Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
He took on his entire arsenal prior to that. Tanked the Niji move, avoided the Ichiji move multiple times and broke Queen's arm while he was swung around by the Yonji move.

The prostitute was only relevant here to reveal that Sanji did not harm her, and to give Sanji a target to hurt for harming her in Queen. Queen still could not track Sanji's high speed movement at all, and Sanji tracked him while he was still invisible.
While Queen couldn't track Sanji's high speed movement, as he stated himself it was useless while he was invisible and would only exhaust himself, which did exhaust him the moment his high speed movements momentarily stopped. Sanji only managed to track Queen when he went for the prostitute. If he could before, he would have done that instead of exhausting himself with high speed movements without attacking Queen.

And if the battle goes/went on for longer, an exhausted Sanji would have been/would be even more hardpressed by Queen's arsenal than he already was prior to his high speed movements shown this chapter

Furthermore, he didn't use his brachio moves / plagues. In a combination with his invisibility, it'd have been a terrible combo, but Oda never managed to make him incorporate it into his fighting style

I wouldn't say that Zoro and Sanji and Zoro are completely equal.

On the other hand, denying that they're close is a bad time.
Zoro: 10

Sanji: 9 or worst case 8.5

How is it complicated to understand ?
They are not that close. If Zoro is a 10 than Sanji is a 7.5

Sanji received a lot of much needed growth but it put him closer to pre ACoC Zoro. Zoro is not done growing for Wano.

Nope, at times he has one hands one wing; two wings; phoenix talons or his normal legs and he keeps switching between them constantly.

King, in chapter 1033 alone, went from Base for the explosion -> Zoan for Tempura Udon -> Base for the flaming kick -> Hybrid for Imperial Bows and Arrows -> Base at the end of the chapter.
But the form is mostly the same, i never saw it with one wing, the only difference is talons or no talons
Again marco stays in this form most of the fight, king could just stay in his full zoan attacking zoro, but he goes lunarian form to fight close combat.

While Queen couldn't track Sanji's high speed movement, as he stated himself it was useless while he was invisible and would only exhaust himself, which did exhaust him the moment his high speed movements momentarily stopped. Sanji only managed to track Queen when he went for the prostitute. If he could before, he would have done that instead of exhausting himself with high speed movements without attacking Queen.

And if the battle goes/went on for longer, an exhausted Sanji would have been/would be even more hardpressed by Queen's arsenal than he already was prior to his high speed movements shown this chapter

Furthermore, he didn't use his brachio moves / plagues. In a combination with his invisibility, it'd have been a terrible combo, but Oda never managed to make him incorporate it into his fighting style

He thought it's useless because he thought he could not be tracked, but Sanji tracked him while he was still invisible.

Sanji doesn't really stop he's a blurr still moving around we just see a stop frame of that. He still attacked Queen with the high speed movement, he even mentions incorporating it into his attack. It's why Queen does not react at all.

He did not track him instantly, but did track him while still invisible. Sanji revealed Queen with his attack, and we see the panel where he narrows down on where Queen is and seeing him before attacking him.

King also switches in between his forms like Marco does. It's just that his forms are not as fluid as Marco's

Transition from Zoan to Base here was insanely smooth.

He thought it's useless because he thought he could not be tracked, but Sanji tracked him while he was still invisible.

Sanji doesn't really stop he's a blurr still moving around we just see a stop frame of that. He still attacked Queen with the high speed movement, he even mentions incorporating it into his attack. It's why Queen does not react at all.

He did not track him instantly, but did track him while still invisible. Sanji revealed Queen with his attack, and we see the panel where he narrows down on where Queen is and seeing him before attacking him.
I thought he just blitzed upward faster than Queen could even notice and stayed by the roof, but it's looking more and more like he simply kept moving. That's why he looked exhausted and was randomly huffing by the time he reappeared by roof. Ig official translation would make it clearer.

Though wasn't Queen making shitton of noise, we legit see creaks caused by his giant-ass dino body. Don't think Sanji even needed CoO for that (though tracking him down with CoO there while he's actively looking won't really be an issue, idk. Not sure how much proficiency you need for that)

More or less how I’ve always imagined it.

Zoro will always be ahead of Sanji, and the difference will always be significant enough to make it clear, but not so significant that it’s an utter wash. With that being said, Oda’s portrayal of this has been a two pack of ass up until this arc, with Zoro mowing down basically anything that looks at him funny while Sanji’s been on a gauntlet of short clashes and ass whoopings. It really wasn’t until Wano that their actions matched the portrayal Oda’s been going for.

Fortunately Oda’s gotten the vast bulk of Sanji’s character set up out of the way now (even if it literally took two sagas lmao) and it seems Sanji’s prepped to actually be competent in fights against the upper echelon of enemies going forward now so better late than never I guess :kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

Even if we expect it to end in 20-25 chapters, it will still take 6-8 months (considering current schedule: 3 chapters and 1 break).
yeah but i also understand that Oda’s slow burn as shit so expecting any less is just being over-optimistic 💀

Queen made creaking sounds. Sanji with his CoO picked it up - he didn't track an invisible foe, that's Fujitora levels of CoO.
Sanji did have to know where Queens body is exactly for his technique "Collier." Even if Sanji knew the general area of Queen from the squeaks, he still aimed specifically for Queens neck which can't be done if he was only using the creaks.

Yeah, see. A 9 to 10 difference is practically as close to equality you can get without being dead equal.

If you think saying it's a wash is bad, then this ain't that much better, either.

I generally respect takes much more that actually imply a proper gap between them without particularly making it look big. For example, a typical high-diff gap would be something like 10 to 7. Anything closer than that starts getting into the zone of "Which admiral is stronger?" level of closeness. And that ain't it.

This wasn't to ridicule Sanji. This was to criticize Oda.

You cannot possibly look at Sanji vs Queen and call it a good fight, Tobi Roppo fights were better. Oda just dropped the ball on Queen when compared to King and he's right.
This kind of arguments always comes from Zoro fans, but whatever :kayneshrug:

If you say Tobi Roppo's fights were better, man, I can't take you seriously. This are the typical excuses to say Sanji's fights suck. I think is more sane to admit you don't like the character, and that's fine, but man, don't look for excuses:seriously:

Status
Not open for further replies.