Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he stopped being fat when he pounded the shit out of Mr. 5 which was right before the Luffy/Zoro fight LOL.

My main point was that if people consider Little Garden as a showing of Zoro = Sanji then Whiskey Peak was an equally if not more clear depiction of Luffy = Zoro. But I AM NOT saying I believe that, I still think the logical dynamic is Luffy > Zoro > Sanji and I agree with Yasheen that the whole thing was more of an establishment of the M3 as a trio and an establishment that they are clearly a huge cut above the rest of the crew in terms of strength
The fight where luffy thought zoro beat up the guys who gave him food and were friends?:suresure:

The fight was a gag. It ended with nami punching them in the head.

Here's my question tho. Are there any other moments in the series that directly imply zoro=luffy?:kata:

I can name one for sanji that's fs. You hate to see it. But ennies lobby was a direct implication of sanji=zoro and not luffy=zoro.

4400 for lucci

2200 for kaku

2180 for jabra

2 fodder marines gap. With sanji mid diffing while extremely injured and zoro extreme diffs. How anyone could ever suggest zoro=luffy again makes me cringe. Luffys just built different from zoro and sanji

Well then it's pretty hard to judge accurately imo. I seen plenty of narrative portrayal of sanji and zoro being equals but also of zoro having a tiny edge. An edge of 20 doriki.

People have misconceptions and interpret the story in a way that could be convoluted because of their own logic. People draw different conclusions from the same thing.
Oh definitely. There's no real way of being 100% accurate when judging the gaps, it's more up to personal interpretation to judge how large they are with the general foundation that's been presented in the story

I don’t. We know the power construct of the straw hats:
Luffy > Zoro > Sanji >> all others

My initial point was when pg said that Zoro and Sanji were only compared because of “flawed doriki” and I pointed out they were first shown as Rivals in Little Garden. then franosuke said that the little garden scene didn’t make sense because of Whiskey peak.

Both are gags and both portray the power of the characters. Where Luffy is above Zoro who’s not far behind and Zoro is above Sanji who’s not far behind.
How do you draw this conclusion when we have an arc with a legit numbered powerscale showing luffy fighting someone over double the strength of zoros opponent? How? Are you stupid as fuck? I'm truly dumbfounded. How did you draw this conclusion?

The fight where luffy thought zoro beat up the guys who gave him food and were friends?:suresure:

The fight was a gag. It ended with nami punching them in the head.

Here's my question tho. Are there any other moments in the series that directly imply zoro=luffy?:kata:

I can name one for sanji that's fs. You hate to see it. But ennies lobby was a direct implication of sanji=zoro and not luffy=zoro.

4400 for lucci

2200 for kaku

2180 for jabra

2 fodder marines gap. With sanji mid diffing while extremely injured and zoro extreme diffs. How anyone could ever suggest zoro=luffy again makes me cringe. Luffys just built different from zoro and sanji
IMO Luffy vs Lucci was extreme diff, Zoro vs Kaku was high diff but not extreme diff. I agree Sanji vs Jabura was mid diff. But the problem with doriki is that, if Luffy is exactly that much better than they are, logically he should not have had a significantly harder time with his opponent than they did with theirs, idk if I'm saying that right.

Regarding Whiskey Peak, I think it was clear in the panels that both Luffy and Zoro were serious DURING the fight, and they both seriously declared that they wanted to see which of them was stronger.

Other than that, I don't necessarily think there are moments where it's explicitly implied that Luffy = Zoro, but I do think Luffy and Zoro as a DUO appears with similar prevalence in the story as Zoro and Sanji as a duo. Zoro is the only SH to fight shoulder-to-shoulder with Luffy in battle, even being described as Luffy's "partner" by Smoker, etc etc. We can get into supernova stuff and dreams/ambitions and whatever but that stuff is more trivial. I don't want to add too much detail because I don't actually believe Luffy = Zoro, but my point is there are elements in the story that pushes Zoro as Luffy's "partner" more than anyone else in the crew, while he lacks that type of development with Sanji in my opinion

On top of that, we do have direct confirmation from Oda on multiple occasions that describe Zoro as the no. 2 of the crew, which is why I choose to just abide by the logic of Luffy > Zoro > Sanji without digging too deep into the gaps. Obviously Sanji is a beast and IMO neg diffs the other members of the crew besides Jinbe even though he still beats Jinbe by a landslide at this point

How do you draw this conclusion when we have an arc with a legit numbered powerscale showing luffy fighting someone over double the strength of zoros opponent? How? Are you stupid as fuck? I'm truly dumbfounded. How did you draw this conclusion?
Luffy also lost against Lucci and needed friendship power to beat him.

Then in Thriller Bark Zoro got a power up in Shusui when Sanji didn’t.

Or you can sleep and, by the time you wake up, we will already have even the raws.
That happens to me every weeks.
When I woke up in the morning I already find both the RAW and the full summary out.
I can't stay awake until 2-3 A.M. waiting for the full summary if the next morning I have to wake up relatively early.
It's nice to wake up and having the RAW ready to be watched though, so I don't complain.

