Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wonderful World

Well he does what his card tells him to do. And the odds were on kaidos side. He should have finished all his fortunes and than decide. If he had drawn the tower card earlier, he would have known that Luffy is gonna win this.
I understand that, but he still lacks any conviction.

You can't just dictate your life based on what tarot cards tell you. He needs to live a little more and stop being a pussy.

I get why Sanji’s freaking out but this seems like one of those situations where he needs to worry about the Germa genes later, instead of dipping out on everyone.

Luckily Queen decided to chase him or the live floor would of been screwed.
If he becomes an emotionless puppet, his life is over and his nakama are in great danger.
Queen is still agro'd on Sanji anyway so he's not dipping out on anyone.

W

Wonderful World

Thats supposed to be his downfall. In the age of dreams and dreamers, Hawkins is a character who refuses to take risks and plays safe with his tarot cards and makes the safest moves.
I get it, but the way how the Supernova were introduced, with Shakky and Rayleigh speaking about Roger and Dreams, I think most of us assumed all the Supernova were the dreamers of the next generation.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Honestly I can't take Big Mom seriously anymore after this chapter... CoC infused punch against someone on your side, but against your opponents you didn't even use CoA on Napoleon... AND neither she breaks the floor with Mama-Raid, something that Who's who and Robin (lot of tiers under her) managed to do. Oda really doesn't know what to do with her, a never-ending disappointment in this arc :josad:
Yeah that page is a joke

BM full swing with her great sword and lightning barely did any damage. Kid was up next page as nothing happened.

Honestly I can't take Big Mom seriously anymore after this chapter... CoC infused punch against someone on your side, but against your opponents you didn't even use CoA on Napoleon... AND neither she breaks the floor with Mama-Raid, something that Who's who and Robin (lot of tiers under her) managed to do. Oda really doesn't know what to do with her, a never-ending disappointment in this arc :josad:
The problem isn't Big Mom, the problem is that Oda doesn't want her to defeat Kid and Law.

I am tired of you dragonball tier tourists.
Oda doesnt have to draw haki everytime for each one of you to understand the basics...
...and you will see that Kidd can tank CoC attacks as well...

W

Wonderful World

I agree! I was just explaining his character
No worries, man. I don't read this for the fights like I used to when I was a kid, but I'm just disappointed that there seemingly isn't more to him than his Tarot cards.

I'm sure this will be a turning point, however. I expect the next time we see him, he'll stop relying on his Tarot cards as much and will start to dream again.

Thats supposed to be his downfall. In the age of dreams and dreamers, Hawkins is a character who refuses to take risks and plays safe with his tarot cards and makes the safest moves.
This is why I am not disappointed with how Hawkins got defeated instead I was happy that Oda didn't forget the theme of One piece..........Hawkins lost because he played too safe and put everything on the fate....at the end of the day, he succumbed to the same fate...

I get why Sanji’s freaking out but this seems like one of those situations where he needs to worry about the Germa genes later, instead of dipping out on everyone.

Luckily Queen decided to chase him or the live floor would of been screwed.
Obviously he knows it, he didn't gave up on fighting, he is buying time for himself for a good reason, he isn't simply getting away and giving up on fighting because he got bored, he doesn't have a doubt that Queen is his opponent, thats a complete 1vs1. And even if what you said made sense, there are Marco, Izou, Kawamatsu and Hyogoro in the Live Floor, and they are just watching
:goyea:

Running to gather his thoughts isn’t going to cure him, and he’s clearly trying to escape Queen (not pull him away from the others).

Had Queen stayed Sanji would of still left.
He has been fighting all this time with his body in a weird state, taking up half his attention and now it is changing before his eyes, gathering his thoughts will absolutely help him (and be used as a stalling tactic by Oda to get the other fights out of the way lol).

Marco and Izo if forced could put up some small token resistance to Queen temporarily at the cost of getting KO'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.