational trait to his character which allowed for him to call himself a "God" with a straight face. And the trait that brings him to the moon.

I could go on. These thematic conclusions didn't get any worse as One Piece continued. Until now.

I might take a break for half a year or something after wano ends (part of be still believes that there will be a miracle and Kaido will crawl out of hell for one final fight). At this point, I'm fully willing to believe that Oda has completely lost his touch when it comes to writing.
I registered on this forum because of your post, I would love to hear your continued breakdowns of the thematic relevance of villains being defeated throughout the series and when/how you thought this started going away.

I'm not dropping it but gonna go on a hiatus once Wano ends, I've always done it.

When I was a kid I started One Piece during Enies Lobby, I catched up re-starting from Chapter 1 and kept reading it (buying the volumes, at the time!) up to the reunion in Sabaody after the 2 years TS.
Then I went on a hiatus since Fishman Island wasn't exciting me, and came back reading weekly (obviously catching up) during Dressrosa, iirc it was during the battle in Green Bit. I finished the arc and went back on a hiatus during Zou.
Kept reading saltuary during Whole Cake Island, for example waiting 3-4 months and reading multiple chapters in a row, I kept this rhytm till the end of the Reverie mini-arc, then went on a hiatus again.
I started reading One Piece weekly right during/after Oden's flashback and have been doing so these last 2 years cause we were in the middle of a war, the time for the showdown.
Now, I want to see the consequences of this war, the events outside Wano and have a good idea of the whole situation, standings and possible future events are. As soon as the next arc will start I'll go on another hiatus.

But don't worry
You'll see me again in the future

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I'm not dropping it but gonna go on a hiatus once Wano ends, I've always done it.

When I was a kid I started One Piece during Enies Lobby, I catched up re-starting from Chapter 1 and kept reading it (buying the volumes, at the time!) up to the reunion in Sabaody after the 2 years TS.
Then I went on a hiatus since Fishman Island wasn't exciting me, and came back reading weekly (obviously catching up) during Dressrosa, iirc it was during the battle in Green Bit. I finished the arc and went back on a hiatus during Zou.
Kept reading saltuary during Whole Cake Island, for example waiting 3-4 months and reading multiple chapters in a row, I kept this rhytm till the end of the Reverie mini-arc, then went on a hiatus again.
I started reading One Piece weekly right during/after Oden's flashback and have been doing so these last 2 years cause we were in the middle of a war, the time for the showdown.
Now, I want to see the consequences of this war, the events outside Wano and have a good idea of the whole situation, standings and possible future events are. As soon as the next arc will start I'll go on another hiatus.

But don't worry
You'll see me again in the future
:josad: