One Piece Chapter 1009 - Hell

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Oda!! Right now, it is the best chapter of this year, absolutely a master piece.
The 5SN deserve to be there and deserve to be the next generation of glorious pirate.

Just epic.

Zoro the goat (nothing else to say)
Luffy just great, trusting Zoro @ this level (the 2 dinamic is extremely strong with Luffy&Zoro)
Law&Zoro dynamic is getting better and better
Kid I am liking each time more and more - the team effort with Law was impressive
Killer - I like to see more and more from him. Great interaction with Zoro (showing he has great respect for Zoro)

Big Mom is just Big Mom (I hate to say, but Oda doesnt like this character)

Kaido what a fuking beast - @ start I didnt enjoy this antagonist but right now is getting way better.

No break good

Last edited:
Called it in one of the threads that scabbards will take Orochi's heads!:steef: Have felling that he isn't done yet.

Nice team work by the 5SNs,especially Zoro who was going a extra mile.

Kaido's hybrid design is starting to grow on me,love that he has tail,he did his thing against Luffy.

The big question is in what state will BM come back,if she comes back as O Lin Lin there goes the arc to the toilet,we should be very afraid.

Last edited:
So @An Dórn was my April Fools plan to have an anti-account that argues against everything I believe. That meant I had to read spoilers for that week since on a Thursday that’s where all the activity is.

So that plan turned into a massive challenge when this chapter decided to throw at us Zoro having one of the best feats in the series. Just had to resort to incoherent trolling

Anyway, the chapter itself, Jinbei’s got a nightclub bouncer vibe on that front cover with that big jacket

The Scabbards vs Orochi one, I’d assume, is leaving him one last head to be killed off, by Hiyori or Momo? I’m quite surprised at how quick it went down, him coming back and immediately getting cut up.

As for the roof fight... well, that was outstanding from Zoro. To block a combined attack from two Yonko, an attack with a hell of a lot of symbolism behind it- the Dorry and Broggy reference, the sovereignt/Haki aspect- is increidble enough, but to then cut back up fairly quickly and fight on is even more incredible.

Kaido’s got a nice brutality about him when he actually starts fighting, like when he battered Luffy there

And that was, I have to say, I fairly clever way for the rooftop 5 to deal with BM. Sure, I was expecting the yeetening, but removing the Homies from the action and the combined DF powers of Kid and Law was pretty smart.

As for what it means, well, that looks to be the end of Big Mom. For this fight, and for the series. Her super-form, Giant inspired team attack with Kaido is her last hurrah, she’s shown her best, now we can be rid of her. There’s not much reason to think that they will fail in their attempt to get rid of her- because that means the fight is over, they simply can’t win against the two of them, and there’s no point in having this clever push over the edge plan not actually work.

And we know what happened the last time Big Mom fell into the ocean.

So yeah, the Olin cometh. Ultimately a character that I think, quite clearly, has only been put on Wano to cut time. She’s never managed to fit in, and that’s why we’ve had her getting kicked out this fight and the two Waterfall disasters to her crew. Oda’s dealing with the Big Mom Pirates in the here and now, without a proper fight.

The only alternative I can see that could potentially happen to her is that she washes up ashore, comes back in time for the end of the fight, on the mainland, and backstabs Kaido by the end for abandoning her. Pirate betrayal, after all. But that’s a long shot, cause there’s then the question of how to deal with her just arisen all over again, and with no easy Olin method there.

For the rest of the fight on the roof, I think we’ll need Zoro and maybe Luffy to get a break. There will be a cut away from the main fight to the others, this time in order to finish all the fights, and then after we’ll get Kid, Law and Killer’s big moments against Kaido before Luffy and Zoro take over for the finale.
be ready for BM the main antagonist of Elbaf, nothing you're suggesting regarding her future make any sense, just recently she has been talking about getting the poneglyph, and there's still pudding race plotline, Mother Caramel plotline and many more

be ready for BM the main antagonist of Elbaf, nothing you're suggesting regarding her future make any sense, just recently she's been talking about getting the poneglyph, and there's still pudding race plotline, Mother Caramel plotline and many more
She’s not going to be a main antagonist in Elbaf. If she was, there would be no point in her being on Wano.

She will be on Elbaf, as Olin, but that’s all. Pudding’s race doesn’t even need to tie into Big Mom anymore than King’s race needs to tie in to Kaido. The Carmel plotline can be done just as well in Elbaf with Olin, with the giants holding childlike Olin, who has no memory of the event or anything she did as an adult, responsible.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
So @An Dórn was my April Fools plan to have an anti-account that argues against everything I believe. That meant I had to read spoilers for that week since on a Thursday that’s where all the activity is.

So that plan turned into a massive challenge when this chapter decided to throw at us Zoro having one of the best feats in the series. Just had to resort to incoherent trolling

Anyway, the chapter itself, Jinbei’s got a nightclub bouncer vibe on that front cover with that big jacket

The Scabbards vs Orochi one, I’d assume, is leaving him one last head to be killed off, by Hiyori or Momo? I’m quite surprised at how quick it went down, him coming back and immediately getting cut up.

As for the roof fight... well, that was outstanding from Zoro. To block a combined attack from two Yonko, an attack with a hell of a lot of symbolism behind it- the Dorry and Broggy reference, the sovereignt/Haki aspect- is increidble enough, but to then cut back up fairly quickly and fight on is even more incredible.

Kaido’s got a nice brutality about him when he actually starts fighting, like when he battered Luffy there

And that was, I have to say, I fairly clever way for the rooftop 5 to deal with BM. Sure, I was expecting the yeetening, but removing the Homies from the action and the combined DF powers of Kid and Law was pretty smart.

As for what it means, well, that looks to be the end of Big Mom. For this fight, and for the series. Her super-form, Giant inspired team attack with Kaido is her last hurrah, she’s shown her best, now we can be rid of her. There’s not much reason to think that they will fail in their attempt to get rid of her- because that means the fight is over, they simply can’t win against the two of them, and there’s no point in having this clever push over the edge plan not actually work.

And we know what happened the last time Big Mom fell into the ocean.

So yeah, the Olin cometh. Ultimately a character that I think, quite clearly, has only been put on Wano to cut time. She’s never managed to fit in, and that’s why we’ve had her getting kicked out this fight and the two Waterfall disasters to her crew. Oda’s dealing with the Big Mom Pirates in the here and now, without a proper fight.

The only alternative I can see that could potentially happen to her is that she washes up ashore, comes back in time for the end of the fight, on the mainland, and backstabs Kaido by the end for abandoning her. Pirate betrayal, after all. But that’s a long shot, cause there’s then the question of how to deal with her just arisen all over again, and with no easy Olin method there.

For the rest of the fight on the roof, I think we’ll need Zoro and maybe Luffy to get a break. There will be a cut away from the main fight to the others, this time in order to finish all the fights, and then after we’ll get Kid, Law and Killer’s big moments against Kaido before Luffy and Zoro take over for the finale.
When I saw term "Zorobrainers" I was immediately set on this acc being Jo.

Jo uses this term.

Lmao. Nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.