rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaido screamed in pain then said that kidd and law can bypass his durability. This whole chapter was showing the reader they all can hurt kaido in their own way.
Like I said I disagree. Throwing rocks, métal scraps and slamming him onto the ground aren't doing any damage to him.
It makes no sense since Oda introduced Kaido's skin durability.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Well OP was always full of cliche dialog,especially when the main character is involved.
When Luffy and Doflamingo fought, much of the dialogue was centered around how Doffy’s societal manipulation was effecting Dressrosa. Doffy and Law had a past together, and they talked about that past. Bellamy and Luffy talked about their ideals,and how Bellamy wasn’t going to alter his life path even though he knew he was being manipulated. Luffy and Lucci had dialogue about Robin, Luffy and Arlong had dialogue about Nami, Luffy and Katakuri had dialogue about family and such, etc.

And sure, there was dialogue about power levels in these fights, but only when it was necessary, the overarching plot was still the main focus.

This fight so far has had no dialogue about an overarching plot because Wano doesn’t have an overarching plot. This arc had been a story about getting strong enough to injure Kaido, and nothing more. So of course when Kaido and Luffy fight, they’ve got absolutely nothing to talk about and the dialogue is 100% “such power level!”

I think I’ve read Chinese propaganda manwha with deeper dialogue than this shit.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
If Oda wanted to show people that Kidd attacks dont hurt Kaido, he could have made Kaido say "just this Kidd that doesnt seem to be able to bypass my durability".
Instead he just goes for "these kids know how to bypass my durability". Not leaving anybody out of this declaration.
It's safer to assume he is talking about ALL of them, rather than just some.

I mean you can disagree but I’m telling you what happened in the chapter not an opinion. Kidd damaged Kaido.
I'll stay on my opinion. Because if he really did damage Kaido then it means Oda retconed his durability and we should consider that the Kaido we have seen in this raid isn't the same Kaido anymore.
He is now far less durable than RS Sanji.

If Oda wanted to show people that Kidd attacks dont hurt Kaido, he could have made Kaido say "just this Kidd that doesnt seem to be able to bypass my durability".
Instead he just goes for "these kids know how to bypass my durability". Not leaving anybody out of this declaration.
It's safer to assume he is talking about ALL of them, rather than just some.
Yeah, but readers don't dont believe that. Gibson Slam? Kaido jumped off from a sky island. :seriously:

It insulting??? Oda doesn't think so and kid had three times to raped him but didnt
Yeah cause they put their life on the line unlike Apoo
3 times?
- 1st time: Kidd kicks him out of a pub, Apoo asks for postponing it after they enter NW
- 2nd time: Kidd is stopped by Killer in their island, before the meeting
- 3rd time: Slams Apoo calling him out, Apoo attacks back. After that Kidd, Killer, Luffy and Zoro go away cause are surrounded at the center of the banquet all

I like Apoo as a character, even if he's a traitor, but comparing him to Kidd or Killer is dreaming.
Post automatically merged:

Like I said I disagree. Throwing rocks, métal scraps and slamming him onto the ground aren't doing any damage to him.
It makes no sense since Oda introduced Kaido's skin durability.
Kaido screams in pain cause he thinks is funny? lol
Kaido explicitely said: "These kids can bypass my durability"

I'll stay on my opinion. Because if he really did damage Kaido then it means Oda retconed his durability and we should consider that the Kaido we have seen in this raid isn't the same Kaido anymore.
He is now far less durable than RS Sanji.
Or maybe Kidd just has that much raw strength in his Punk Rotten form. You know it’s possible for Kidd to be impressive right lol

When Luffy and Doflamingo fought, much of the dialogue was centered around how Doffy’s societal manipulation was effecting Dressrosa. Doffy and Law had a past together, and they talked about that past. Bellamy and Luffy talked about their ideals,and how Bellamy wasn’t going to alter his life path even though he knew he was being manipulated. Luffy and Lucci had dialogue about Robin, Luffy and Arlong had dialogue about Nami, Luffy and Katakuri had dialogue about family and such, etc.

And sure, there was dialogue about power levels in these fights, but only when it was necessary, the overarching plot was still the main focus.

This fight so far has had no dialogue about an overarching plot because Wano doesn’t have an overarching plot. This arc had been a story about getting strong enough to injure Kaido, and nothing more. So of course when Kaido and Luffy fight, they’ve got absolutely nothing to talk about and the dialogue is 100% “such power level!”

I think I’ve read Chinese propaganda manwha with deeper dialogue than this shit.
Well Kaido is a very strong brute,to him everything revolves around strength,while Dofla is insightful and much deeper character.There is not much to talk about other then mocking Luffy and others if they have what it takes to beat him.

Yeah cause they put their life on the line unlike Apoo
3 times?
- 1st time: Kidd kicks him out of a pub, Apoo asks for postponing it after they enter NW
- 2nd time: Kidd is stopped by Killer in their island, before the meeting
- 3rd time: Slams Apoo calling him out, Apoo attacks back. After that Kidd, Killer, Luffy and Zoro go away cause are surrounded at the center of the banquet all

I like Apoo as a character, even if he's a traitor, but comparing him to Kidd or Killer is dreaming.
Post automatically merged:

Kaido screams in pain cause he thinks is funny? lol
Kaido explicitely said: "These kids can bypass my durability"
Killer legit call this man strong and wanted him on the team even he knew kid was against it he aint taking out apoo easily kid either and it a reality

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

TO BE FAIR, while I, at first, agree with you, I think this particular fight can get a little bit more "action focused", because this fight is the culmination of a reeeeeeeaaaaally long plotline that started waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in Punk hazard. Kaido was always "the big baddie that rules Wano and gotta be put down". There was nothing that gave deeper meaning to it during Wano. Orochi was basically a filler. During dressrosa we had all the colleseum, the toys drama, the birdcage, return of Bellamy, so on. Kaido doesn't have that. He is just the "big bad villain". Not the most interesting type of villain, but a type of villain nonetheless.
So I think it makes sense for this fight not have all these dialogs that we usually have against other baddies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
TO BE FAIR, while I, at first, agree with you, I think this particular fight can get a little bit more "action focused", because this fight is the culmination of a reeeeeeeaaaaally plotline that started waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in Punk hazard. Kaido was always "the big baddie that rules Wano and gotta be put down". There was nothing that gave deeper meaning to it during Wano.
I agree with you to an extent, but for me, Kaido being our focus for so long is even more justification that we should have more to talk about with him than just power levels.

If Kaido had been more than just the Phantom Menace for the past 5 arcs despite being hyped as our ultimate baddie, then there could’ve been much deeper conflicts at play here than just “muh power levels”. But that’s going to get me started on a rant about how tiny and disconnected the OP world is, which is its own separate criticism.

This dialogue is a testament to how bad Wano has been so far. It has literally just been a story about power level and nothing more. Oda snorted the Dragonball coke far too hard before he wrote this arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.