Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Connecting the events above, Kaido should just accept defeat after Luffy defeated him. Based on what he said to Kinemon, he shouldn't wake up to attack Luffy again post his defeat (unless he is being a hypocrite to Kinemon).
Not really. High recovery is part of a Zoan's skillset. Kaido standing up again after Luffy defeat him is part of his abilities. He shouldn't accept defeat when he can still fight.

Kaido chided Kinemon because Kinemon's resistance was futile. He couldn't even stand up properly. His body had already been defeated and he was trying to move it on sheer willpower alone.

In the ZKK scenario, Kaido can still fight. He's not yet truly defeated. Kaido will not be truly defeated until he's dead because of his insane recovery.

Then about the "honorable death" part, being killed by Zoro after trying to either attack sitting duck Luffy or going rampage post his defeat doesn't sound like "honorable death" to me.
Honorable death fits more with a scenario like, Luffy defeats him, then either Marine or CP0 come then Kaido pulled a Zephyr to end the arc. And a final good moment for him and Yamato before his death.

What do you think? @Cinera @Aknolagon @Rivaille @Guan Yu @HA001 etc.
Nah, I don't think Kaido is getting an honourable death. Kaido's story with Yamato will be concluded during their battle.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Kaido clearly said to Kinemon "It's not easy. But sometimes you have to accept defeat." Then after that he comments about "honorable death".

Now, about the ZKK scenario you guys often talking about. Scenario is basically:
Luffy defeats Kaido -> Luffy collapsed yet Kaido stands up again with zoan recovery -> Kaido can't accept defeat then he goes ham, either targetting unconscious Luffy or running amok in Flower Capital -> ZKK.

Connecting the events above, Kaido should just accept defeat after Luffy defeated him. Based on what he said to Kinemon, he shouldn't wake up to attack Luffy again post his defeat (unless he is being a hypocrite to Kinemon).

Then about the "honorable death" part, being killed by Zoro after trying to either attack sitting duck Luffy or going rampage post his defeat doesn't sound like "honorable death" to me.
Honorable death fits more with a scenario like, Luffy defeats him, then either Marine or CP0 come then Kaido pulled a Zephyr to end the arc. And a final good moment for him and Yamato before his death.

What do you think? @Cinera @Aknolagon @Rivaille @Guan Yu @HA001 etc.
It won't be honourable if he refuses to accept he's lost and tries to destroy wano in anger.
Which is the point.

I had been hoping that the Thousand Sunny could save Luffy instead of Law's Submarine but hey, what is done is done haha. Still that would have constituted an epic rearrangement of what we had witnessed in the past.
Personally I was kind of hoping for Garp. I knew it was far fetched but the navy was aware of what was going down in Wano and it wouldn't be weird if Garp felt the need to go and protect Luffy, as he knows just how strong Kaido is. But in the end I believe this might all be for the better, just hoping for Kaido/Yamato backstory next chapter, because it did end on a perfect note for some good ole backstory.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Not really. High recovery is part of a Zoan's skillset. Kaido standing up again after Luffy defeat him is part of his abilities. He shouldn't accept defeat when he can still fight.

Kaido chided Kinemon because Kinemon's resistance was futile. He couldn't even stand up properly. His body had already been defeated and he was trying to move it on sheer willpower alone.

In the ZKK scenario, Kaido can still fight. He's not yet truly defeated. Kaido will not be truly defeated until he's dead because of his insane recovery.

Nah, I don't think Kaido is getting an honourable death. Kaido's story with Yamato will be concluded during their battle.
It would fit if Yamato would be the one to kill Kaido, with tears in her eyes, still at some point loving her father. Then Kaido dies, with a smile in his eyes:

„I am proud of you Yamato.“

Mann this chapter is insanely amazing!! One of my favorite chapters in 2021 so far. Sanji finally acts like a beast in this chapter, making Queen's neck spin and block all of Perospero's arrows. This scene really reminds me of the moment he saved Usopp from Jyabura. It's been a very long time since Sanji got his proper fight and now, it's Sanji vs Queen finally happening. :steef: Also, that is some funny Zoro and Sanji interaction too.

Kinemon's moment was sad too, seeing him desperately stabbing Kaido like that, especially with the flashbacks between him and Momo kinda hurts. Well, tbh I don't know if he will really die or not. But if Oda really wants to make him die, please let him see Otsuru one more time, or at least let Otsuru give him a final kiss. :josad:

Law and Kid's interaction is really a throwback to their moment in Sabaody. And I also can't wait to see Yamato vs Kaido. Also can't wait for Zoro to gets healed and gets into the fight again.

10/10 for me, and no break next week yeah!!

It would fit if Yamato would be the one to kill Kaido, with tears in her eyes, still at some point loving her father. Then Kaido dies, with a smile in his eyes:

„I am proud of you Yamato.“
do you know what would be fitting? scabbards beheading kaido, but since some scabbards already died, and even if they were alive they are too weak to behead kaido. if by anymeans scabbards were to behead kaido, it would be perfect, but unfortunately that wont happen

In the ZKK scenario, Kaido can still fight. He's not yet truly defeated. Kaido will not be truly defeated
What if when Kaido gets KOed by Luffy, his recovery that works from his DF power also stops working? (just like Doffy's birdcage that is the work of his DF also stopped working as soon as Doffy got KOed)

Not happening. Kaido and Yamato's plot won't end well with their battle, that's why the Messiah will come to save the day.

While I'm quite sure (but not 100% sure) that Kaido and Yamato's plot will end in "happy ending" as in Yamato won't view her dad as bad as now anymore post Wano arc.
Thus imo the Zephyr part will play later. In Kaido's final moment, he will pull a Zephyr to save Luffy (whom he started to respect over time) and Yamato (his daughter) from the new threats. In Kaido's final moment, Yamato will not view him as antagonistic father anymore, at least not as bad as now.

And if she joins the crew, I just think about this earlier. During Blackbeard arc, she can actually fight Avalo Pizzaro, which turns out to be Kaido's former calamity. Pizzaro will badmouth Kaido his former captain and Yamato won't be happy about it and will face him.

S

Shepherd

The virgin Sanji hater: "Lanji best chance in this raid is Perospero, so that he could hope to win thanks to the fire advantage"

The average Wanji enjoyer: *sees Sanji lol diffing Mr. 700M YC3.5 Perospero just with the collateral damage of bitchslapping a 1.32B YC2 huge ass dinosaur with one single kick
Couldn't have said it better myself, Sanji not fighting King is easily made up for by Sanji accidentally clown-diffing the 700M Perospero, which easily closes any powergap between King and Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.