vote:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I didn't like it this Luffy's come back... it's a bit of a stretch for me. Like he has been unconscious till a moment ago, and he woke up with this great idea and now he'll obliterate Kaido -.-
Oda is trying to show us how much stronger luffy became during his training in Udon. An attack of the same level, left him unconsious before, but now he is back on his feet in a matter of a few minutes. Ok maybe it was a little too fast but you get it what i am saying right?

Regarding Zoro this chapter ;

1) Zoro surpassed his limits with Ashura this chapter and Subconsciously imbued CoC into it hence Kaidou's words about him being A conqueror

2) Zoro's death state and determination is what allowed him to tap into his potential and momentarily surpass his limit to imbue Haoshoku into Ashura.

3) A healthy Zoro's Ashura will not have been imbued with CoC and thus will be weaker than the Ashura he used this chapter ie This Ashura> A Healthy Zoro Normal Ashura.

4) Zoro already has something to reflect and expand his powers on,he is not done yet and will be even stronger before the arc's end.

5) Luffy> Zoro> Other Rooftop SN.

Regarding Zoro this chapter ;

1) Zoro surpassed his limits with Ashura this chapter and Subconsciously imbued CoC into it hence Kaidou's words about him being A conqueror

2) Zoro's death state and determination is what allowed him to tap into his potential and momentarily surpass his limit to imbue Haoshoku into Ashura.

3) A healthy Zoro's Ashura will not have been imbued with CoC and thus will be weaker than the Ashura he used this chapter ie This Ashura> A Healthy Zoro Normal Ashura.

4) Zoro already has something to reflect and expand his powers on,he is not done yet and will be even stronger before the arc's end.

5) Luffy> Zoro> Other Rooftop SN.
I think a health asura Zoro would have damaged Kaido more because he could have put more physical strength and haki in that mode and his attack.

Chapter was awesome. Overall one of the best in the series for me, from sheer hype level.

Zoro’s part was excellent. Ashura looked awesome after so long, and awakening CoC was really cool as well, feels gratifying to have that come around after the parallels between him and Rayleigh have been present for a long time now.

To me though, the best part of Zoro’s scene wasn’t Ashura, nor even the CoC. As I said in the spoiler thread, it was what he said about Luffy to Kaido. That stuff gets me every time, especially when it’s from Zoro or Nami. It hits differently with them because they’re his two closest companions, part of the original trio, and the two most important crew mates. It’s part of what made Nami’s moment a few chapters ago so special, and this was no different. The only person on the crew that comes close to that impact in those scenes is Jinbe.

Another plus was Law. Law got a really good character development moment with what he said about his plan, and it shows how he and Luffy have that relationship that Roger and WB had, of friendship and mutual respect high enough that Law wouldn’t intentionally hurt members of Luffy’s crew. Plus, he damaged Kaido with a mid level attack of his, and ranked a Thunder Bagua. Really good from him, and despite Luffy’s statement, we know Law isn’t going to drop down, likely only going to transport Zoro. He’s one of Luffy’s two rivals among the Supernova, and told Luffy earlier that he doesn’t take orders from him. Law isn’t going away, and I don’t think that Luffy is quite yet the level to solo Kaido.

All that said, Zoro and Law had great moments, but Luffy absolutely outshined both. The panel of him standing back up in shadow was epic, as was when he dodged Kaido’s attack. Utilizing the same level of CoC that Roger and Whitebeard were using was amazing, and bludgeoning the high hell out of Kaido using only that *in base form* is nuts. It’s ridiculous to think that out of all the attacks that Kaido has taken, including Zoro’s strongest attack, the ones that have damaged him the most is one from Luffy who wasn’t even using any gears.

Luffy is in another realm now. He’s absolutely a top tier, I’d put him above the admirals, and he hasn’t even started incorporating CoC into his gears yet.

Great chapter, my favorite of Wano so far. Can’t wait for more, but with what we got today, I’m not even slightly upset there’s a break. Just outstanding.

Oda is trying to show us how much stronger luffy became during his training in Udon. An attack of the same level, left him unconsious before, but now he is back on his feet in a matter of a few minutes. Ok maybe it was a little too fast but you get it what i am saying right?
The attack wasn't at the same level though, the most recent attack was definitely stronger. If a boxer could KO me with his jab, then I spend two weeks(?) improving my punching power, it wouldn't be that convincing if am then hit by his uppercut and get up after a three second count. Even more so if I improved more as a fighter in those three seconds than I did in the two weeks of training. It seems like Luffy has gotten stronger in one chapter than he did throughout the entirety of the post-time skip skip.

"Haki blooms only in extreme conditions"-Rayleigh

This is exactly what Zoro did with his Ashura subconsciously imbuing it with CoC and scaring Kaido.

This Ashura is definitely above Zoro's normal Ashura and thus there are no regrets on Zoro's part or a hypothetical "what Healthy Zoro Ashura" would have done.

Zoro will only be getting stronger and consistently surpassing his limits going onwards this arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.