Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like "Oda didn't use next to any idea to make the fight different from Sasaki just flying and charging repeatedly nor made any usage of the elemments and traits he established with those characters and made sense to arise during their interaction".

Wasted potential is what you are capable of seeing when you can come up with good ideas too.
You're not really coming up with ideas specifically anyway, just variations on ideas that already exist. Like Sasaki's drinking, his DF, or its application.

All I can say though is personally, despite the implication of ancient Zoan stamina, I think we're better off with fights that only hit the panel for a chapter's worth of conclusion. There are way too many. I'd rather see other characters than more Sasaki attacks.

You're not really coming up with ideas specifically anyway, just variations on ideas that already exist. Like Sasaki's drinking, his DF, or its application.

All I can say though is personally, despite the implication of ancient Zoan stamina, I think we're better off with fights that only hit the panel for a chapter's worth of conclusion. There are way too many. I'd rather see other characters than more Sasaki attacks.
I'm coming up with ideas on how to use the elemments presented by Oda, since obviously I'm not going to just share anything that crosses my mind. Having an idea isn't just about coming up with something out of the blue, but proposing narrative usages for "Sasaki's drinking, his DF, or its application" (which is what Oda, as a writer, should do with the elemments he presents...).

It's all about not limiting a fight to Sasaki flying and charging, pretty much.

Cap. He trained with the fruit longer than he has been without the fruit. So this so called disadvantage is gone. No need bringing it up. Now that he has perfect control of said recoil he naturally has more speed and stamina because of said fruit. He is lighter. Which means he is faster. He is also rubber which means he can condense and increase his muscle for stronger attacks on impact. Because he is rubber bullets and regular impact punches not assisted by haki or some other means cannot affect him. His elasticity gives him reach he would under no normal circumstance acquire. So there is zero comparison to a luffy with a fruit and luffy that would be stripped of his fruit. He would literally drop 3 to 4 tiers lower becuase he would not have the speed, the longevity in battle, the endurance nor the destructive capabilities he would have if not assisted with the fruit. Advance ryo/futuresight/COC won't make up the difference since he Is fighting people that has these things while still being stronger than him at these categories while also having devil fruit abilities of their own.

If you strip luffy right now of his devil fruit he is getting defeated by sanji. He losses speed (no g2 or g4) plus his base speed decreases. He loses reach (and has zero long ranged attacks besides using his fruit), loses the ability to semi fly (because of g4), loses longevity and endurance (was enhanced by the gomu gomu no me as stated), loses destruction ability (no gear 3 assisted punches, no fast gattlimg punches or red hawk punches since his rubbery body with haki enables him to use it. Hell even regular gomu gomu luffys punches increase because of him applying hardening to his rubber body thay causes vulcanization as stated by raliegh).
Luffy mastered his fruit just like Zoro mastered his swords. The fruit is part of Luffy so he learnt to depend on his power. Thats like saying remove Zoro's swords, he can't do jackshit, which is actually true lol. Atleast Luffy can read future, have advanced coa and coc. if Luffy didn't have his fruit he would have learnt and devise other way to fight, Luffy getting fruit is just a plot.
At the end of the day Luffy is stronger than Zoro, even if by a fraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.