Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when half the forum told me Zoro vs King wasn't going to happen and it would be a bad idea? I remember, funny how the tune changes after seeing exactly why I wanted that fight:arnoling:
Post automatically merged:

Looks like he'll have them meet eventually
I was part of that group (gona take my L) but to be fair until ch1010 and even after Zoro had 0 I repeat 0 previous interaction with King (the other strawhat had already their own matchup). I am happy for this fight but Oda could have done a better job. I miss a valide point for this fight beside number 2 vs number 2. There was enough time for that and both King and Zoro were in the dome prior to the Rooftop fight.
So I was very skeptical about that fight

Remember when half the forum told me Zoro vs King wasn't going to happen and it would be a bad idea? I remember, funny how the tune changes after seeing exactly why I wanted that fight:arnoling:
Post automatically merged:

Looks like he'll have them meet eventually
I never believed Zoro would fight King

I always thought the 5SN would 5 v 2 the yonko, while Marco beat King and Sanji beats Queen, never would I have expected Marco would end up being useless and the 5v2 would stop.

Even now if Luffy solos Kaido ill still be crying BS

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I'd argue Marco's movement speed against Kizaru is far more impressive.
I just repeated your argument at you but changed the subject from Marco to King.

I find King's Imperial Archer very impressive speed wise. We have no comparison between the two, so I think it's fair to consider both of them speedsters.

Besides, just how they're build I think it makes more sense that King is the more slower/more robust bird.
I think this argument is kind of silly.

Imperial Archer — and more generally, Hybrid King's fighting style — seems to be blitzing his opponents and using his wings as blades. King's speed in Hybrid is what gives him his overwhelming impact momentum and allows him to overwhelm named attacks of Rooftop Zoro.

It's a fighting style based entirely on speed. It makes no sense for King to be "slower" because he's robust.

Marco did make him cough up blood though and considering the attacks that King took from Zoro without "activating' his regen that's kinda impressive, also, I'm pretty sure that's due to too Marco's Phoenix flames being a nice counter too King's own.
Marco's AP is decent, so I don't want to downplay it. I think King's AP is simply in a higher class.

King took Rengoku Oni Giri without activating his regen either. I think that's because he can withstand attacks of such calibre due to his Ancient Zoan resilience.

Something like Shi Shishi Sonson is at a level that forces him to use his regeneration.

I don't think it's Marco's Phoenix flames countering King's own, but Rengoku Oni Giri and Blue Bird/the knee drop not being at a level to force King to activate his regeneration.

I'm off the opinion that the Foxfire style will be the game changer too beating King not Adv CoC.
Well, I would like to point out that Zoro has yet to use the Foxfire style during the fight, and that he unlocked Haoshoku coating instead of resorting to the Foxfire style.

On a personal level, I would also hate for Zoro to beat King due to possessing a specific ability that counters King. I'd like for him to simply be stronger than King. That's why I welcome the Haoshoku coating power up.

Gotta wait and see. Zoro did already notice something being up with the flame on King's back. It'll be revealed in the next couple weeks anyways.
I mean, I think he regenerates through the fire, but I'm hoping it's not an ability that can be exploited. It would be a cheap victory if Zoro beats King through possessing a specific ability that counters King instead of growing as a fighter.

Marco countered King's attacks already here
Those are casual fire bullets not named fire attacks. Zoro easily blocked and deflected them with his swords.

How do you come to that conclusion ?
Marco blocked that punch without it breaching his defense and that was a Marco on 1% stamina.
Prometheus losing to Marco's flames was very different with Prometheus itself withering/dimming.

Only because King wasn't furious before doesn't mean he didn't try to fight seriously though. Considering his personality he takes every fight serious, unlike Queen who plays around.
He simply wasn't exerting himself as much. Zoro could equal Base King in a sword fight before he pissed King off.

After he pissed King off, King overwhelmed him in a sword clash:

This is undeniable.

King "defeated" Rooftop Zoro in Base and Zoan form, Marco has literally fought both of those variants several times and for a much longer time. He simply performed better than rooftop Zoro.

- King uses his Katana against Marco and Zoro
- King uses his Zoan form against Marco and Zoro
- King uses his fire projectiles against Marco and Zoro as well.

And have I mentioned that in some of these moments Marco also had to deal with Queen.
  1. Zoro performed better than Marco by damaging King's mask.
  2. Before Zoro damaged King's Mask, King never defeated or had any sort of advantage over Zoro.
    • King's arsenal before the mask was damaged wasn't something that troubled Zoro. It was only after King damaged the mask that Zoro began getting overwhelmed.

Zoan King never bested Zoro either. Only Base and Hybrid King.

Both literally fought the same guy with the same set off abilities and one simply performed better than the other.
And no, Marco did not face the same King that Zoro fought:
  • King wasn't bloodlusted against Marco
  • King never used Tempura Udon against Marco
  • King never used hardening against Marco
  • King never used Hybrid against Marco

Your main issue is that you're stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that Marco didn't fight the same King that Zoro is now contending with.

Adv CoC Zoro > King~Marco > Rooftop Zoro
We already know how big of a difference Adv CoC makes. It's the PU sending Zoro off from peak commander level to Top Tier.
This isn't even King's final form.

