One Piece Chapter 1009 - Hell

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I thought it was interesting how Oda chose to depict all the expressions of the Roof 5, watching Zoro block Hakai.

At this point Zoro has already said what he needed.
Even with Luffy's pleading, he tells them to just go, "we can't let them wipe us all out!!"

That's all Kid and Killer needed to hear they are "sprinting for the door" in their panels, resigned to abandoning Zoro. Makes sense since Kid and Killer have their own dreams and they don't know Zoro too well.

And then law’s like “I’m not running, but I’m definitely not staying, I’ve got a smarter idea”

But you also have Luffy, even after Zoro told Luffy to go, he is still just watching. If Law wasn't there to switch, would Luffy have eventually ran and dodged. As Zoro says, it is important to live on, in order to continue to fight and defeat Kaido, but I think Luffy would jump in and tag team it with Zoro, live or die.

Often times we talk about Zoro faith in Luffy and how he watch over him but seldom talk about the vice versa.
Great find. Luffy would've stuck by Zoro's side if Law didn't transport them. If they were going to die in this fight, they would die together as true Nakama would.

That's all Kid and Killer needed to hear they are "sprinting for the door" in their panels, resigned to abandoning Zoro. Makes sense since Kid and Killer have their own dreams and they don't know Zoro too well.
This is correct, but doing this Zoro gained a lot of respect from both Kidd and Killer.

- Kidd in the first place thanked him cause he aknowlodges the sacrifice Zoro was ready to do
And, as we saw in the ending of the chapter, makes sure to give a meaning to the injury Zoro took for all of them

- Killer's was more subtle but still there and can be noticed during their joined attack, when Killer calls Zoro "Roronoa"

Instead of "Zorojuro", like the last time

I actually expect this "change of name" to happen the other way around too, while the fight progresses, since Zoro also called him "Kamazo" during their first joined attack

If Luffy knew he could fight in base for a bit. Why did he use G4 so early in the battle??
i am bamboozle me self man, i reckon just to bring out kaido's true form out... just a prequel to his new gear 5 or something, so that he ( luffy) doesn't get wasted by exerting everything he's got just to know that he can turn hybrid.., idk honestly ig just a preface but zoro's technically out.. no one anticipated that.. or luffy has been observing kaido and now he's onto something.

This chapter had me hype from beginning to end. I doubt Big Mom is down for the count, but if she doesn’t return I’m not mad at how she went out. She shined a lot at the top of the roof I’m my opinion. The supernovas plan was perfectly executed, with everyone getting a little shine this chapter. I’m hoping this means Nami can get Zeus back and this will be the stronger lighting source she hinted at earlier. The scabbards showing they’re still a problem was great to see. I believe Orochi should have 1 head left. Is killing him going to be Momo’s feat!? Raizo Vs. Fukurokuju is a fight I wasn’t expecting but glad it’s happening. I thinking the rest of the scabbards will fight the numbers, other than Kinemon since he’ll probably fight Kanjuro. I’m still wishing Yamato will be able to the action, but the more the fight continues the less likely it’s looking.

I thought it was interesting how Oda chose to depict all the expressions of the Roof 5, watching Zoro block Hakai.

At this point Zoro has already said what he needed.
Even with Luffy's pleading, he tells them to just go, "we can't let them wipe us all out!!"

And then law’s like “I’m not running, but I’m definitely not staying, I’ve got a smarter idea”

But you also have Luffy, even after Zoro told Luffy to go, he is still just watching. If Law wasn't there to switch, would Luffy have eventually ran and dodged. As Zoro says, it is important to live on, in order to continue to fight and defeat Kaido, but I think Luffy would jump in and tag team it with Zoro, live or die.

Often times we talk about Zoro faith in Luffy and how he watch over him but seldom talk about the vice versa.
Interesting observation...the bonding between Luffy and Zoro is always special....best duo hands down...

