Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it looks more like shading; no metalic style on the black shading. However, some limps were white but suddenly turned black after attacking Black Maria, I don't really understand this artistic choice.
It's just Oda forgot to draw it in the first panels or he wanted to wait to show her full appereance in order to add the black shading style.

Robin not knowing Haki is as stupid as secret government assassins trained since their childhood not knowing Haki.
She know what it is, obviously, but apparently she can't use it for now.

Yep, it looks more like shading; no metalic style on the black shading. However, some limps were white but suddenly turned black after attacking Black Maria, I don't really understand this artistic choice.
The entire thing felt hella weird. I think Oda had no idea what to do as finisher (despite literally having the answer, mix of Sabo and Koala martial arts with giant limbs) and came up with this last minute to fit the Demon Child thing.
Post automatically merged:

It's just Oda forgot to draw it in the first panels or he wanted to wait to show her full appereance in order to add the black shading style.

She know what it is, obviously, but apparently she can't use it for now.
Obviously i mean not knowing how to use it.

The entire thing felt hella weird. I think Oda had no idea what to do as finisher (despite literally having the answer, mix of Sabo and Koala martial arts with giant limbs) and came up with this last minute to fit the Demon Child thing.

The Koala and Sabo thing was just to save herself, it has nothing to do with the finisher

Well, I don't really understand this new form if it's not Haki related, for what purpose did Oda give her this form exactly? Okay, an artistic look to portray her new form demonic but the exact ability of this mode isn't still clear.
Also, the flashback was related to the previous attack, not her new Demonio Fleur.

Well the mix of Sabo/Koala training was used when she broke the ceiling.

The grappling technique it's her own style, which is consistent because she used clutch a lot of times before.

Well, I don't really understand this new form if it's not Haki related, for what purpose did Oda give her this form exactly? Okay, an artistic look to portray her new form demonic but the exact ability of this mode isn't still clear.
Also, the flashback was related to the previous attack, not her new Demonio Fleur.

It is simple, it's just like a bigger "Robin" that fight for her. It's really simple there are no unkown powers, it's just her fruit.

Your points make zero sense. A devil fruit user can use his ability under water, they are just weakend but they can use it. Robin did not use any haki. Sabo and Koala did not even mention it.
at this point then Luffy should be able to at least stretch his arm while he was being submerged after Kaido beat him. If that’s the case then Robin is stronger than Luffy, that she can use her limbs in a very deep sea

it’s called logical reason, if you can comprehend what I meant anyway which I assume you can’t, sadly.
I have a degree in philosophy. If you want to argue using "logical reason", that's not how you do it. Not that "logical reason" even makes any sense as a grammatical concept.

Also, don't confuse yourself. Nothing you said was hard to understand. It just didn't follow. That said, if you're such an expert at logic and reasoning, please rephrase your argument in the Modus Ponens form which is pretty easy to follow. For an expert like you, that shouldn't be too hard, right?

at this point then Luffy should be able to at least stretch his arm while he was being submerged after Kaido beat him. If that’s the case then Robin is stronger than Luffy, that she can use her limbs in a very deep sea
Luffy stretched his body back in arlong park under the water. Don't you remember?

He was weakened by the fight with kaido, so he wasn't in shape to do shit.

G

Gorosei Informer

Exactly. That’s why I said if Robin has never shown haki and finally shows it here, it makes a lot of sense. Because it’s a one-shot skill. So far Robin hasn’t fought formidable opponents post-timeskip, because she feels she doesn’t need to. Not to mention it’s more reasonable to use haki, as Black Maria hurt Robin multiple time in the same chapter. It’s like Robin used haki to stop making Black Maria countering her. If it’s not haki, then why in the small page the grown leg is not black, but in the next Grand Jacuzzi Clutch page is black?

Dunno but I find it hilarious if people don’t want Robin to get a proper power-ups while Robin’s DF is one of the most effective Paramecia. It’s like people want Robin & Nami keep being damsel-in-distress and need Monster Trio + Jinbe to protect them.
Well said, I completely agree. I've had some time to think about this situation and as well as coming to the same conclusions you did, I realised that Oda is trying to make haki a situational thing, rather than having it be the default system and showcasing it all the time. I was scared he was gonna turn OP into another DBZ with Haki alone, (Queen of the DinosSaiyans: "Apoo, what does the Scouter say about his Haki level?") and thus all fights end up boiling down to "how strong your haki level is".

