Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Holy fuck Oda's a mad man with this reveal

Sanji has been fighting nerfed this whole Raid:crazwhat:

It's obvious that this will eventually lead to a power up, but as his body is going through these sudden changes even Zoro notices that the process of getting there is messing with Sanji, because of how weird his body feels as this is going on :crazwhat:

All of this time we've seen a tired Sanji who took no breaks, fighting without the Raid Suit, and even being nerfed on top of that because of the transformative effects of the Raid Suit on his lineage factor:crazwhat:
Yeah and then pigs fly.

You can't nerf someone who is weak.

Sanji just felt strange tickles and got Okama training PTSD.

was just thinking about the germa kids... how much of MADS is showing up in them?

ichiji - lasers - kizaru's df, vegapunk's experiments
niji - electricity - mink dna, judge's research on cloning and lineage factor
yonji - cyborg - queen's cybernetics
reiju - poison - caesar's chemical weapons research
sanji - flames - king's race dna? kaido volunteering his commander for experiments?

all of sanji's family appear to be products of Judge using all his old MADS research and cribbing from all his colleagues.

RIP Big Tongue... Neko end this candy trash fr this time. suicide bomber Pedro watching

Inu vs Jack is looking good so far. Dog is taking the dub.

Where are the people saying Sanji some God? Lol yall still sure about that? He's a android

Zoro is telling the dummies in the back, Zoro is not done after King. :goyea: Can't afford to lose here... why zoro? :kayneshrug:I hate dragons

Great chapter, art on point throughout, not a page wasted, very much a “the end starts now” feel to it. And brought back some plotpoints that have been dangling for about seventy chapters now.

And Vivi on the cover reminding everyone why she is best girl

King, after floating around in the background for donkeys years, suddenly getting revealed to have a background of EoS connections? Lunarians (hey it’s Golbez from FFIV) being “gods” from the moon? Where they displaced to God’s Valley when the Celestial Dragons took over? Is that where Kaido met him? Did Rocks or the World Gov commit genocide there on his people? Is it King who told Kaido about Joy Boy (I assumed previously it would be Rocks)? How much did Whitebeard tell Marco about the past Roger told him? Many, many questions

Sanji obviously getting his Vinsmoke upgrade to exoskeleton, I’m not so pleased about, but I’ve accepted that terrible plotline is just going ti be how he is from now on and he’s Kamen Rider, so it is what it is. Banter with Zoro was good though.

Queen is still a delight. Stupid bug head floating up and down in the background lol.

So King’s fighting style is that he has no style? First time we’ve seen a swordcatcher in the series that I can remember- also can’t remember the last time Zoro really used the sword in his mouth.

And that’s the Shimotsuki connection confirmed. From the information we have, Ushimaru isn’t Zoro’s father- but Kozaburo is certain to be his grandfather. Zoro was basically said to be descended from someone on the boat that left 50 odd years ago, Ushimaru died on Wano 20 years ago. Plus there’s the question of where Zoro got his non-Wano name. Right now I’d guess that Kozaburo had three kids- Ushimaru on Wano, then Koshiro and Zoro’s mother when he went to East Blue. Zoro’s mother then marries a Roronoa and that’s where we get Zoro.

And Ryuma, basically confirmed to be Zoro’s direct ancestor who was also a one-eyed swordsman (lol, did Mihawk cut Zoro’s eye just to fit the aesthetic?) Wonder where that’s going, eh?

Jack’s hybrid looks… odd, is that four legs I see? Anyone still doubting that Inu will beat him? Might end up taking each other out with Inu’s talk of sacrifice, but it should definitely be him.

On the other hand, Perospero is about to get his ass royally kicked, don’t think he’ll be putting up much of a fight.

The flashback to Punk Hazard with Momo was a nice touch.

That’s us near the end of what will be Volume 101, 102 should finish off the non-Yonko fights, 103 the Raid, 104 Wano, ending about the ~1050 mark. Still not sure how much Oda will actually show off Perospero, Fukurokujo, Hawkins and Apoo’s (where the fuck has he and Drake went?) fights. I think all of them except Fukurokujo might get proper fights, but that’ll take a good bit of time.
I would argue that Sanji story wise had no real way to compete with Zoro post-timeskip without the eksoskeleton upgrade we are about to see simply because Ivankov even though a high ranked officer in the RA had no real combat influence on Sanji while Mihawk on Zoro clearly did. Only way to boost Sanji to a place where they are close to equal would be to bring an outside believeable-ish power spike.
In addition your assessment of Wano’s ending is interesting, I have this feeling that Wano has quite abit more content left for us because we are entering the endgame. I have this premonition/educated guess that we are getting set up for the next arcs soon instead of following the formula of island sailing around until reaching the ‘main plot line’. Now that Kaido is going to be taken down (something that was set up since Punk Hazard) the Strawhats are going to be needing a new main objective to pursue which is definitely going to be set up while we are in Wano. Something big is coming, endgame is here :cheers:

This chapter was damn great. The first part of the colorspread looks great. Zoro vs King is going to be an excellent fight (also officially goodnight “ZKK” and good riddance), and the long suspected Zoro - Shimotsuki connection finally starting to get focus is awesome. Marco’s interaction with Izo was pretty funny, and I hope Marco has more information from Whitebeard on other topics, it’s a good way to go about worldbuilding.

Also, my man Neko’s Sulong looks amazing, can’t wait to see him slaughter Perospero, and Jack is in a tough spot with Inu. And it looks like the raid suit is about to be revealed as having augmented Sanji’s body while he wore it those two times, so it should be interesting to see how it was done.

Best of all, Luffy’s about to show up and fight Kaido.

The next few chapters are going to be really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.