Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol if King has advCoC then I would also put King one level above Queen.

But the representation of them being posed directly as equally difficult obstacles over and over again, being a pair, rivaling each other and having an almost equal reward is something too clear for us to ignore.
Ah, cheers. If you're willing to put King level about narratively and portrayal-wise if he shows skillset to match, then it's alright.

And yeah, I'm not ignoring it, just saying that Oda can decide to increase and decrease the gap to his liking as they both get individual their portrayals. So far, King and Queen have been presented in pair, but their combat portrayal have been more about generalization of a minimum level rather than direct comparions.

"Two pirates above 1 billion" is a generalization of above a billion.,

"Neither the routes will be easy." is a generalization of two characters who are both capable of stalling just fine, making it not easy at all to lol go through.

But yeah, until their individual portrayal and VC, the narrative was pretty similar regarding both.

It’s people like you that gives zoro fans a bad name
Luffy does internal damage with both ryou and coc attacks

Able to split the sky with a clash in base( baseline yonko strength that zoro won’t achieve)

And zoro has been fighting king for over 10 chapters now

This is zoro hardest 1 v 1 fight since time skip

If zoro is losing this bad against king pre coc, it’s gonna be worse with kaido
:milaugh: Zoro has been fighting King and Enma for less than 5 minutes, will beat King in 10 minutes or so, Luffy couldn't beat people with 1/3 of King's bounty without help but the real take here is that Luffy solos everyone including Zoro and whoever says otherwise is a Zorotard. :suresure:

My primary issue is with Queen being dumbed down like anything. Imagine if he uses his lasers with Invisibility/Henry/Sparking/Winch moves. Or even better Invisibility with the Snake Move. It just feels like Oda nerfed him and made him dumber so that he won't use his abilities properly thanks to plot. Which is my main issue with this fight.

And the fight also feels extremely dragged out - 20 chapters long and with basically nothing in the end.

I liked the Ch 1031 portions where Sanji strengthened his resolve and chose death instead of breaking his code again but it was again watered down by the fact that Queen hit the Geisha and not Sanji.

And just look at how tense and interesting King vs Zoro is, it just feels really odd to say this is a parallel fight. As a Zoro and King fan, I'm worried that Oda would do something like this next chapter there tbh, I am not gonna lie about that.
I gotta say that Queen being dumbed is an issue, when he caught Sanji in his brachio-snake form, and kept saying the words that activate his missiles, it's weird. He literally saw Sanji disappearing in front of his eyes, then the geisha comes in, and he goes "nvm i want to talk with this chick." Meanwhile King's PRESENCE is menacing. But as i said, i'm not TOO MUCH upset with this fight, guess we Sanji fans were starving when it comes to Sanji fights, so we just enjoying rn.

It s like wsw
Fight been on since 1015 queen lost
Again though, we have examples from this very arc that don't hold true this way. Robin fought Black Maria since 1005 and she got a second fight chapter after her "Vs" title chapter.

I agree that it can just end here, and very possibly will. I just can't ride that train yet. The only thing Vs titles indicate is that the fight is "almost" over, not over the same chapter.

You have things like Jinbe vs WsW or Zoro vs Ryuma or some early skypiea stuff,, sure. But then you also have every Enies Lobby fight and Zoro vs Pica where the battles continued after their vs titles.

There isn't really a set pattern because Oda just decides when a villain is tanks enough or should go down appropriately.

Tldr: I just need to see Queen's unconcious face and/or narrative confirmation. It's the only things Oda is consistent when it comes to fights.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I gotta say that Queen being dumbed is an issue, when he caught Sanji in his brachio-snake form, and kept saying the words that activate his missiles, it's weird. He literally saw Sanji disappearing in front of his eyes, then the geisha comes in, and he goes "nvm i want to talk with this chick." Meanwhile King's PRESENCE is menacing. But as i said, i'm not TOO MUCH upset with this fight, guess we Sanji fans were starving when it comes to Sanji fights, so we just enjoying rn.
Yeah to each his own though. I was just disappointed at how Oda ruined what could have possibly been a really memorable fight - with MADS lore etc. Maybe he fixes it up in the future fights with the BB Pirates and World Govt, but knowing how the manga has been declining my expectations aren't high lol.

Lmao that panel comparison of King and Queen fight.

:suresure:

They really thought such will help any argument in favor of Queen ?
The only reason you're deepthroating King is because Zoro has been embarrassing

Every Zoro vs King chapter = King destroys Zoro, zoro bitches and moans about race or something, Enma is the main focus, cliffhanger is that zoro swears that FINALLY this time he's going to win [next chapter spoilers, king beats him again]

Every Godji vs Queen chapter = Queen crawls back after reeling from the last hit, tries baiting Sanji by bringing up his familt, reveals some crazy new attack in his arsenal and tries every dirty trick in the book, Sanji still gets the upper hand and kicks his ass

The only reason you're deepthroating King is because Zoro has been embarrassing

Every Zoro vs King chapter = King destroys Zoro, zoro bitches and moans about race or something, Enma is the main focus, cliffhanger is that zoro swears that FINALLY this time he's going to win [next chapter spoilers, king beats him again]

Every Godji vs Queen chapter = Queen crawls back after reeling from the last hit, tries baiting Sanji by bringing up his familt, reveals some crazy new attack in his arsenal and tries every dirty trick in the book, Sanji still gets the upper hand and kicks his ass
:risicheck:

I doubt we are gonna switch to the aftermath of the Queen fight immediately, and instead jump straight into the King fight. I guess Oda wants to group the King/Queen defeats together, just like the f6.
I mean it takes what, 5 chapters or more? , to confirm WsW defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.