Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't know why but Oda couldn't make Kaido feel that threatening. He seemed much more threatening when he was introduced. Felt like a fucking demon and someone whom Luffy can never even dream to beat. But now... ehh
Classic shonen thing. I don't even understand why you complain.
Madara, Freezer and so on looks threathening when they were way stronger than the MC.
When they aren't they looks normal.

As for Luffy's progression it's coherent.
Luffy's training for this fight starts at Katakuri.
He fought Katakuri to unlock FS, spent 2 weeks at training for Internal Haki
And fought Kaido to be able to use CoC on his attacks.
3 PU to be able to stand his grounds against Kaido
Zoro had one
Killer Kid and Law none
But somehow when it's Luffy it's an asspull.

I don't think there's any need for her to turn into O-lin right now. The other time it was done so that Big Mom can help the straw hats as a 'temporary' ally but this time she's already on Tama's side. Oda wouldn't have done this 'mother mode' thing if she was anyways going to lose her memories next chapter, at least imo.
Hope that you are right,but with Oda anything is possible.

"That long-nosed bastard".. that stuff never gets old :D
Those exploding pine cones actually looked very powerful. It could honestly be a legit mid/high mid tier attack. Ussop really has bad luck with that guy. He's just hella tough
Not that he was in to win it in the first place, but still..
And did Big Mom legit broke his neck or what? Ulti is visibly shaking. Damn Big Mom is really in to traumatize those kids for life.

And when Zeus is already there, Law and Zoro should be nearby aswell. Looks like Nami gets Zeus back, knocks out Ulit and Kid gets to dance with BM (perhaps with Law inbetween?).
Fulgora overall the MVP of that chapter though.. Hera looks hella OP. Zeus was a thundercloud, but she seems to be pure lightning.. That looks like one hell of a power up.

Yup. Page one is dead.
Not dead dead but I'm amused either way. Who saw this coming for him, back at the beginning of 2019?

So far Katakuri is looking more threatening than Kaido. Katakuri was pummeling the shit out of Base Luffy, then out-speeding G2, then overpowering G3 and G4. It looked like an impossible task for Luffy to overcome him whereas a single Club attack and boom Luffy can equally compete with Kaido in Base form
LMAO you know that guy used a picture of Kaido smiling and laughing to compare to serious, finishing mode Katakuri. Maybe he's making fun of you

Classic shonen thing. I don't even understand why you complain.
Madara, Freezer and so on looks threathening when they were way stronger than the MC.
When they aren't they looks normal.

As for Luffy's progression it's coherent.
Luffy's training for this fight starts at Katakuri.Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1011: RED BEAN CODE OF HONOR
He fought Katakuri to unlock FS, spent 2 weeks at training for Internal Haki
And fought Kaido to be able to use CoC on his attacks.
3 PU to be able to stand his grounds against Kaido
Zoro had one
Killer Kid and Law none
But somehow when it's Luffy it's an asspull.
I never said it's an asspull. I like it. It's just that Kaido doesn't feel that threatening of a villain which even villains like Captain Kuro, Arlong and Katakuri felt even towards the end of their respective fights. As for Kaido, it doesn't even look like we're in the climax of the fight and Luffy is already on an equal standing.

Also, shouldn't Kaido's Adv CoC be on a totally different level than Luffy's when the latter has just unlocked it? As a Luffy stan, I don't really complain, but you can't really say that's totally coherent.

be patient, Kaido is not fighting seriously, nor he will even lose here
Those are just assumptions. There's literally no proof that he's not fighting seriously when he's standing right there in his strongest form. I would like for this to be true, but nothing is pointing towards that right now. What's more realistic is that Kaidoo himself would unlock a newer power-up during the fight. Awakening, maybe?

Solid chapter all around.

• Thought the colorspread was great. The variety and imagination of them is always good, and I loved seeing Jinbe in another one. So cool that he’s now going to be a regular fixture in them.

•Luffy can Kaido is awesome, and Luffy hasn’t even used anything other than base and Advanced CoC. When that gets to its climax, it’s gonna be epic. Loved Kaido’s assessment of Luffy. “The more risk, the wider your smile.” That’s such an perfect way to describe Luffy. Kaido genuinely respects him now.

• Big Mom is just a walking natural disaster. Good lord, she hit Page One back to the Cretaceous period. Hera is no freaking joke, either. I like the consistency with Big Mom, it makes perfect sense for her to take issue with Kaido’s subordinates given the premium she puts on food. It’s not about morality in the same sense as the navy’s “morality,” as pirates make their own. We’ve seen this from Luffy and company time and time again. They all determine what matters to them, and that matters to Big Mom. Simple as that. Whether this turns into a betrayal against Kaido, which I thought would be the end result (with us getting Luffy/Law/Kid vs Kaido vs Big Mom) remains to be seen.

• With Killer out of the picture (Hawkins vs Killer will be an interesting matchup, their dialogue was pretty good), I might have been wrong about Law going back up to fight Kaido, as Kid is going to need help with Big Mom. So we might actually get a full 1v1 between Luffy and Kaido, and get Law/Kid vs Big Mom, which would be cool too. People would finally have to stop pretending Law isn’t as much Luffy’s rival as Kid is, and puts them solidly on their own teir, close to Luffy, above everyone else in the Supernova, which has been obvious to anyone who was remotely honest about it.

• Nami vs Ulti is creeping closer and I’m hyped! Zeus is not going to be happy at all that Big Mom created Hera, I think, and is about to revolt. Unless he develops a crush on Hera (plausible, given the name), which would be pretty funny. But regardless, he’s ending up in the same place Nami is, which means they’re about to be a duo again and put Ulti down, which would be *great* for Nami. So excited to see it.

• Speaking of Nami, she was hilarious this chapter (Uncle Usopp lol), though she rarely isn’t.

• Love Tama! More Tama is always a good thing.

Pretty good chapter heading into Golden Week. A shame that we’re already at that time, but looking forward to the next chapter.

Last edited:
I never said it's an asspull.
This wasn't for you especially but in general.
It's just that Kaido doesn't feel that threatening of a villain which even villains like Captain Kuro, Arlong
Luffy was making fun of Arlong.
Captain Kuro wasn't threatening once they understand how his attack works.

Katakuri was but only because Oda did everything in one fight whereas for Kaido they are 5 and Luffy had several attempts.
To be honest this fight is more coherent as the one against Katakuri.
We aren't sure Kaido showed us everything.
Also Kaido looks for strong opponents and a good fight. Katakuri only tried to stop Luffy.
Kaido lets people hits him, Katakuri don't.
CoC is related to will so I don't think it should be on a different level.

I care, @Kejon cares, people who are fans of Killer cares. Just because it's a not a Straw Hat fight doesn't mean it should be off paneled.

At least Killer is about to fight someone, where is Sanji oh right still missing and running around.:kayneshrug:
Lmao oda always saves the best fights for last :kayneshrug: who was even talking about sanji? Don't you think it's kinda pathetic to bring this up seeing you damn well know sanji will get a fight revealed later? And it's gona be against someone stronger than hawkins :milaugh: I like killer Don't get me wrong. But killer fans are just zoro and kid fans who like him for what they think he represents. Which is "a rival to zoro" and a zoro counterpart for kidd.

Status
Not open for further replies.