rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the viz version it seems we mistook a strand of hair going Kaido’s face for a broken tooth.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro eyes uff with this better quality you can feel how angry he is!!:steef::steef:
He looks so moe idk why πŸ˜†

i was going to say I look closely at that panel and I'm like there was no way kaido was that weak but I know he felt that though.
Man seems angry as fuk.

100 hostage Kaido will lose

Coz Rooftop gang don't have children to blackmail
He already sent his agents to find some good leverage. Expect hostages to be coming soon.

yeah he used it did u the aura around his hand when he used Gear 3 i marked it with blue .
Are you fucking serious right now? That's literally just shading. That's on almost every Haki punch ever.

Lol oh no

So Luffys new attack red roc is G3+red hawk right?
It's just the G3 version of Red Hawk. Nothing to do with G2.

And people get mad at me when I say that the most important members of the crew are Luffy, Zoro, and Nami, and that Zoro and *Nami*, are Luffy’s right and left hand. Oda makes a clear statement here.

Here, in a special illustration dedicated to the release of the thousandth chapter, Oda decides to draw the Original Three on their own. Luffy, flanked by Zoro and Nami in a tribute to a landmark chapter, and that’s without mentioning that outside of Luffy, the two most prominent and focused on members of the crew within the story are those two.

Original Trio for the win.

• Thinking that Luffy went Gear 4th for a ship of fodder, to K.O. a Number, almost did it for Ulti, then floored Kaido with a G3 makes me chuckle.

• Luffy walking past Big Mom and Kaido will only be done justice by the anime if they use the cool Jimmy Neutron theme.

• How many years have we spent thinking about the Supernova confronting the Yonko in a double spread? The HQ scan is just amazing.
Oh man, Luffy calling Shishilian Lion Viper reminds me of his nicknames for Pekoms.

After escaping death 3 times (Capone, his house collapsing, Capone again) then risking everything to save Luffy did he finally remember his name:

Wano has a phoenix, a dragon, a saber-toothed tiger, maybe Yamato as the white tiger. It could really use a turtle to complete the 4 cardinals. We'll have to see if Pekoms survived his fourth death by blinding, then sailed over to Wano under captain Pound.

I appreciate Oda calling back to the Minks and then Luffy remembering all the pivotal moments in Wano leading up to punching Kaido. Chapter 1000 is the kind of landmark a lot of people who haven't followed One Piece for years will check out. A lore heavy chapter might confuse these casual readers, who wouldn't feel this is the right place to jump in. He instead throws a quick recap laying out the build up for the battle. And there's a lot of battles about to start. Normally, we get these moments of Luffy remembering everyone's struggles and suffering just before he lands the final blow. I do like this change up, and it has potential implications for how Kaido and Big Mom will go down.
So Yamato retrieved the holy book of Oden after someone threw it in the water to save it from the fire. Just like the scholars of Ohara tried to save their books by throwing them into the lake. This could have hyped a mystery character if they saved the journal, then handed it over to Yamato without revealing their own name. But Yamato just found it in a river downstream. Most likely Toki or Kawamatsu did it once the castle was set on fire. It doesn't mean Toki is alive or some super secret Oden fan is hiding in Wano. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the kind of minor question that never gets answered.

Momo obtaining Oden's book of spoilers is exactly what he needs to learn what it means to be Shogun. The entire time he's been trying to live up to outsider's grand vision of Oden. Whether Oden was a coward, Orochi's stooge, or Wano's hero all along where just the changing perceptions of the public. Not the reality of Oden's own private thoughts. Losing his father at an early age meant he never got the full fatherly experience. Nobody was preparing him to be an 8 year old Shogun. Now he can read about his father's own ideals, logic, and dreams all for himself. The Scabbards all want to open up Wano, but do they know why? The Oden that visited One Piece can pass to Momo its true significance. He can connect to Momo in a way nobody but his father can.

Yamato, who has been trapped all her life in Onigashima, just running out and making Ace's Vivre Card is a bit humorous. It sort of deflates the big mystery as to why only New World pirates obtain and use them.

I figured maybe the life paper could only be obtained in a special location or a secret shop only New Worlders know about. Not even shippable like Adam Wood. Sabo could have ordered his revolutionary goons to make one for Luffy in Dressrosa, but with Yamato doing the same, the process must be less technical than Franky casually making a Den Den Mushi offpanel.

A guy named Ace giving Luffy something called a "card", and it sets itself on fire when the owner is in danger was funny. Sabo made one for Luffy, Yamato made one for Ace. Go back to Alabasta, go back to the Vivre Card burning up in Marineford, now you can feel a bit of Yamato there.