We'll truly see King go all out after Zoro completely destroys his mask.

This is a contradiction. You can't both claim that Borsalino is the fastest character and that Marco blitzed him. Marco blitzing him debunks him being the fastest character.

Borsalino's only fast attack was his lightspeed kicks and even then he was only able to blitz preskip Supernova. Borsalino has no impressive speed displays against high tiers or top tiers.
It ain't. There are different ways off being fast. Kizaru is the fastest character when it comes to travel and movement speed as the man is literally light itself I think debating against this doesn't make sense, only because he didn't compete in that aspect against Marco doesn't he isn't faster. Kizaru was sitting in the sky after all.

By that logic it'd would be a contradiction that Rayleigh blitzed Kizaru here:

Pretty quickly" might be a misnomer, but his ability to absorb damage is strictly inferior to King:
Well that's because he doesn't absorb damage at all but we pretty much both agree that King has the advantage in efficiently taking attacks without it taking a toll too much on his stamina.

Still, it's a major difference when Marco starts a fight 1v1 at 100% opossed to what he had to do in the Live floor.

Before his mask was damaged, Zoro was fighting on par with him. After his mask was damaged, King straight up rag-dolled Zoro:
It's still Base and Zoan King that ragdolled him. His abilities don't change only because he snapped.
Other than Rengoku Oni Giri, they fought on par:
Well and with the panels we got Marco straight up was dominating Base King.

King was smacked around by Marco as much as he was by Zoro prior to 1027.

Once Zoro broke part of King's mask (something Marco was not capable of), King began molesting Zoro.
Zoro has not done too King what Marco did to him. During chapter 1006 Marco was outworking King while taking care of Queen as well, Zoro did not fight nor accomplish as much under the same conditions.

King before his mask was cracked and after his mask was cracked are very different. This was shown in Zoro vs King before and after the mask was cracked. It was also shown in the comments by Beast Pirates fodder on how King was enraged/mad when his mask was cracked.
Well even if we take into account all the attacks King showed after getting serious, maybe one of em has the potential too actually damage Marco which is sending him flying using the durability of his wings.

This chapter had everything I wanted. The fight felt fluid and Oda didn't waste any panels. There's so much to unpack and my mind is still reeling.

1. I am still not sure how Lunarian powers work. Maybe King is able to absorb energy and then use it to his advantage? If that's the case I wonder if he's able to do it as many times as he likes or if there is a limit? That explosion was insane.

2. I think Queen and Sanji's conversation is a strong case that Sanji may be part Lunarian.

3. I am really happy that Sandai Kitsesu didn't break.

4. I am still hoping to get a longer backstory for Zoro. We did learn that he is poor when he admitted that he couldn't afford to buy a sword. Also 9 year old Zoro was definitely a brat.

5. I liked how Zoro connected the dots and learned that Kuina's grandfather was the blacksmith and a strong samurai who left Wano.

6. Shimotsuki Kozaburo has some big dick energy. He illegally flees Wano and then names a new village after his family. Way to stay inconspicuous Kozaburo.

7. I also love how we finally learned what cursed swords are. A swordsman with a strong will isn't going to be intimated by any sword. That also explain why Zoro had no hesitation when he got Sandai Kitsesu. He already knew that the idea of cursed blades was BS and that his willpower was already stronger than the blade.

8. I also love how Kozaburo told Zoro that swords are for killing people. (Also another foreshadowing of ZKK). Then he's just like here you go kid, have fun.

9. Roofpiece indicated that Zoro had CoC. Now he has advCoC. Wow did that page look amazing! I loved how Zoro's dream was finally focused on again, and I loved how he remembered Luffy telling him that the future King of the Pirates won't settle for anything less.

10. I also worry about Zoro's condition post King fight and post Wano. I don't think the Mink medicine will run out during his fight with King because how effective is a medicine that lasts for 15 minutes? Damn Zoro sure has been coughing up a lot of blood this fight. That indicates some serious internal injuries. Also is there going to be any repercussions for Zoro unleashing that much haki into his swords? Also once the Mink medicine does wear off he will feel the effects of all the rooftop attacks only doubled. I am still thinking that Zoro's the 1% man.

No, it doesn't change anything. Enma is called a cursed sword by others. Linlin saying it's no ordinary sword reinforces that.

This chapter confirms that Enma wasn't powerful on its own. It's just temperamental.

Oden's aura/presence wasn't present in the sword either.
No this is you just trying to reach and downplay characters where the logic doesn’t apply at all :lusalty:

Kaido literally says Oden’s aura/presence is there at that moment, Kaido >>>>> your fan headcanon

By your dumb logic all meitos and supreme swords are just “ordinary swords,” including Yoru, Enma which sucks up haki, Shisui which has its own personality, etc. Onimaru talks about swords having souls of their users. Kozaburo hates the idea of swords being considered cursed, they are still not ordinary by their very own nature. Cant believe I have to explain this basic difference to someone smfh

Or should I start downplaying Zoro because by his own admission he cant defend against laser beams or beam like attacks at all. Jesus fucking christ

:milaugh:
Now get your head of your ass and go back to reading a dictionary for starters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
By that logic it'd would be a contradiction that Rayleigh blitzed Kizaru here:
No:
  1. Borsalino is not actually lightspeed
  2. One Piece characters are faster than light
Either of the above two would be consistent with Rayleigh/Marco blitzing/intercepting Borsalino. What is inconsistent is claiming that Borsalino is the fastest character when his feats don't show it.

