rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average worstgen fan: "This chapter showed characters that aren't my specific batch of favorites? Wow, fuck one piece, it's so bad, Oda must have suddenly become bad at storywriting after 1000 chapters. Fuck Oda, fuck One piece!"

Average One piece enjoyer: "Damn this chapter wasn't as cool as the others but it was pretty fun! The weak trio is finally moving towards some power ups with nami getting Zeus and Usopp getting some clout, We get even more insight into Kaido, which we have waited a long time for, now we get a definite statement that he has a reason for being in Wano, which might be related to Joyboy. Not to mention the fact that we get to see shocked reactions from the tobi roppo which is cool, and that we get a statement from Yamato that she will do everything she can to sail with the straw hats, even risking her life to stall for her future captain. Cool!"

One is a tension plot device and the other simply is not. That reasoning alone is worth it.
Plot device? Which one?

People like you seem to misunderstand that term, btw. "Plot device" isn't a bad thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/industrialscripts.com/plot-devices/amp/

https://screencraft.org/2019/11/28/17-plot-devices-you-can-use-to-elevate-your-story/

Which is why they are many elements of EVERY story. Tama has been a major part of Wano since the very beginning... where the Beast pirates start with torturing her to get use out of her powers. You're better off taking issue with Yamato, who came out of thin air with massive plot relevance. I like to think that in terms of function Luffy:Momo::Yamato:Tama though.

I'm guessing this was supposed to be a non serious comment but the difference between the two is the amount of buildup this arc has had, the amount of chapters it's been, and the current setup (Characters are actually being set up for 1v1s now, unlike before). There's a huge difference between those arcs

Don't be silly. Look at how the writer organizes his fights for the past 10 years. You think he's going to suddenly switch up? Build up isn't a thing. The build up is for the story, not the 1 v 1s and certainly not the structure.

You assume it's a non-serious comment? I assume yours must be a joke.

I mean Law Vs Vergo was set up as a climactic clash and later smoker. What did we get? The start of the fight. Some panels, and then the end.

Same with Kyros Vs Diamante. Zoro Vs Pica, and so on.

Even Zoro Vs Kamazo had the same issue albeit in one chapter (or 4 pages).

Plot device? Which one?

People like you seem misunderstand that term, btw. "Plot device" isn't a bad thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/industrialscripts.com/plot-devices/amp/

https://screencraft.org/2019/11/28/17-plot-devices-you-can-use-to-elevate-your-story/

Which is why they are many elements of EVERY story. Tama has been a major part of Wano since the very beginning... where the Beast pirates start with torturing her to get use out of her powers. You're better off taking issue with Yamato, who came out of thin air with massive plot relevance. I like to think that in terms of function Luffy:Momo::Yamato:Tama though.
This is correct, it has to be part of every plot

Average worstgen fan: "This chapter showed characters that aren't my specific batch of favorites? Wow, fuck one piece, it's so bad, Oda must have suddenly become bad at storywriting after 1000 chapters. Fuck Oda, fuck One piece!"

Average One piece enjoyer: "Damn this chapter wasn't as cool as the others but it was pretty fun! The weak trio is finally moving towards some power ups with nami getting Zeus and Usopp getting some clout, We get even more insight into Kaido, which we have waited a long time for, now we get a definite statement that he has a reason for being in Wano, which might be related to Joyboy. Not to mention the fact that we get to see shocked reactions from the tobi roppo which is cool, and that we get a statement from Yamato that she will do everything she can to sail with the straw hats, even risking her life to stall for her future captain. Cool!"
Usually the defend shit to try to make the criticize look not good. People make good criticize, if you have something to say quote them and don't talk from the side with a bullshit post. You have any room to argue against the criticize. And not coming with bullshit what you write above.

> Franky giving Sasaki a fight
> SASAKI MUST be weak

We saw Ulti Sasaki inferior, survive a attack from Big Mom. Franky defeating Sasaki is a big deal.
Keep being a power level andy and cope with your tier-lists.

To answer your question mid diff.
Ok lol but i
To answer your question mid diff.
Plainly disagree with the diff.
Franky can't touch Katakuri due to Fs,and we actually saw Katakuri handle some veterans and Jinbei all by himself at the tea party.

If King,Queen and Jack are really around Katakuri's level,then i don't see how Franky even gives them low mid diff.

Ulti has also been way more impressive than Sasaki,the guy who got tied on a tree(needed to be saved) and was shocked by Yamato's transformation.
Actually,Sasaki has done nothing this whole raid aside from talkimg shit.

Usually the defend shit to try to make the criticize look not good. People make good criticize, if you have something to say quote them and don't talk from the side with a bullshit post. You have any room to argue against the criticize. And not coming with bullshit what you write above.
I'm not gonna argue with like 20 people over everything I disagree on, I just wanted to make a general statement to show that I disagree with the majority of the takes on the chapter.
Post automatically merged:

Btw everyone, if the chapters lately seem to have a lot of unnecessary build up and/or cliffhangers. Do keep in mind that Oda would like to make the chapters 30 panels, but the publishing company doesn't grant him the time to do so. Japanese publishing companies are the reason your favorite mangas are releasing more mediocre chapters than necessary.

I'm not gonna argue with like 20 people over everything I disagree on, I just wanted to make a general statement to show that I disagree with the majority of the takes on the chapter.
Argue against me then, you don't need to argue with 20people. You statement is the usually " mimimi you guys hate One piece, mimimi the chapter was good, WoRsTgeN mEmberS".. yeah you argue like the twitter one piece defend force, idiots who just try to defend every shit. Alone the fact that you only write here because people call the chapter bad show how hard it must be for you if someone criticize Oda for a chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.