Yamato's repeating the same words Ace gave to Luffy when first introducing the Vivre Card. Oof. So that's why only New Worlders use these accursed things.

Just seeing the disappointment in their faces hurts. Everyone knocked out but Kin'emon and Denjiro who are crying. Too pathetic to even be killed by Kaido. Kaido did not give them honorable death, they're left alive just to suffer. Kin'emon no doubt overheard that Onigashima is on its way to the capital to wipe out the former Kozuki castle and countless innocents celebrating the Fire Festival. He would remain alive but utterly helpless to do anything but hear their screams. With all those thoughts in his head, the worst part is that he has to show his miserable face to Luffy. He has no choice but to hand over his fight, his hopes, his own honor over to Luffy.

I have no idea what Oda is planning to do with the Scabbards now. I'm guessing they will stay out of commission for a few chapters. There is still Orochi, who never saw the 9 Scabbards reunited, and potentially Kanjuro as loose ends. Kaido made it clear enough they have no business going the roof anymore. They would just get in the way and waste the lives that Luffy and Law protected. Becoming sacrificial meat shields would seem a little extreme for One Piece, but we'll have to see how the battle develops.

I have to wonder how hard Oda thought about The Punch.
  • Predatory bird Red Hawk upgraded to a mythological Red Roc, fitting for a legendary fish.
  • Ace's fire fist melted the dragon statue's head, Luffy carried foward Ace's warning to Kaido
  • Luffy saw Kin'emon humiliated by Kaido, Luffy burns him with his own firefox fist style.
  • Luffy started the first fight with Gear 3rd, only natural to show him how far he's come.
  • Roc was Ann's legendary bird that Luffy saved in Romance Dawn.
  • Luffy punches Lor (of) D. Coast/Koi D. Ou in Chapter 1/1000, chapter ends declaring he'll become Pirate King.
Hody talked about Luffy not being able to protect anyone, a callback to Ace, and he earned a flaming fist. Doflamingo took Ace's Mera Mera, a Red Hawk in the gut. Kaido got a Red Roc on behalf of Ace for Yamato, Tama and Wano. Roger was right that his son was finding One Piece - his foster son Luffy carrying out Ace's will. I fear what Oda is planning for Blackbeard and Akainu. There's a reason Luffy is saving his Gear 4th.

• Thinking that Luffy went Gear 4th for a ship of fodder, to K.O. a Number, almost did it for Ulti, then floored Kaido with a G3 makes me chuckle.

• Luffy walking past Big Mom and Kaido will only be done justice by the anime if they use the cool Jimmy Neutron theme.

• How many years have we spent thinking about the Supernova confronting the Yonko in a double spread? The HQ scan is just amazing.
Oh man, Luffy calling Shishilian Lion Viper reminds me of his nicknames for Pekoms.

After escaping death 3 times (Capone, his house collapsing, Capone again) then risking everything to save Luffy did he finally remember his name:

Wano has a phoenix, a dragon, a saber-toothed tiger, maybe Yamato as the white tiger. It could really use a turtle to complete the 4 cardinals. We'll have to see if Pekoms survived his fourth death by blinding, then sailed over to Wano under captain Pound.

I appreciate Oda calling back to the Minks and then Luffy remembering all the pivotal moments in Wano leading up to punching Kaido. Chapter 1000 is the kind of landmark a lot of people who haven't followed One Piece for years will check out. A lore heavy chapter might confuse these casual readers, who wouldn't feel this is the right place to jump in. He instead throws a quick recap laying out the build up for the battle. And there's a lot of battles about to start. Normally, we get these moments of Luffy remembering everyone's struggles and suffering just before he lands the final blow. I do like this change up, and it has potential implications for how Kaido and Big Mom will go down.
So Yamato retrieved the holy book of Oden after someone threw it in the water to save it from the fire. Just like the scholars of Ohara tried to save their books by throwing them into the lake. This could have hyped a mystery character if they saved the journal, then handed it over to Yamato without revealing their own name. But Yamato just found it in a river downstream. Most likely Toki or Kawamatsu did it once the castle was set on fire. It doesn't mean Toki is alive or some super secret Oden fan is hiding in Wano. It wouldn't surprise me if this is the kind of minor question that never gets answered.