Still, it's a major difference when Marco starts a fight 1v1 at 100% opossed to what he had to do in the Live floor.
I agree with this. Marco would be able to soak up more damage than he did in canon, but it still wouldn't be as much as King (since King just ignores any attacks that can't overcome his durability).

It's still Base and Zoan King that ragdolled him. His abilities don't change only because he snapped.
What on earth? Even in real life, people become stronger when they're enraged. Let alone in a shounen that has your combat ability literally tied to your willpower.

King only began using hardening against Zoro after he snapped.

Well and with the panels we got Marco straight up was dominating Base King.
Zoro has not done too King what Marco did to him. During chapter 1006 Marco was outworking King while taking care of Queen as well, Zoro did not fight nor accomplish as much under the same conditions.
That's true.

I should give Marco his due, so I don't want to make explanations for King here.

I'll just restate that it's not the same King that Zoro fought post 1027.

King wasn't just using his Hybrid form, and stronger attacks, even the same attacks became stronger. Zoro went from blocking King's sword just fine to getting sent flying when he tried to block.

I'd also like to point out that Marco was not able to damage King's mask or otherwise set him off enough for him to go at it as hard as he did against Zoro.

Well even if we take into account all the attacks King showed after getting serious, maybe one of em has the potential too actually damage Marco which is sending him flying using the durability of his wings.
His Hybrid attacks would be able to tag Marco and consume his regeneration:
  • Imperial Archer
  • Imperial Twin Wings
  • Wind Scythes
Marco can probably dodge Tempura Udon, and even if it lands, he should be able to recover from it.

blackbeard GOD level
Blackbeard doesn’t necessarily have to be super strong, he doesn’t even have to have CoO.. Blackbeard vs Luffy will be Luffy’s first fight that his devil fruit will pose as his weakness instead of taking advantage of the situation and adapting his powers to the enemy.

G

Gorosei Informer

LOL I'm actually still shocked that Jay hasn't said a single word today, I was soo hyped waiting for what he was going to say LOL.
Brago at least knows he is only trolling Zoro to make himself feel better, he regularly admits that Zoro is superior, ala Jay and KoL a.k.a Mr.Top5 wont have a great week ahead

Some people just don't want to accept their fav character is inferior to another in strength for some weird reason, but ill probably also feel the same the day Zoro beats Mihawk :pepecry:, probably going to stop reading and go exploring the bush for those few weeks Zoro fights Mihawk
LMFAO, god the meltdown will be insane! I mean I shouldn't "stoke the flames" so to speak but I really don't know how they're gonna cope when Zoro vs Mihawk does happen for real.

Sanji has been foreshadowed from early on in the series to have his own immense hype moments to come and I'm am certain they will come. Oda does love Sanji given how much focus and genuine character development he's given him by far post TS too. Not to forget getting his own spinoff chapters and official crossovers with Shokugeki No Sanji too! I used to believe he did hate Sanji but I've seen sense now lol.

Zoro and Sanji are vastly different characters but they can still have mutual respect, trust and even care/love for each other in their own ways. They have their own beliefs and ambitions but they can still work together absolutely when needed at least. There is a quiet respect and understanding between them which is very understated in the community. This recent moment with them and back in Thriller Bark are some of the strongest examples and there's definitely others out there too.

Btw I see Judge Top 5 reference hahaha, one of the best memes right there too!

In an ideal world, I'd love Sanji to get the same love Zoro does in combat but it doesn't make sense for his character and logically imo. That doesn't mean Sanji isn't strong and can't be extremely strong either but Zoro literally lives to train, fight and be The Very, Very Strongest, the World's Greatest/Strongest Swordsman, whereas Sanji wants to find the All Blue, protect women, cook for other especially his loved ones, nakama and the genuinely starving and malnourished and such.

They are both genuinely amazing in their own way. I started this series and grew up with idolising both of them in different ways, they are like two sides of a positive masculinity coin imo or even being a good human. Sanji is MUCH more complicated than Zoro as a character ofc but that doesn't mean Zoro doesn't have his nuances, his own layers/depth too ofc. Sanji is just much more expressive/open about them.

I've really wanted to make deep dive videos on both them as well as their own mutual respectful relationship and bonds with each other, the camaraderie/brotherhood between them and what makes them both so great individually and also symbiotically/collectively. Both are them are absolutely brilliant.

There's so much I want to talk about and explore about their own personal beliefs/attitude/personalities and throw in my own beliefs and headcanons, to analyse and deep dive about them as I find both of them really fascinating in their own ways. Sanji is extremely relatable to me and Zoro is the person I wish I could be. Hell, I generally think the SHs are fantastically positive role models too.

:zosmug::cheers::stealthblack::finally:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.