It's like Zoro not using Asura up to to this point. Hell I'm wondering why Sanji hasn't used Hell's Memories again or why he didn't use Armanent vs Vergo, but here we are. I think what would help fix things is that Oda shows the SHs making some haki blooms, some haki growth even if it's small/subtle from the beginning of the post TS.

I see so much downplaying of Robin in the community and it saddens me, I've seen Nami fans attacking her even since the Oro Jackson days and then it sparks a feud like Zoro fans vs Sanji fans too.

It does bother me that she didn't showcase Haki all this time and thus didn't use it before but as you said, Maria was brutally beating Robin and forcing her to go all out, Robin was having a "real fight", a struggle or whatever. It does make it much more special on impact for us when SHs get major fights and moments like this as opposed to them using haki all the time.

Ironically, part of the reason why this moment is so significant is that it has been literally almost 20 years since Robin truly got an all out fight and struggled like this vs someone alone. When Oda actually didn't intentionally avoid her facing these situations. I've been waiting for her to SNAP and CLUTCH even after that whole hellish ordeal of Enies Lobby and Water 7 and then Thriller Bark's ending and the Sabaody incident and timeskip, so this is the most wonderful payoff for that imo.

I know it's really frustrating we had to wait so damned long for this, but one on hand I can appreciate and understand why we waited so long for this and thus the emotional and narrative impact of it or whatever but on the other hand, it really is frustrating still regardless ofc.

This is not a dig at you btw ofc but I was gonna say seperately to this, I was wishing for people to talk a lot more about Robin prior to this chapeter and when the spoilers were out BUT I really pulled a Monkey's Paw scenario, because people are talking a LOT more about Robin now instead of the usual Batman vs Superman I mean who shot first Han or Greedo, I mean which sports team is better no wait sorry I actually mean on whether Robin actually has Haki and why she hasn't used it all this time. The criticisms are 100% valid and I've completly agreed with them and said them myself too ofc, including just above but I wanted to see more people just celebrating Robin's triumphs, her success here, praising her and Oda and enjoying and loving how truly fucking amazing and badass she is here!

Instead of that, I've seen people being mad about the new "Devil form" when the Strawhats have been associated with Hell, Demons, Devils and they are DEVIL FRUIT users too, which just adds to it ofc! Given what Robin has been through nearly her entire life, this is completely thematically fitting for her too!

But NOOOOOOO as you said so succintly, people just want to downplay her and heave them play 2nd fiddle to other Straw Hats and be supports and needing saving and help in fights from other SHs as you said exactly, sigh. Nami vs Miss Doublefinger is still one of the most RAW, brutal, savage fights, especially since it was for Nami solo, "Miss Weakest Trio member", "just a frail navigator and support", BITCH, have people NOT SEEN Nami's backstory!? She's been through HELL too and from childhood as well! Nami and Robin are amazingly strong and badass and I wish Oda would give Nami the same respect he just did to Robin here!
I've really been disappointed with how he's written Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Usopp post TS and formerly Robin until this chapter especially now ofc.

Anyway, enough ranting and rambling, because God Usopp/Enel/Gaimon/Urouge/Buggy etc knows I can and will keep going LOL! The temptation is real, but I know I've subjugated y'all to way too much of this already, especially recently! But alas, having so much passion is difficult to restrain too!

Oh wait one last point before I forget! As I meant to refer to when I mentioned Nami and her fight with Double Finger and compare her to Robin, I was seriously expecting another Double Finger type fight with Nami and Ulti, the perfect matchup and personality of Ulti for it! BUT NOOOOOOO ODA! Despite how much you LOVE Nami including marrying a literal Nami cosplayer, this is how you treat someone you "love and respect"? GTFO ODA!

:lulz::neesama:

It may be logical, but she has no haki, just accept it. Even Maria didn’t show haki, because fighters of the level of Maria and Robin don’t need haki.
she will have haki, even Usopp one of the weak trio has CoO and nobody has ever protested about it. Can’t you see that Black Maria counters Robin easily? Why in Robin’s case nobody wants her to have haki?

Status
Not open for further replies.