One Piece Chapter 1,073: "Miss Buckingham Stussy"

Rate ?

• Total voters
Saturn is gonna dogwalk Nika Luffy and show him the TRUE realm of the strongest.
I might be wrong, but you might wanna be careful by powerscaling Saturn. Looks like his power resides more on his status rather than his strenght.

Now I really like the fact that Oda is making the marine go full ruthless in that village it really shows how such a state can become overly tyrannical if given the option and the right characters.

Also love the fact that Bukkin really loves her clone child, this and the comment of Zoro about S hawk bring a little bit of humanity into this whole affair.

Also I like the little fact of having Saturn's meal be tested, it shows how much paranoiac those powerful and tyranical fascist figure can become.

That chapter was not a surprise but the little things here and there were very much a treat. Also.. Stussy is taking a step forward in the Nakama train, that's pretty good.

Pretty good chapter. Egghead has been good for pacing of events around the world.

It’s still odd that the first thing that Greenbull gets to do after his introduction with the Warlords at the start of the time skip is to get captured nonchalantly by Greenbull.
It’s hard to see that being Oda’s original plan here.

Also I might be on the stretch train right now, but the threads of the current storytelling are becoming clearer.

The dissapearance of Vegapunk..

It might means that we will not get the man on the ship after all.. for an unknown reason.. and we might also not get Bonnie either looking at the location of the two..

Meaning that on the ship we MIGHT end up with clones only:

- Vegapunk's versions
- Seraphim's version
- Stussy's version.

This is VERY interesting in term of theme. As this situation actually explores three different ways of looking at cloning.. but overall the creation of a new being.

I might be wrong and stretching the things here and there, but the real theme Oda might explore in the future could simply be : what define the humanity of people. A classic yet very interesting SF theme.

Also I might be on the stretch train right now, but the threads of the current storytelling are becoming clearer.

It might means that we will not get the man on the ship after all.. for an unknown reason.. and we might also not get Bonnie either looking at the location of the two..

- Vegapunk's versions
- Seraphim's version
- Stussy's version.

This is VERY interesting in term of theme. As this situation actually explores three different ways of looking at cloning.. but overall the creation of a new being.

I might be wrong and stretching the things here and there, but the real theme Oda might explore in the future could simply be : what define the humanity of people. A classic yet very interesting SF theme.
I don’t think the Seraphim will leave with the Strawhats. Kizaru & Saturn will succeed in taking them back, so only the Vegapunks will leave.

Old man Vegapunk may be taken by Bonney on their own separate path and eventually meet up with the Revolutionaries or even MADS (Germa 66 and Caesar).

- Vegapunk's versions
- Seraphim's version
- Stussy's version.

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to believe that original Vegapunk & Bonney got affected by Kuma's powers somehow and they are not on the island right now.

As for clones and edge of humanity - I like this idea, and it's very in character for Oda to explore it, I even have a headcanon that there could be some clone oppression going on in the world and SH will somehow fight it.
I might be wrong, sure, yet it's a fun thought to entertain.