Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great chapter, art on point throughout, not a page wasted, very much a “the end starts now” feel to it. And brought back some plotpoints that have been dangling for about seventy chapters now.

And Vivi on the cover reminding everyone why she is best girl

King, after floating around in the background for donkeys years, suddenly getting revealed to have a background of EoS connections? Lunarians (hey it’s Golbez from FFIV) being “gods” from the moon? Where they displaced to God’s Valley when the Celestial Dragons took over? Is that where Kaido met him? Did Rocks or the World Gov commit genocide there on his people? Is it King who told Kaido about Joy Boy (I assumed previously it would be Rocks)? How much did Whitebeard tell Marco about the past Roger told him? Many, many questions

Sanji obviously getting his Vinsmoke upgrade to exoskeleton, I’m not so pleased about, but I’ve accepted that terrible plotline is just going ti be how he is from now on and he’s Kamen Rider, so it is what it is. Banter with Zoro was good though.

Queen is still a delight. Stupid bug head floating up and down in the background lol.

So King’s fighting style is that he has no style? First time we’ve seen a swordcatcher in the series that I can remember- also can’t remember the last time Zoro really used the sword in his mouth.

And that’s the Shimotsuki connection confirmed. From the information we have, Ushimaru isn’t Zoro’s father- but Kozaburo is certain to be his grandfather. Zoro was basically said to be descended from someone on the boat that left 50 odd years ago, Ushimaru died on Wano 20 years ago. Plus there’s the question of where Zoro got his non-Wano name. Right now I’d guess that Kozaburo had three kids- Ushimaru on Wano, then Koshiro and Zoro’s mother when he went to East Blue. Zoro’s mother then marries a Roronoa and that’s where we get Zoro.

And Ryuma, basically confirmed to be Zoro’s direct ancestor who was also a one-eyed swordsman (lol, did Mihawk cut Zoro’s eye just to fit the aesthetic?) Wonder where that’s going, eh?

Jack’s hybrid looks… odd, is that four legs I see? Anyone still doubting that Inu will beat him? Might end up taking each other out with Inu’s talk of sacrifice, but it should definitely be him.

On the other hand, Perospero is about to get his ass royally kicked, don’t think he’ll be putting up much of a fight.

The flashback to Punk Hazard with Momo was a nice touch.

That’s us near the end of what will be Volume 101, 102 should finish off the non-Yonko fights, 103 the Raid, 104 Wano, ending about the ~1050 mark. Still not sure how much Oda will actually show off Perospero, Fukurokujo, Hawkins and Apoo’s (where the fuck has he and Drake went?) fights. I think all of them except Fukurokujo might get proper fights, but that’ll take a good bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.