Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen made creaking sounds. Sanji with his CoO picked it up - he didn't track an invisible foe, that's Fujitora levels of CoO.

Sanji actually focuses on Queen and there's a panel of him seeing him

If the sounds gave it away there would be a comment on that from Sanji saying i can hear your fatass moving or something along those lines.

Queen was also not concerned with him being tracked either, and last time when Sanji wasn't focusing on finding him he was able to maneuver around Sanji while invisible and hurt the same geisha.

Yeah, see. A 9 to 10 difference is practically as close to equality you can get without being dead equal.

If you think saying it's a wash is bad, then this ain't that much better, either.

I generally respect takes much more that actually imply a proper gap between them without particularly making it look big. For example, a typical high-diff gap would be something like 10 to 7. Anything closer than that starts getting into the zone of "Which admiral is stronger?" level of closeness. And that ain't it.
To give an example Akainu beat Aokiji extreme diff to the brink of death.

So Akainu is a hair stronger than Aokiji.

Akainu : 10

Aokiji: 9.9 or 9.8

That's almost a tie for me.

10 and 9 it's still different but close

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
If you say Tobi Roppo's fights were better, man, I can't take you seriously. This are the typical excuses to say Sanji fights sucks. I think is more sane to admit you don't like the character, and that's fine, but man, don't loof for excuses
Lmao what? Half the Sanji fanbase is pissed that this fight got a underwhelming ending and are hoping for another chapter of the fight. And yes, Robin vs Black Maria was better in terms of panelling etc.

But Sanji still had to know every part of where Queens body was in that moment despite Queen being invisible.
Basic Observation is enough, something Sanji is a master at.

Sanji actually focuses on Queen and there's a panel of him seeing him

If the sounds gave it away there would be a comment on that from Sanji saying i can hear your fatass moving or something along those lines.

Queen was also not concerned with him being tracked either, and last time when Sanji wasn't focusing on finding him he was able to maneuver around Sanji while invisible and hurt the same geisha.
Exactly the point. The combination of the sound + the "intent" behind Queen's attack on the Geisha was more than enough to pinpoint.

Oda didn't single out those sounds in those panels for no reason. Queen was creaking all over the place. Queen wasn't concerned because he thought Sanji wouldn't pick it up because he pulled the same shit before - probably when Sanji wasn't using CoO since he was distracted by his bodily changes.

Lmao what? Half the Sanji fanbase is pissed that this fight got a underwhelming ending and are hoping for another chapter of the fight. And yes, Robin vs Black Maria was better in terms of panelling etc.

Exactly the point. The combination of the sound + the "intent" behind Queen's attack on the Geisha was more than enough to pinpoint.

Oda didn't single out those sounds in those panels for no reason. Queen was creaking all over the place. Queen wasn't concerned because he thought Sanji wouldn't pick it up because he pulled the same shit before - probably when Sanji wasn't using CoO since he was distracted by his bodily changes.
How is basic observation enough? King and Queen literally saw Momo getting carried away and they still didn't know that there was someone invisible carrying him away, even when Sanji attacked.

@Yasheen makes a good point, Sanji has to vizualize him there to call out his body parts before attacking and not just be aware of his presence, which supports him being able to get a visual on Queen with his CoO

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
How is basic observation enough? King and Queen literally saw Momo getting carried away and they still didn't know that there was someone invisible carrying him away, even when Sanji attacked.
King and Queen aren't nearly as good in basic Observation as Sanji is. What is even this argument?

Checking the intent behind an attack is the principle behind basic observation, unless you think Rayleigh trained Luffy in some advanced form of Observation which Luffy hasn't used till date.

To give an example Akainu beat Aokiji extreme diff to the brink of death.

So Akainu is a hair stronger than Aokiji.

Akainu : 10

Aokiji: 9.9 or 9.8

That's almost a tie for me.

10 and 9 it's still different but close
Would you not be putting a difference of 10 to 9 at extreme diff? Or a very high-diff?

Those really do breach towards the point of near equality. Almost every argument in Sanji's favor come from narrative and portrayal, given the fact that he lacks feats for most parts, but even according to those, Zoro has a clear-cut narrative place (all the way from WG to ACoC and I can add many in-between) which sets him apart good enough to there being a visible gap with Zoro winning without anything grievous. Ofc, one can definitely say it'll not be a wash based off of those factors, or even mid-diff.

But arguing for anything above generic or possibly even borderline high-diff is sort of a reach.

To me, 10 to 9 is difference between something like Akainu and Fujitora/GB or something.

King and Queen aren't nearly as good in basic Observation as Sanji is. What is even this argument?

Checking the intent behind an attack is the principle behind basic observation, unless you think Rayleigh trained Luffy in some advanced form of Observation which Luffy hasn't used till date.
Then it's not basic? Basic observation haki is "sensing intent." None of that involves, "Seeing invisible people."

I thought he just blitzed upward faster than Queen could even notice and stayed by the roof, but it's looking more and more like he simply kept moving. That's why he looked exhausted and was randomly huffing by the time he reappeared by roof. Ig official translation would make it clearer.

Yeah, it's very impressive super speed because he was able to remain untraceable while moving around in the same room as Queen, and launch his new attacks at that speed as well.

C

Cuistot

Sanji lost. Queen was weakened from fighting Marco and nerfed by not taking Sanji seriously most of the fight.

Would you not be putting a difference of 10 to 9 at extreme diff? Or a very high-diff?

Those really do breach towards the point of near equality. Almost every argument in Sanji's favor come from narrative and portrayal, given the fact that he lacks feats for most parts, but even according to those, Zoro has a clear-cut narrative place (all the way from WG to ACoC and I can add many in-between) which sets him apart good enough to there being a visible gap with Zoro winning without anything grievous. Ofc, one can definitely say it'll not be a wash based off of those factors, or even mid-diff.

But arguing for anything above generic or possibly even borderline high-diff is sort of a reach.

To me, 10 to 9 is difference between something like Akainu and Fujitora/GB or something.
Do you not think Zoro and Sanji won't fight Admirals in the same arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.