Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he meant 2 full chapters in a row not just bits and pieces from the same fight.
True but isn't that Robin vs Black Maria?

For the record, this chapter isn't fully Sanji vs Queen anyway. There's at least 1 page of Momo learning how to take over Kaido's fire, so maybe each chapter he does what he did with the F6:

- 1017 was mostly Tama'a order, updates to Sanji vs Queen, Zoro's recovery,, then some of Jinbe's fight at the end.

- 1018 was Usopp/Nami/Tama updates, CP-0 talking about WsW, then the rest of the fight

- 1019 had updates on Zoro, Sanji and Luffy, then Franky's fight, THEN 2 pages on Yamato's power lol

- 1020 had more Yamato vs Kaido, then Robin vs Black Maria, then updates with Momo

- 1021 finished that fight, but also 1 page with Momo

So yeah I agree that it'll never "feel" directly like full dedicated battles outside of what we got with the rooftop and maybe the Yonko. Like even 1033 had 1 page of Sanji and Queen lol.

That can work as well. Oda may not want to disrupt the flow of the action/battle with character drama.
Yeah that's where I'm at right now. There is a sense of urgency and if he doesn't end their fights, he's essentially offscreening them I guess. A lot of things I think we thought couldn't be addressed prior to their fights seem like they'll happen after (Zoro's lineage potentially, Orochi/Fuku, Momo/Onigashima, Numbers, etc) at this point.

Chapter1018 title: inbe vs. Who's-Who

Chapter 1020 title: Robin vs Black Maria

Chapter 1034 title: Sanji vs Queen.

This fight is definitely done.
Nah, King and Queen's fights are receiving special treatment for a few chapters already, because they are Zoro and Sanji's fights, this doesn't compare to the Tobiroppo vs other Strawhats, to the point Oda places them alongside with Luffy vs Kaido

The chapter called "Luffy vs Katakuri" doesn't end their fight at all, i think it will be the same for Zoro and Sanji

G

Gorosei Informer

Queen didn't say this for nothing

Never underestimate the funk :queenmoji:
He probably couldn't back when Queen was with him but it's very weird as VP is meant to be intellectually 500 years ahead of his time too. It would be nice if VP wasn't superior to every scientist out there, that some had the edge over him somehow especially Queen, but given it must be decades now (as we saw Queen with Beast Pirates during the Oden flashback too), VP has probably come a really long way since then too.

The new SSG weapon VP has invented is meant to replace the Warlords and we've seen what he can do with the Pacifistas and Kuma too. I'm still adamant Oda is holding off on VP for this long because he's going to completely blow our minds away when he FINALLY does appear, sigh lol.
Queen is far more impressive than the Pacifistas and Kuma though for me, its just absolutely absurd and awesome what he can do! So maybe Queen is right about being superior at making cyborgs?

Queen is still absolutely funking awesome though. He'll probably be the superior character to VP potentially or at least more entertaining/funnier. Queens character is like Peak Oda Post TS for me, along with Senor Pink lol. Maybe even for whole of OP.

I'm worried Queen is being too arrogant and has spent so long away from VP, that he is underestimating him a lot and he's gonna get shown up pretty hard, ironically like he's done to Judge himself LMAO!

Chapter1018 title: inbe vs. Who's-Who

Chapter 1020 title: Robin vs Black Maria

Chapter 1034 title: Sanji vs Queen.

This fight is definitely done.
I gotta say if that’s the end of the fight I’ll be pretty disappointed. Not because of the pacing, but because Sanji’s fights always have a spicy one-liner and double spread at the end.

Imo if the fight isn't over now, it is def over next chapter
I think that should be a given and honestly if it got one more chapter, I commend Oda for giving Sanji what has amounted to nearly 5 chapters of fighting lol (when you add his scenes from 1016-1017, 1019, 1022-1023, 1028-1029, 1031). Same with Zoro if he gets 2 as well. Pretty nuts. Even if they only got 1 it's still a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.