Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that irrelevant when the statement if taken at face value covers Law , Kidd and co?

If that is the case then you'd have to put Sanji above Marco also and other new gen above previous gen. But that's not how it works. New gen don't get put above old gen because of one statement.

My only issue is reliance on such hype statements as powerscaling when feats and portrayal don't follow.
Jinbei's best feats are against Big Mom and Akainu....not any Yc3
Because Marco does not care about them, it´s really not that hard to understand.
Marco is in Wa No for two reasons
1) All the Wa No, Oden and minks backstory
2) Support Ace´s brother, Luffy and his crew, and make sure they rise to the occasion.
Law and Kid do not factor in either, even if their goal aligns.

He says it to King and Queen, the commanders of Beast Pirates.
Their counterparts from the new generation is overtaking the old generation in the respective equivalent.
When Luffy said to Crocodile "i will surpass you" it also did not mean he is surpassing every Shichibukai.
The rising stars, equivalent of commanders in the Strawhats, are overtaking the all stars of Beast Pirates.
The argument of new and old obviously relies on the context of who is implied in the statement.
Apoo is also part of the new generation, he ain´t overtaking nobody.

And both are defensive feats, which admittedly does not get enough recognition around here.
But his decisive feat, something that played out to the end and not only one scene or two, was matching Ace for 5 days.
And that Ace was a pirate for approx 3 years already.

king probably has ties and plot connections to impel down. can be fleshed out as lore when the fight is about to end or we get the history of his race.

queen looks like a mix between obelix and heart from the first of north star who's been given a mad scientist with WMD twist.

the more generic design is pretty obvious to me.
"Ties and plot connections to Impel Down" won't make King's design less uninspired, especially considering that, if that was the case, Oda would have even repeated the symbol change he already made with Shiliew in order to corrupt his uniform.

Queen, while not outstanding either, doesn't hit so many common places and builds a solid aesthetic with visual rhymes, a possible metonymic play with bees, creative weapons and entertaining implementations of his cyborg parts, plus great integration of a fruit that seemed boring at first.

In my opinion, King would have been way more interesting as a design with better references to torture devices, which I suspect Oda was going for but failed a bit (I could be mistaken, though) since King has some spikes, has some rivet-like buttons, but doesn't remind enough to things that would have fit perfectly such as the brazen bull (especially for the idea of containing fire) or the iron maiden.

Where this train of thought seems to shine the most is at his mask, since it's clearly inspired by medieval shame masks such as this one:

Obviously I get the whole torture, BDSM, leather suit reference, but I don't know, King has always felt like his design is over the place, with some details that are obviously there and some ideas that Oda seemed to go after but never hit the spot as good as he could have.

Both their Body design look like what i mentioned, Queen with skinny legs and fat top almost looks like Burgess same with Jack and Hody, While King has a unique design just like almost all YC1 we have seen t'ill now
Burgess is a mass of muscle, Queen is a mass of fat to the point he lacks a neck, while Jack is almost a square as fitting his tanky character. They aren't alike.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Y'all ever noticed how all YC1s have cool designs?
and how all the yc2s are either goofy, thick or incompetent or a mixture of those traits?

queen - fat, goofy and an incompetent fool who single handedly started evening the numbers b/w the alliance and beast pirates.
jozu - pretty bulky dude but was super goofy in the oden flashback. incompetent as in he did not have a good showing against aokiji the way marco handled kizaru.
smoothie - she's thicc in another way xD. again the definition of incompetence.
lucky rou - he's fairly competent from what little we've seen of him. again fat and goofy.
burgess - bulky, goofy and stupid enough to be the blackbeard pirates punching bag at multiple instances (garp, sabo).

:kawak: This was Bandana Zoro so no holding back and he couldn’t one shot King with a neck slash
:steef:
I warn everyone to wait,every Yc1 has something unique and special. People call King Ling, say he beeing trash and a fodder to Kata or Marco,I said wait for his feats. And now look, he endure a strong slash of Zoro. And that is just the begin!!
Same for Marco, he will shine at the rooftop too. All 3 Yc1 so far are my favourites, all have something special. I think like Senti all 3 stand to each other, one slighty stronger the another weaker but overall all 3 are monsters on their own.

Robin: Sanji is one of the wings of the pirate king(with the obvious other one being Zoro)

Zoro and Sanji this chapter: Luffy will be the pirate king while attacking Kaido's top 2 strongest

Marco: Sanji and Zoro are the rising stars of the crew

Fandom: we don't know what Oda meant by this

:josad:
And what not surprise me,Geo is one of them and then he ask me why I think that he hate Sanji,someone who don't wanna accept that Sanji get stronger.
:suresure:

facts. katakuri was taking punishment from pre wano g4 hits. king still seems to be fresh after fighting marco for a pretty long time.
Well, Katakuri is the more evasive type, so he usually avoids to take hits in the first place.
Luffy had to learn the tools to defeat Katakuri but it was crystal clear that Luffy still wasn't as strong as Katakuri, let alone surpassing him. Then there's King who would EASILY handle 2 G4th rounds even if Bound Man happens to pummel him.

King took a lot of punishment for hours and he's still fricking fresh, that's insane.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Jinbe might be more impressive defensively but i don´t know if he can match Zoan strength + lasers + all the viruses/poison offensively.
I think it depends on the location too. He needs water to perform his stronger techniques, which is a weakness that Sanji and other Yonko Commander caliber charactes don't have.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Well, Katakuri is the more evasive type, so he usually avoids to take hits in the first place.
Luffy had to learn the tools to defeat Katakuri but it was crystal clear that Luffy still wasn't as strong as Katakuri, let alone surpassing him. Then there's King who would EASILY handle 2 G4th rounds even if Bound Man happens to pummel him.

King took a lot of punishment for hours and he's still fricking fresh, that's insane.
exactly. katakuri developed FS to avoid getting hit so as to counter his weak endurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.