Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A splendid Robin chapter. I did not imagine she would ever get a fight this good. Franky and Senor Pink sharing a drink is one of the best covers of them all, I only wish it was part of the main story.

Gigante Fleur: giant wacky inflatable arms girl. Robin and Black Maria treat us to a very creative fight given the versatility of their powers. Robin summons snake arms and a giant corpse (only good for getting beat up it seems) from the floor. Even if Maria sets it on fire, Robin could have just sprouted limbs on the roof, walls or directly on Maria's back. Too broken. Oda doesn't protect his girl like Nami and shows us Robin getting sliced, beaten, spitting blood and collapsing to add to the tension and struggle. Nice bit of smarts and technique at play too as Robin palms the roof like Sabo would a colosseum to bring down rubble, leading to a mid-battle flashback on what Robin picked up from the Revs.

Robin using palm heel thrusts like a martial artist the entire time. Her training with Sabo and Koala was right under our noses.
Black Maria is all woman, maybe an itsy bit spider given all those puns. She felt a quasi-Mythical Zoan the entire time with a half human/half Zoan form like Marco but with two heads, emitting hallucination mist, fingertip webs powerful enough to restrain Sanji, poison tip legs and a head that spits fire because why not. This spider couldn't match the raw physicality of the dinos having to put on a brass knuckle to pound Robin, but her endless trickery gave her a creative arsenal to challenge Robin at every turn. She met all my expectations of a minor female antagonist, I can see why Oda figured another Zoan transformation was unnecessary.

Can't say Robin didn't warn her.
Robin unleashes her inner Devil Child all grown up. In a battle where she was labeled a burden to her own crew, a mere tool to be sacrificed by other Strawhats like Sanji, reminded of her cursed existence through Ohara illusions, it's very fitting that Robin becomes the demon Black Maria was mocking. The menacing Hakuba-like shading, horns and bat wings look like the Hana Hana made a dark "Bat Flower" bloom this time. Robin spitting Maria's words back in her face using a submission hold with a leg choke to end it all was devastating. Robin may have picked up new martial arts recently, but she's first and foremost an expert grappler.

Brook as classy as ever, using a G-Cleft to finish the peanut gallery for his part. Given that every shot of Kunyun makes this Number look smaller than a typical giant, it's not too impressive and I hope Brook plays a key role in protecting Robin in her vulnerable state.

Gonna be real awkward pairing adult Momo with little Tama. Oda cuts to the chase as Caribou was brought in to feed Luffy and does exactly that. The cliffhanger is Momo putting in an odd request that Shinobu make him into a man. Pause. Turns out the Juku Juku only affecting the inanimate was apparently a mistranslation. Momo may desire a mature body to join the fight or simply have the strength to fly to Onigashima. Perhaps he's thinking something greater like countering Kaido's massive dragon clouds. Wouldn't mind seeing the badass pink dragon from Chapter 310 or adult Momo picking up Ame no Habakiri. If Momo really needs to return to a childish body post-Wano, the Scabbards can go on a cover story serial to find Jewelry Bonney.

Quite impressed with how each fight has been better than the last. I cannot wait to see what's in store for Kaido's commanders.
Adult momo will be paired with Yamato. Since in the momotaro legend he married the daughter of the oni

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Well, that’s not just the best fight of Onigashima so far, it’s one of my favourite fights in OP. I was very worried after Nami vs Ulti (and given the nature of Robin’s powers) that Oda would make another “fight” where we don’t actually see the girls hit each other. Great evolution of Robin as the demon child, now supporting her friends in battle after EL.

Brook was his usual great supporting self, with CP-0 looking to be the thing that keeps the Strawhats occupied once their fights are done, hopefully he can stand out on his own there.