Does anyone think Luffy woulda dodged the attack with G4 Snakeman or is it a bit too fast for him???
i believe even if he got him in gear 4 snake man form it would do relatively less damage.. but dodging.. gear 4 snake man.. prolly? idk coz its more of a fast offense gear.. based on pace where he gets his attack's momentum from..
Post automatically merged:

This chapter had me hype from beginning to end. I doubt Big Mom is down for the count, but if she doesn’t return I’m not mad at how she went out. She shined a lot at the top of the roof I’m my opinion. The supernovas plan was perfectly executed, with everyone getting a little shine this chapter. I’m hoping this means Nami can get Zeus back and this will be the stronger lighting source she hinted at earlier. The scabbards showing they’re still a problem was great to see. I believe Orochi should have 1 head left. Is killing him going to be Momo’s feat!? Raizo Vs. Fukurokuju is a fight I wasn’t expecting but glad it’s happening. I thinking the rest of the scabbards will fight the numbers, other than Kinemon since he’ll probably fight Kanjuro. I’m still wishing Yamato will be able to the action, but the more the fight continues the less likely it’s looking.
.. what if the box on the roof where zeus is contained falls off from the hole in roof.. and that's how nami get zeus

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
i am bamboozle me self man, i reckon just to bring out kaido's true form out... just a prequel to his new gear 5 or something, so that he ( luffy) doesn't get wasted by exerting everything he's got just to know that he can turn hybrid.., idk honestly ig just a preface but zoro's technically out.. no one anticipated that.. or luffy has been observing kaido and now he's onto something.
You might be right but that panel where he got smashed in between his legs ain't giving me hope. I am not sure but I think Kaido might actually be a bit too fast for G4. If I was Luffy, I would keep fighting in base and switch to G4 for defence and switch back to normal for offence.

LOL @ Zoro having Yonko level feat.

This is what Law said; he can't use shambles on Big mom due to Big mom's gigantic Haki.

But Law still teleports all 5 SNs includes Zoro's 1 second blocking Haki condition.

The power that Zoro unleashed in that 1 second + 4 SNs are not even equal to Big mom's gigantic Haki. :steef:

Big mom's gigantic Haki alone >>> Zoro's 1 second Hakai blocking Haki unleashing condition + 4 SNs Haki.

And Big mom is still getting lowballed when she proved that she is much stronger than MF Trashbeard whose weak CoA got stabbed by Squardo's sword with ease and then he is called as weak by Croco boy. :whitepress:

Its amazing that Big mom despite having amazing feats like this is still getting lowballed while Trashbeard at MF is getting wanked mostly because of the agendas of Admiral fans so they wank Admirals over MF Trashbeard, but they think Big mom isn't stronger than MF Trashbeard...

Pretty sure Law could use Shambles on MF Trashbeard or Admirals but Big Mom's Haki is just too strong! As a Blackbeard fan I wish BB will have the same Haki as Big mom but I wouldn't be mad if he doesn't. BB can probably neutralize Law's room with Darkness logia before getting shambled by Law.

Also did Zoro cough blood and blood came from his nose in the last page without even getting hit by anyone? :suresure: Zoro is already feeling the side effects of his 1 second only blocking feat, similar to Lucci after getting hit by G3.
You’re right. The spoilers made it seem crazy horrible but when I read the chapter it was different story

never gonna read spoilers again ! Misleading shit

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
LOL @ Zoro having Yonko level feat.

This is what Law said; he can't use shambles on Big mom due to Big mom's gigantic Haki.

But Law still teleports all 5 SNs includes Zoro's 1 second blocking Haki condition.

The power that Zoro unleashed in that 1 second + 4 SNs are not even equal to Big mom's gigantic Haki. :steef:

Big mom's gigantic Haki alone >>> Zoro's 1 second Hakai blocking Haki unleashing condition + 4 SNs Haki.

And Big mom is still getting lowballed when she proved that she is much stronger than MF Trashbeard whose weak CoA got stabbed by Squardo's sword with ease and then he is called as weak by Croco boy. :whitepress:

Its amazing that Big mom despite having amazing feats like this is still getting lowballed while Trashbeard at MF is getting wanked mostly because of the agendas of Admiral fans so they wank Admirals over MF Trashbeard, but they think Big mom isn't stronger than MF Trashbeard...

Pretty sure Law could use Shambles on MF Trashbeard or Admirals but Big Mom's Haki is just too strong! As a Blackbeard fan I wish BB will have the same Haki as Big mom but I wouldn't be mad if he doesn't. BB can probably neutralize Law's room with Darkness logia before getting shambled by Law.

Also did Zoro cough blood and blood came from his nose in the last page without even getting hit by anyone? :suresure: Zoro is already feeling the side effects of his 1 second only blocking feat, similar to Lucci after getting hit by G3.
Stop downplaying the feat. Who cares if he did it in a femtosecond. He saved their lives end of.

Status
Not open for further replies.