MAYBE this time I can make an exception just because is a HUGE WANJI CHAPTER.

how is doriki flawed?

and even besides Enies you have the same concept being used in initial arcs.. in Little garden the theme was always in plane sight with the giants that was reflected upon sanji and zoro.

you can't say that you can't make an argument for it before EL thats bogus
Doriki does not account for weapons and Kaku was a swordsman and even called himself a Yontoryu ( 4 sword style user).
Which is a big deal because Kaku even stated he's at full strength with he utilize the 4 sword style. He wasn't just a tiny bit stronger than Jabra he was stronger than Jabra by a good amount.

Because You Cant make any debate before enies lobby, What does Sanji accomplish feat wise that's comparable to Zoro before Enies lobby? Zoro Defeated the 100 Bounty Hunters and then Fought on Par with Luffy all in Baroque works Arc, Were just suppose to ignore that for a Dinosaur Hunting Contest? Zoro and Sanji don't even have battles against each other like Dorry and Broggy do lol. The Fight Zoro and Luffy had in Baroque works is more reminiscent of Dorry and Broggy in lil garden then a hunting contest.
Post automatically merged:

The whiskey peak fight was always designed as a joke. It started because Luffy thought Zoro beat up people who gave him food and ended with Nami knocking them both out.

So if you use it to say Luffy = Zoro then you have to accept Nami > Luffy and Zoro combined
So Zoro and Luffys fight in whiskey peak is a joke but Zoro and Sanjis Hunting contest isn't?

IMO Luffy vs Lucci was extreme diff, Zoro vs Kaku was high diff but not extreme diff. I agree Sanji vs Jabura was mid diff. But the problem with doriki is that, if Luffy is exactly that much better than they are, logically he should not have had a significantly harder time with his opponent than they did with theirs, idk if I'm saying that right.

Regarding Whiskey Peak, I think it was clear in the panels that both Luffy and Zoro were serious DURING the fight, and they both seriously declared that they wanted to see which of them was stronger.

Other than that, I don't necessarily think there are moments where it's explicitly implied that Luffy = Zoro, but I do think Luffy and Zoro as a DUO appears with similar prevalence in the story as Zoro and Sanji as a duo. Zoro is the only SH to fight shoulder-to-shoulder with Luffy in battle, even being described as Luffy's "partner" by Smoker, etc etc. We can get into supernova stuff and dreams/ambitions and whatever but that stuff is more trivial. I don't want to add too much detail because I don't actually believe Luffy = Zoro, but my point is there are elements in the story that pushes Zoro as Luffy's "partner" more than anyone else in the crew, while he lacks that type of development with Sanji in my opinion

On top of that, we do have direct confirmation from Oda on multiple occasions that describe Zoro as the no. 2 of the crew, which is why I choose to just abide by the logic of Luffy > Zoro > Sanji without digging too deep into the gaps. Obviously Sanji is a beast and IMO neg diffs the other members of the crew besides Jinbe even though he still beats Jinbe by a landslide at this point
All that stuff you said is just rhm narrative. Nothing more. It doesn't mean the rhm can't have an equal.

An explicit powerscale from the literal source material created by Loda himself. You cannot disagree with it.

Zoro was literally losing to kaku and was about to be defeated and then he pulled out ashura. Sanji mid diffed. These are the facts.

Either way the gap between luffy and zoro us huge. That was my main point. That's why I brought that up. How anyone can conclude luffy=zoro us beyond me. It's delusions and deserves to be laughed at

Doriki does not account for weapons and Kaku was a swordsman and even called himself a Yontoryu ( 4 sword style user).
Which is a big deal because Kaku even stated he's at full strength with he utilize the 4 sword style. He wasn't just a tiny bit stronger than Jabra he was stronger than Jabra by a good amount.

Because You Cant make any debate before enies lobby, What does Sanji accomplish feat wise that's comparable to Zoro before Enies lobby? Zoro Defeated the 100 Bounty Hunters and then Fought on Par with Luffy all in Baroque works Arc, Were just suppose to ignore that for a Dinosaur Hunting Contest? Zoro and Sanji don't even have battles against each other like Dorry and Broggy do lol. The Fight Zoro and Luffy had in Baroque works is more reminiscent of Dorry and Broggy in lil garden then a hunting contest.
Doriki not taking weaponry into account is the most commonly said misnomer. When doriki was initially mentioned it used men with guns as the benchmark.

You can say since Kaku uses a style he’s utilizing his Doriki well but that can be said for Jabra as well who uses a special martial art along with doriki.

Imagine the rooftop with this type of art. This man loool diffs Oda
Boichi is One of the best artists out there right now. Hard to compare him to Odas simplistic art style. They got inspired from different people. Oda was inspired by toriyamas style.

So Zoro and Luffys fight in whiskey peak is a joke but Zoro and Sanjis Hunting contest isn't?
Lmao zoro showcased a speed feat in Whiskey peak that sanji already accomplished. Plus he showed early signs of observation haki in little garden. Sanjis physical feats in his introduction alone had me thinking sanji>zoro before alabasta.

There are feats. Such as displaying gray durability facing arlongs rhm or kicking him through a building. There's plenty of feats that you don't want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.