Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, just because something makes sense doesn’t mean it’s fulfilling or satisfying. Also, it’s not just Jack that’s causing my enjoyment to wane, it’s the fact that Jack is the latest in a series of antagonists to be disappointing.

Page One, Ulti, Who’s Who, Black Maria, and Sasaki were all so underwhelming that 90% of the community didn’t believe they actually got defeated.

Now Perospero and Jack are joining the ranks.

If the trend continues, and ALL of the beast pirate executives get treated like this it’ll be a pretty big problem.

If KAIDO or BIG MOM get treated like this then it’s pretty undeniably story breaking
We'll just have to disagree there as I believe most of the flying six members were done justice. To me it was obvious that none of those members would play a major part in the war and so I knew they'd be the battles for the weaker straw hats. To me they were the equivalent of the numbers that fought the straw hats in baroque works. Number 4 and that mole lady, miss prickly that fought nami, etc... Those numbers were strong, yes, but they weren't no Mr. 1 or Crocodile. In that arc Oda had the straw hats take them out in one chapter portions, similar to what he's doing now but the way Oda is giving them justice this time around is showing how they've been fighting on in the background for chapters while events were going on around them. I expected Jimbei to treat Who's Who the way he did given his portrayal, I could go on. Only flying six I was dissatisfied with was Page one, but you could argue Oda did him justice because he had big mom take him out so Usopp wouldn't have to.

What it comes down to is a difference of opinions, if you thought the flying six were as strong as I thought they were, I'd wager you wouldn't have a problem with how they were treated

Last edited:
Luffy and Yamato don't have the means to mark Kaido, the damage is all internal, it's blunt damage. In the last chapters Luffy was beating Kaido with CoC, throwing him to the ground, drawing liters of blood, all the damage is internal. Just like Yamato hurt Kaido with Thunder Bagua.

Zoro's feats are substantial, what do I mean by that? he didn't block the Hakai, he stopped for 1 second and was taken out of the attack so he wouldn't die. (See the difference from what you said?) Zoro cut Kaido, nice. But the damage didn't even knock him down or was it something like Oden traumatized him, it was damage ignored by Kaido, he just went on fighting.
You don't get it. It's not about scarring Kaido, it's about called him a significant amount of damage with an attack. Scarring it's just the results of a cutting attack causing Kaido a significant amount of damage. If Oda one of us to know that Luffy or Yamato caused Kakdo a significant amount of damage with their attacks that cause internal damage then he would have let us know. Just like he did with Doffy after he was hit with gamma knife.

So you can't use the "internal attacks don't leave external scars" excuse. Even when Zoro scared Kaido, Oda let know Zoro scarred. Unlike the Scabbards who combination attack couldn't even reopen up his old wound.

Zoro did block hakai.

Here are the scenes. Are you going to continue to act like these scenes don't exist?

True, he didn't block it for long but he still blocked it which gave everybody enough time to escape. If it wasn't for him all of the supernovas in the rooftop would be dead. That is an impressive feat and one of the greatest feats we have seen the entire manga. That power, barrier haki, can be used to block weaker smaller attacks. Barrier haki can be used offensively and defensively.

Who cares about knocking Kaido down. Luffy have knocked him down more than anybody and it has amounted to nothing. Zoro was not trying to knock him down but to take him down or take him out. Even though Zoro didn't he still caused Kaido a significant about the damage or scarring him. Which is morning anybody else is on. I've already showed you why that is. The crazy thing about that was since Zoro was severely injured and in poor condition that attack was not at full strength of that attack. Zoro is a strength based fighter and 20 to 30 broken bones limited to his strength. If you wasn't in a condition it would have been a much stronger attack I'm going to cause them more damage.

Kaido didn't ignore the damage. He even told Zoro scarred which is a feat achieve only by Oden. The benefit to that is Kaido now has a "chink in his armor" that can be taken advantage of.

I cannot wait until this chapter comes up.

Get to make an infamous Luffy Poll

Is Luffy getting multiple power ups in one fight good writing?
He didn’t get another power up yet?
Him equally clashing against kaido ( who’s been fighting for 30 chapters)? ( and luffy was going toe to toe with kaido for 30 mins). So why is it a problem he is equally clashing now?

And him getting another form will be explained.. he trained with multiple animals. Stop bitching bro lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.