Is TACy a she or a he?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought he would replace sanji in the m3 with jinbe especially after jinbe did replace sanji in the group shot,but that's not happening if Yamato joins she will be put behind sanji immediately
It can go either way. We need to wait. I’m sure Sanji will not lose his important role within the crew but Yamato could push Sanji to the fourth place regarding strength.
Sanji is Luffy’s Gaban and this won’t change

I will look into his writings.
what do you think about shanks being a celestial dragon theory???
I'm not 100% convinced just yet but I can totally see that idea of him being Rock's son and maybe a Tenryuubito mother. What we don't know is the timeline of God Valley. How long was Rocks there? What was he doing there? What for? Shanks is a year older than the event that took place, and Roger did make a snarky comment about it being a while since he held a baby when he held Momo.

I think the manga is trying to point out the difference between blood and inherited will. For example Ace was the blood son of Roger, however Luffy is his inherited will, with far similar mannerisms to him. We "might" be able to apply this concept to Blackbeard and Shanks, with Shanks being his blood son, while Blackbeard is his inherited will, with many of the described chaotic mannerisms Rocks had being very similar to Blackbeard. Even his ship is named after Xebec.

I think Rocks wasn't just introduced to tie Big Mom and Kaido together, rather it was done to further characterize all 4 Yonko in the end. Anyway, just an idea, not sure if it'll play out that way

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Bro it was explained all you needed to hurt kaido was ryou. If you can cut something you can scar it.

Unless you're implying all the scabbards have coc?

Fucking idiot
The scabbards didn't fucking scar him you fucking clown
Kaidos been cut loads and only ever had 2 scars

How the fuck do these window licker even manage to register for this site

The scabbards didn't fucking scar him you fucking clown
Kaidos been cut loads and only ever had 2 scars

How the fuck do these window licker even manage to register for this site
Never said the scabbards scarred him fool. I said if you can cut him you can scar him. Just gotta have the strength behind it.

Your reading comprehension skills are remarkably abhorrent.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Never said the scabbards scarred him fool. I said if you can cut him you can scar him. Just gotta have the strength behind it.

Your reading comprehension skills are remarkably abhorrent.
No you can't.
You can only do permanent damage if you use coc

Which is why all the ryou cuts haven't scarred him

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I think "snitch" is just a pretty poor adjective to describe what a lot of people might think is going on with Shanks. When 907 happened, I didn't think Shanks was part of the WG, I thought there is just simply a lot more complicated depth when it comes to his character.

Shanks is by far the oldest character in the series save for Luffy. With the few breadcrumbs left by the series regarding his character and possible direction, you CAN interpret his character to be far more menacing than initially entailed.

@ArturCantSpeakJapanese has a pretty good writup on this, but there is a decent enough reason to believe that Shanks may be the true leader of the Underworld. Think about things that tie the other Yonko together. They've all been described as mob bosses in their own way, controlling a syndicate that networks it's way around the new world. BM controls islands outside of Totland via her "protection", in payment for sweets and food. Kaido ran the smile and weapons business with Doflamingo and has taken over Wano. Blackbeard is an all controlling tyrant who turned on Whitebeards protection status to pillage those islands for everything they had (see Chapter 904 with the Revo commanders)

So where does that leave Shanks? A man who's past is unknown? A man who's motivation to meet Luffy is unknown? A man who's reasoning for meeting the Gorosei is unknown? What "trait" of control does he carry? Clearly he uses his symbol for peace (see Barto's cover story where he burned his flag lol), but at what cost? Shanks is very clearly a violent person. He took Kid's arm off like it was nothing. Sure he's stopped Kaido and Blackbeard, but that doesn't require him to be all good. Luffy has 100% the intention to beat him, but in what capacity?

3 interesting things I'll leave from @ArturCantSpeakJapanese 's points that are easy to understand why this might be the case:

- Shanks' bounty is a direct reference to Oicho-Kabu, a card game mainly played by Yakuza in history
- Shanks has only ever been referred to as Kashira or Boss, and not once as Captain. This is a direct Yakuza reference
- Yakuza typically bet on their fingers when they lose/make bets and have nothing to give for it. Shanks "bet" his entire arm on Luffy. For what purpose?

There is a strong reason to believe that what Shanks wants from Luffy isn't what Luffy wants. And THAT might be where the antagonism comes into play. It's not that Shanks is inherently bad, his goals might actually be really good/noble, but its the method of how he does things (secretly) that may spell out danger for the crew. His secret meeting with the Gorosei about 1 pirate is already an application of this idea, otherwise there would have been virtually no reason for Oda to draw it.
Hey, suck fish 🐠

If Queen was fighting Luffy, I am willing to bet, he woulda pulled out ultra future sight. All of a sudden, he turns into a jobber who can't even push Sanji to use his RS after 4 chapters:whitepress:
Thins like this happens... to hype other character... like sanji got his bone broke from vergo.. vergo got hyped up and got cut into pieces later... and someone like smoker could block his kicks later easily... where as somehow people like GRAND LINE REVIEW [Someone on youtube] Think jimbe and Vergo is stronger than Sanji... i like his content but hate he do this just for some personal reasons cause ofc its pertty super clear where sanji stands

-Luffy... Did you really believe I let you eat the rubber fruit without paying a price for it in the end?
-Did you honestly believe a lowly fishman like Arlong could just payoff the marines? That Don Krieg would just coincidentally meet my friend Mihawk? That Buggy would stay in the East Blue even though he could come back to me anytime for no reason?
-Did you really believe that me appearing at Marineford just after Ace and Whitebeard died was a coincidence?

Think before you talk to me!!!

Shanks is the new Aizen XD

But more seriously I think its less complicated than that. Shanks placed a "bet" on Luffy (his arm), that he would accomplish the thing Roger wanted to do (PK; Luffy's secret dream). That part is clear I think, and makes sense. What isn't clear is if Shanks wants Luffy to reach the same solution as Roger's crew did to clearly fight back against the WG. That's an AFTER Laugh Tale goal. What is his motivation? Goals? He didn't go to Laugh Tale. He doesn't know the secrets of the void century/WG anymore than Luffy does, aka he doesn't know what the WG did and why they need to be taken out.

But someone like Rayleigh gets hunted for years, while Shanks is welcomed secretly with the Gorosei, yet both were Roger pirates. Is it because Shanks doesn't know the true history? If Shanks wanted Luffy to succeed in taking down the WG and becoming PK, you'd think he wouldn't be meeting with them.

But maybe he does, and his goal is far different from even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.