One Piece Chapter 1009 - Hell

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Great chapter. Best of the roof series thus far.

Virtually every player was solid this time around. Zoro and Law with the quick saves for the team. Luffy trying to hold off Hybrid Kaido. Kid and Law orchestrating the plan to disarm Linlin and knock her off the roof. Zoro and Killer providing them extra assistance. Linlin and Kaido demonstrating how monstrous they can be head on. You really get the sense that everyone here is a notch above almost everyone below. The one blemish is Linlin's apparent removal from the battle. This is very disappointing considering how much Oda hyped up a Yonko Alliance. It would be unfortunate if he didn't see it through completely.

Zoro was the star this chapter, though. Ever since the fighting began, Zoro has been on fire, particularly on defense. There were several instances where his teammates would've been dead or seriously injured without his intervention, and he has covered for them while dishing out his own form of offense at times. This chapter, he successfully defends against what is likely the strongest attack seen in the series, and continues to aid everyone despite his injuries. His actions gained the respect of the Kid Pirates, who express gratitude and concern for him. More camaraderie leads to better team work. Kid and Killer must be shocked to see how straightforward and devoted the Straw Hat duo are. Their previous Alliances were with backstabbers who wouldn't dare risk their butts for them, but between Luffy during Udon and Zoro now, perhaps they are starting to open up and consider these guys as true allies, maybe even friends, and not just associates with shared benefits. It goes back to how different the Straw Hats operate from other Pirate Crews, and that Kaido's words to the Scabbards that Luffy will betray them was further from the truth.

We're seeing some developments with Kaido. He has now started dodging attacks. He must've learned after the damages Luffy and Zoro handed him during 1003. Kid mentioned whether Luffy's attacks had an effect that chapter. I take Kaido's response here as a yes, otherwise why start dodging? This, however, only makes Kaido more dangerous, as he will start using his head alongside his muscles, making him even harder to beat. We see a little of that with how quickly he trounced Luffy. The tired WG are in for a world of hurt, I feel.

Down below, the Scabbards echo my thoughts perfectly.

I've no idea where Oda is going with Orochi. Narratively, he's pointless. The loose ends involving him aren't relevant and won't advance the story in any meaningful way. He isn't a threat to anyone now that Kaido has stopped backing him, and he's useless to CP0 without Kaido. His continued presence is time consuming. Momo's fight? Well, the problem with that is just to stroke Momo, when there are many paths Oda can take. If he brought back Orochi just for that, I'd consider it clunkily handled, as he's only doing it to fulfill a check mark and not organically weaving it to the plot. However, I do like that the Scabbards pay him little mind. Goes back to what Shinobu said.

They have a mission: to liberate Wano. They won't waste their time on dreck who isn't a threat to them. This extends to Zoro as well, who has demonstrated anger to Orochi. But he was more angry for those who suffered under him and Kaido. Realizing if things are to change, to avoid another Yasu incident, he would have to go to the source: Kaido. Almost in juxtaposition, Zoro is pouring more and more effort into the fight against the Emperors, even though it's killing him.

Marked improvement from last chapter. I hope the energy carries on to the next chapter.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
what do you prefer instead?
Cancellation of the series
Because it is still a Zoro moment.
Also why do you hate roof piece
Cause it's just a dumb fight. I stopped caring about Luffy in WCI. I never cared about kidd or Killer and Law's been a background character all Wano. Kaido's an uninteresting antagonist and up until this chapter the choreography was ape ass levels.

Kaido v. Luffy this chapter was pretty entertaining to watch though.

Got goosebumps no words left to describe the grandmaster he is the most reliable crewmate one could ever wish for
he was not there for Luffy in Marineford when he lost his brother, he is doing his best to never allow his captain so suffer alone again.

The comradery between the boys love it, they have become real brothers they way they have each others back haha, Kid especially must be pretty happy about that since he was badly betrayed by his alliance.

Their teamwork was flawless and big credit to Luffy as well for holding off Kaido until Big mom was dealth with by
Kid and Law.

Kid showed some real guts taking on those attacks from Big mom like a boss while smiling Law demonstrating how effective his abilities are in such situations dropping Big mom everyone was great 10/10 chapter for me:queenmoji:.

Cancellation of the series

Cause it's just a dumb fight. I stopped caring about Luffy in WCI. I never cared about kidd or Killer and Law's been a background character all Wano. Kaido's an uninteresting antagonist and up until this chapter the choreography was ape ass levels.

Kaido v. Luffy this chapter was pretty entertaining to watch though.
Why is it a dumb fight? Explain
Zoro has done some cool shit through out the fight.
Post automatically merged:

Imagine people thinking Zoro is high tier.
@LANJI CUCKSMOKE thinks Zoro is only as strong as Katakuri

Status
Not open for further replies.