Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The theory was, that Kaido was trying to make himself the ultimate sacrfice for Nika, hence also his line about "men finding or becoming perfection in death" or something along those lines? What he said during the rooftop fight? Even if he isn't aware of Nika somehow or has this plan in mind, maybe King at least could be aiming to sacrifice Kaido somehow to appease Nika? The ultimate tribute in the strongest creature and warrior, Kaido?:kaimoji:
Would be fine and all if Nika isn't somehow referred to Luffy :seriously:

Otherwise I would dig that

I honestly wouldn't mind if Kaido was written more like that, but I still want an answer on how and why he came to Wano and why he decided to work with Orochi and have this alliance with him? It might be simpler than I think to be fair, also Orochi's DF might have impressed him given what we know about Kaido's preferences for DFs too ofc.
It's too late for him to be written like that now, we are way past 100 chapters, Oda tried to be more daring by trying to make him more complex, not a huge fan of that overall, he flip flops too much for me.

That would be such a massive waste of a first commander...unless he makes Izu join his sister(male) in the seventh circle of hell :suresure: . I really want to see a combined conquerors attack from Zoro, Luffy and Yamato but I think Zoro will deal with King first
I'm down either way either king will get his hype or he won't besides his race lol as far as zoros confrontation with king im down for that as well but at the same time i'd just as well prefer him to go back up top with his captain to put in work

Yeah that fight, Drake vs Apoo, Killer vs Hawkins are gonna get resolved in one page :pepemotion:
I feel like/hope that at least these fights will get the tobi roppo treatment since they involve the worst gen and not unimportant characters like Raizo and Fuku or, like weeman said, they wont get a resolution at all, wich is kinda better than it being offscreened I guess. Personally I expect that at least Hawkins will change sides and maybe join the fight against BM, Apoo is too far gone tho

I feel like/hope that at least these fights will get the tobi roppo treatment since they involve the worst gen and not unimportant characters like Raizo and Fuku or, like weeman said, they wont get a resolution at all, wich is kinda better than it being offscreened I guess. Personally I expect that at least Hawkins will change sides and maybe join the fight against BM, Apoo is too far gone tho
Apoo might actually change sides too there may have been some hints here and there of him doing so after what Queen did to him

G

Gorosei Informer

Would be fine and all if Nika isn't somehow referred to Luffy :seriously:

Otherwise I would dig that
Right? That's what i'm really worried about, especially with those parallels with Luffy at Skypeia and such too. Also Nika being mentioned and worshipped there too?

I've joked about and I've been really scared that Luffy is gonan be the "Pirate God/Jesus" of OP and it seems downright inevitable at this point. He was always getting wanked through the series but this is really getting ridiculous now. Not to mention who his father and grandfather are ofc and I dread to think if his mother was someone important like a Celestial Dragon and the legacy of his family and the D clan ofc in general too.

:lusalty::mihugh:

It's too late for him to be written like that now, we are way past 100 chapters, Oda tried to be more daring by trying to make him more complex, not a huge fan of that overall, he flip flops too much for me.
Yeah that has been my issue with him too. Big Mom has been so flip flop too by far and it's gotten even worse by far now. Kaido was meant to be suicidal and he's meant to be depressed and a heavy drinker, but that seems to be getting forgotten now. If we had more insight into why he's like that, I'd appreciate it. I suspect it's because he's really missing Oden ironically, as well as Whitebeard, Roger, Xebec etc, his former crew and captain and such.
But I'm hoping there's still a lot more to him than that, but it's not a lot of hope anymore now to be fair.

:lawsigh::doffycry:

I've honestly felt Oda's character writing pre TS was mostly better, but with still some great exceptions like Senor Pink, Fujitora, Doflamingo and Orochi and Kanjuro (but only for their backstories for Orochi and Kanjuro if anything. And I guess Orochi blowing up the bridges to screw everyone over. Ironically him setting up Kanjuro as a traitor to the Scabbards but was oblivious to Denjiro being a traitor to him for 20 years).

I noticed you mentioned Kuzan and Crocodile as some of your faves earlier there, I def gotta say they're some of my faves too! Very well written imo. I always loved how Toei handled Crocodile's defeat in the anime too with the "New World Symphony" and yet they ruined the defeat of Doflamingo ironically, "the New World Crocodile" and didn't even use that song for his defeat too!

This edit is so much better!:

:stealthblack::finally:

I love how the people in the comments for it and this video too are saying it would be perfect for Kaido's defeat though!:

That would actually be amazing to be fair!

:lumazed::cheers:

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Yeah thats a good point, he does remind me of Lucci somehow too. With the Enies Lobby vibes Onigashima has, Kaido being Lucci of the New World/Post TS (aside from the literal actual Lucci who is now active in CP0 extremely ironically ofc).

I honestly wouldn't mind if Kaido was written more like that, but I still want an answer on how and why he came to Wano and why he decided to work with Orochi and have this alliance with him? It might be simpler than I think to be fair, also Orochi's DF might have impressed him given what we know about Kaido's preferences for DFs too ofc.

I wouldn't mind a simple answer for that too, just for Oda to give us some kind of official/canonical explanation for what set up those two together. And why Kaido suddenly betrayed Orochi now and killed him too. After that moment, it made me wonder if Orochi somehow had leeway over Kaido and Kaido was infuriated and biding his time to betray and kill Orochi and thus get revenge and free himself from Orochi's grasp/blackmail over him?

Ironically Big Mom coming to Wano ended up a source of hope for Kaido, despite how they reacted to seeing each other again and her being there. Now he doesn't have to assumingly fear whatever Orochi had over him and on that note, since Orochi was doing deals with CP0 and thus the WG in secret, maybe Kaido was afraid of this and them somehow? Given his past experiennces of being captured, tortured and almost executed so many times?

:fullmom::memehm:

I've joked before that Kaido is actually "Kaido of the 100 PTSDs" instead, but given how many times he was apparently captured, tortured and almost executed, this might actually be true ironically? We've seen how truly horrific torture can be in OP from ironically Kaido's crew themselves (King was said to be a brutal torturer I think before and I can definitely see it in his character, we saw what the other Beast Pirates could do too ofc), the whole SMILE fruits thing as it affected the Ebisu residents, Killer, Toko etc, Impel Down especially ofc, Doflamingo's backstory and so on.

:pepemy::emohiyo:

I'm sure it was on here too, I recently saw someone theorise that Kaido and King believe in and look up to Nika the Sun God and Kaido's attitude actually correlates with that. it's similar to Vikings and Valhalla (I can definitely see the Elbaf warriors being like this) or the OP Shandian warriors I think, where they want to go out in a blaze of glory and make themselves literal worthy sacrifices to their gods, but in battle and bloodshed?

The theory was, that Kaido was trying to make himself the ultimate sacrfice for Nika, hence also his line about "men finding or becoming perfection in death" or something along those lines? What he said during the rooftop fight? Even if he isn't aware of Nika somehow or has this plan in mind, maybe King at least could be aiming to sacrifice Kaido somehow to appease Nika? The ultimate tribute in the strongest creature and warrior, Kaido?:kaimoji:

Does this make any sense? I'm paraphrasing what they said too from what I remember, but it's not completely accurate ofc.

:kaidowhat::zorothink:

I also thought ironically Zoro and Kaido would really get along given their love for fighting, masculinity, love of drinking and such.

:usosmug::luffylaugh::queenmoji:
That Kaido the ultimate sacrifice to Nika, by king, was my theory. :D
Nice someone remembers. I wanted to make a thread, forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.