One Piece Chapter 1,076: " Old Friends "

What would you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
Guys,about Shanks having with that giant kid and that female giant waitress kinda the same situation that he had with Luffy and Makino: didnt that gave you kinda a shady vibe? Like,it was like Luffy and Makino werent unique to Shanks at all. Imagine if he lives these kind of situations in every island he goes. I dont know,it gave me kinda a shady vibe for Shanks. Also all the people cheering for him,its like Oda tries very much to show us how good he is,and then he reveals us he is evil! What do you think about that scene?

Guys,about Shanks having with that giant kid and that female giant waitress kinda the same situation that he had with Luffy and Makino: didnt that gave you kinda a shady vibe? Like,it was like Luffy and Makino werent unique to Shanks at all. Imagine if he lives these kind of situations in every island he goes. I dont know,it gave me kinda a shady vibe for Shanks. Also all the people cheering for him,its like Oda tries very much to show us how good he is,and then he reveals us he is evil! What do you think about that scene?
That would make him a better character

Like how is Oda expecting us to feel tension against shanks. What is kidd auppouse to do with one ship. Hit somebody with metal while everybody looks while the guy that stopped the marineford war just stands there and the giants do nothing and Shanks crew which is at the very least comparable to Luffy's crew gets picked off one by one.

This is nothing like a fair fight. This is Kidd killer and a guy who breathes fire vs a yonkou crew and his allies and 4 giants.... wtf what the actual fuck oda.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think shanks being "evil" changes the story. He already gave Luffy his strawhat and is now trying to steal the poneglphs and reach Raftel. He's already in a direct path to fight Luffy or Blackbeard. I guess you could say that Shanks didn't expect Luffy to eat the fruit and now he was waiting for Luffy to awaken the fruit by some means but hiw would that benefit him. The fruits been inactive for decades and Roger reached rafter without it I'm supposing.

The only real way for him being evil to effect the plot is if he is secretly in the celestial side. Maybe he believes in Supreme balance and wants to stop Luffy from dismantling the WG. Which would be weird. Especially since he wants to go to Raftel himself. Infact we know he doesn't want people to smash the new generation do that would be inconsistent.

He just showed that he is autonomous from Luffy and if he would take Kiddls poneglyphs than he would take Luffy's.

Last edited:
Like how is Oda expecting us to feel tension against shanks. What is kidd auppouse to do with one ship. Hit somebody with metal while everybody looks while the guy that stopped the marineford war just stands there and the giants do nothing and Shanks crew which is at the very least comparable to Luffy's crew gets picked off one by one.
the tension is for shanks but for kid. He's basically going against all odds.