Momo obtaining Oden's book of spoilers is exactly what he needs to learn what it means to be Shogun. The entire time he's been trying to live up to outsider's grand vision of Oden. Whether Oden was a coward, Orochi's stooge, or Wano's hero all along where just the changing perceptions of the public. Not the reality of Oden's own private thoughts. Losing his father at an early age meant he never got the full fatherly experience. Nobody was preparing him to be an 8 year old Shogun. Now he can read about his father's own ideals, logic, and dreams all for himself. The Scabbards all want to open up Wano, but do they know why? The Oden that visited One Piece can pass to Momo its true significance. He can connect to Momo in a way nobody but his father can.

Yamato, who has been trapped all her life in Onigashima, just running out and making Ace's Vivre Card is a bit humorous. It sort of deflates the big mystery as to why only New World pirates obtain and use them.

I figured maybe the life paper could only be obtained in a special location or a secret shop only New Worlders know about. Not even shippable like Adam Wood. Sabo could have ordered his revolutionary goons to make one for Luffy in Dressrosa, but with Yamato doing the same, the process must be less technical than Franky casually making a Den Den Mushi offpanel.

A guy named Ace giving Luffy something called a "card", and it sets itself on fire when the owner is in danger was funny. Sabo made one for Luffy, Yamato made one for Ace. Go back to Alabasta, go back to the Vivre Card burning up in Marineford, now you can feel a bit of Yamato there.

Yamato's repeating the same words Ace gave to Luffy when first introducing the Vivre Card. Oof. So that's why only New Worlders use these accursed things.

Just seeing the disappointment in their faces hurts. Everyone knocked out but Kin'emon and Denjiro who are crying. Too pathetic to even be killed by Kaido. Kaido did not give them honorable death, they're left alive just to suffer. Kin'emon no doubt overheard that Onigashima is on its way to the capital to wipe out Oden castle and countless innocents celebrating the Fire Festival. He would remain alive but utterly helpless to do anything but hear their screams. With all those thoughts in his head, the worst part is that he has to show his miserable face to Luffy. He has no choice but to hand over his fight, his hopes, his own honor over to Luffy.

I have no idea what Oda is planning to do with the Scabbards now. I'm guessing they will stay out of commission for a few chapters. There is still Orochi, who never saw the 9 Scabbards reunited, and potentially Kanjuro as loose ends. Kaido made it clear enough they have no business going the roof anymore. They would just get in the way and waste the lives that Luffy and Law protected. Becoming sacrificial meat shields would seem a little extreme for One Piece, but we'll have to see how the battle develops.

• Predatory bird Red Hawk upgraded to a mythological Red Roc, fitting for a legendary fish.
  • Ace's fire fist melted the dragon statue's head, Luffy carried foward Ace's warning to Kaido
  • Luffy saw Kin'emon humiliated by Kaido, Luffy burns him with his own firefox fist style.
  • Luffy started the first fight with Gear 3rd, only natural to show him how far he's come.
  • Luffy punches Lor (of) D. Coast/Koi D. Ou in Chapter 1/1000, chapter ends declaring he'll become Pirate King.
Hody talked about Luffy not being able to protect anyone, a callback to Ace, and he earned a flaming fist. Doflamingo took Ace's Mera Mera, a Red Hawk in the gut. Kaido got a Red Roc on behalf of Ace for Yamato, Tama and Wano. Roger was right that his son was finding One Piece - his foster son Luffy carrying out Ace's will. I fear what Oda is planning for Blackbeard and Akainu. There's a reason Luffy is saving his Gear 4th.
What a well-written post, i love those comparisons.

Just seeing the disappointment in their faces hurts. Everyone knocked out but Kin'emon and Denjiro who are crying. Too pathetic to even be killed by Kaido. Kaido did not give them honorable death, they're left alive just to suffer. Kin'emon no doubt overheard that Onigashima is on its way to the capital to wipe out the former Kozuki castle and countless innocents celebrating the Fire Festival. He would remain alive but utterly helpless to do anything but hear their screams. With all those thoughts in his head, the worst part is that he has to show his miserable face to Luffy. He has no choice but to hand over his fight, his hopes, his own honor over to Luffy.

It's always a ppleasure to read posts like this one :cheers:

Your well detailed posts after every chapter and or episode are always a treat my guy ❀️

J

Jo_Ndule

Nice

:choppawhat:interesting he landed Redhawk/red roc on Hody, Doffy and kaido
But not Katakuri who blocked...then we have katajuri respecting Luffy later on...

Teach and Akainu will surely get hit by Red Roc like Kaido is.
Oda will keep spamming Ace in the upcoming arcs

Status
Not open for further replies.