As for adult Momo, kudos for those who predicted it. My gut instinct is that it won’t change that much (On Wano, at least, maybe big repercussions in 5e future)
-he’ll hold up Onigashima with his dragon powers. I expected this anyway, but it seems Oda wants to give him a boost to make him capable
-he should be the one to take down Orochi with Ame. That’s a change, I thought it would be Denjiro or Hiyori. That‘ll be payoff for all the training we’ve seen him do
-I don’t think he’ll do much, if anything, against Kaido. Hope not, anyway. Oda should be aware of making too cheap a power jump. Orochi is fodder, so that’s fine, but Kaido, should be beyond him. Although I can see a Father-Som Kamehameha like sword attack on Kaido’s scar where Kaido’s Oden PTSD acts like Mother Carmel’s picture and allows Momo to hurt him
-I said “take down“ Orochi and not “kill” for a reason. If he’s still mentally the same, I can’t see Oda let a child, even a child in an adults body, kill anyone.

Bigger discussion point is it adding something interesting for the next Strawhat discussion. Again, I don’t think it will change much- Momo wants to be Shogun, Yamato wants to go to sea with Luffy. Momo’s story this arc seems to be leading to him becoming a man in his own right, living up to hisnfather’s legacy and making his own choice, to stay on Wano as Shogun (which Oden never actually achieved).

But I certainly can’t ignore the possibility that Momo feels the need to go with Luffy to Laugh Tale, like his father did, to be the true Shogun. I don’t think it will happen, but it’s there. In which case, Yamato will only be going on one trip, because there aren’t going to be two Strawhats based on the one Wano plot.

An aged up Tama would also put the cat among the pigeons.

Very satisfied with Robin’s fight. I pretty much believe it’s CoA, because previously Black Maria able to hurt Robin by hurting her gigantic limbs. That’s why in last resort, Robin finally coated her gigantic limbs with haki. But since Robin hasn’t mastered her haki yet, she got exhausted pretty quickly, draining her energy as she claimed “I overdid it”. And with Robin apparently has haki, my theory about Robin’s awakening might involve her absorbing enemy’s energy (like how flowers absorb nutrients from soil) may possibly become true. She can absorb enemy’s energy / life force so she can sustain using haki for longer period of time.

overall 10/10 chapter for me (as a huge Robin fan), and Oda finally gave Robin a massive upgrade with 3 new techniques at one chapter.

That Marys looking at Robin clearly wasn't added so that Bao Huang announce Flying Six Defeats
It's obvious that CP-0 were informed about the Conclusion of that Fight
It's highly possible they will make a move very soon

In my opinion one of them will stay in that Room to stay informed thanks to that Marys Woman
While other Two split to go catch Robin & make sure WsW is done for

As for who fights them or at least stops them, i believe Drake being Part of SWORD is clearly an Enemy of CP-0
So once he spots one of them, he will stop fighting Apoo & go after One of CP-0 (Most probably the one going after WsW)
Especially since Izo & Kawamatsu are now in Ground Floor & they can keep Apoo busy

As for Second CP-0, i think Usopp might spot him, simply because he saw them before, cuz all Wano Samurai & most SHs never saw CP-0 before, for example i doubt Zoro even knows CP-0 exists, but we saw in Dressrosa that Usopp saw them & Robin told him they are CP-0 (He actually saw the same Members who are present in Wano). So i'd say Usopp will spot the one going after Robin & he will follow (I'm sure, he will instantly figure out that He is after Robin, or at least Nami says that)

It's also strange to me that Momonosuke knows Juke Juke No Mi can make you Older, this suggests he saw it being used before
I wonder who is actually Younger than they seem

Anyway, i expect that Next Chapter, we will switch to Inurashi vs Jack

Thank you @Garp the Fist :blush:

It's a good chapter, seeing Robin fight properly for once was great. Poor Brook, he didn't even get a double page against those fodder :josad:
Momo finally deciding to help in the war is something i was waiting for.

I hate Luffy, who cares about what he eats or how much:whitepress:

That’s a very good fight I must say….

also, one extra thing to add for the RobinxJinbe shipping Lmao
I can see people talking about it hhhhh

I would like to see Momo’s adult form… if he’s gonna look buffed like his dad or not…
This may truly turn him into a much bigger candidate for SHs than ever…

This will allow him to have a childish persona for the SH dynamic, yet look grown up and decently strong for the crew… maybe follow up after Zoro and learn from him along the journey…

Status
Not open for further replies.