Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't Big mom but rather in my opinion Oda who fail to show her true power. I mean Base Big mom, clash with Kaido,split the sky(without adv CoC) and shake the Island yet stronger and op Big Mom showing feats right now who are not even half of what she did in early. The problem overall is Oda, making underwhelmed pages about the battle.

Cheography, Visual and Impactful attacks are not seen in this chapter, Blackbeard vs Ace had great visual and impactful attacks.

Kid attacks looking pretty strong for damaging Big mom, but I miss the impactful effect of the attack.

I don't have problem with Big mom,in fact she tanking lot of strong attacks, I just miss the attacks who literally shake the island, having huge DC feats and showing Big mom Top Tier attacks.
Blame Oda, as I said before I believe one of the main reason why Oda isn't focusing that much on this fight is because it's not a SH focused fight.

Replace Kid and Law with Luffy, if this was a Luffy vs Big Mom chapter then a majority of the chapter would be focused on the fight.

Anyway outside of whatever the fuck this Grim reaper is, Oda is really playing up how fucked up Zoro is going to be… Like man’s is gonna need maybe a few weeks before jumping into another arc… Which supports my theory that there’s gonna be a mini time skip after Wano

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Lol forgetting that Luffy, Law and Kidd attacks are also far stronger

So if before he didn't do much , he's not doing better than SN trio either

At best he scars BM or kaido again and they fall off their feet this time.
They're weaker than Zoro's though. Zoro had stronger attacks than them before their power ups and he still maintains that record. All 3 of them have yet to outdo Dead Man's Game by themselves.

Zoro opens Kaido's guts with Dragon Damnation, forget about the attacks that are stronger, and it'd do worse to Big Mom.

Gonna be honest that fake Zoro fan bs i was on was exhausting

I didn’t have many braincells before but pretending to be a zoro fan is the most draining and brain damaging thing I’ve ever had to endure

it may even rival the “nothing happened” moment except mentally….I’m gonna go night night now

Sanji still>>>>Zoro

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I don't think it's a issue that they bad at dodging attacks . ( like in this chapter she turn her back on law and paid the price plus it 2 on 1 )
Kaido like to take hits but he can dodge and counter when he ready .
Like the whole last chapter about him doing another style of fighting .
Yeah, I agree. He can deal with attacks well if he wanted to but he's still not that good at evading attacks.

He literally drew her blowing another hole through the castle a couple of chapters ago
Yeah one move which she didn't yet used again. She must use adv CoC and her homies with full power. We know BM potential, having her closed in the castle is wrong, wano is a big country,let them fought outside with great feats.
I like King vs Zoro since it show a amazing and really destructive battle.

Big mom,Kid and Law deserve the same.
You can't close a lion in a cat cage, both Big mom and Kid deserve to fight outside like Kaido and Luffy.

Kid CoC was hyped, he damaging the sweet commander and stole something from BM, I hope Oda don't forget these points.

Overall I don't like the visual aspect,Big mom could shake the whole island with base form, yet in op version she can't do it again? I hope Oda give her a good fight who truly be deserve for a top tier.

Craziest thing is I’ve actually fooled Mods with my fake Zoro fan impression

all you have to do to pose as a Zoro fan is say dumb shit like “Grandmaster” or “King of hell” nonsense and you’re in….mfs eat it right up

Nope you guys started talking about zoro
Bashing Kidd to hype zoro

Stop trying to make it seem as Kidd fans are writing to cope

You yourself already wrote about zoro being better than them in your post I quote

Funny enough

Lol zoro fans are somehow
N
We don't need to bash Kid to Hype Zoro at all
I never used any other Character to Hype Zoro
My Post was 80% about Big Mom vs Kid & Law
And then i gave my Final Ranking, naming Five Top Characters of the Alliance
However your mind ignored everything & only saw the name "Zoro" mentioned there

Show me a single Panel where Kid or Law can Face Big Mom Head to Head?
Kid so far landed Three Attacks & all of them were when Big Mom was Distracted
Law so far landed Three Attacks also & all of them were when Big Mom was not facing him

If you want to compare, when Zoro wanted to face Kaidou head on
He called Kaidou & waited till he had his full attention on him & both prepared their Attacks & it was Zoro who Blitzed him & won that Duel
Saying that Scene is Irrelevant is like saying Zoro didn't Defeat T-Bone because they didn't spare & only clashed with One Technique

And that was Heavily Injured Zoro nerfed by Enma & before his Power-Up
Current Kid & Law already have their Power-Ups & yet they were Defeated in a Straight 2 v 1 Fight
To the point their Crews started begging her to stop attacking

The Chapter is about Big Mom vs Kid & Law so keep it about him
Mentioning Zoro will only make your Hole sink deeper & deeper
So forget about him, it's better for you

Last edited:
No i get that about the feeling, no prob there, but nobody would yearn for adventure this much if Oda balanced these arcs right and the execution was better.
The Yonkou saga necessarily putting the adventure down on the priority list is very logical within the context, Luffy was never supposed to coincidentally jump into Yonkou islands, but there was a lot Oda could do, and he tried to do in a certain extent (that´s why you got shitty sumo stuff, him traveling Wa No for a while and so forth) but the execution both from pacing and context simply sucks, not because it is lacking pirates.

Also, the comparison with Naruto, Bleach and FT falls flat. Naruto only cared about the ninja world and ninjas for its first two arcs, after that it was never about the life of ninjas but higher themes that fell flat since Kishi was not mature enough to tackle them.
Bleach had one arc about shinigami, rest was about other factions and their arcs always mirrored the shinigami arc.
Ironically, FT never aspiring to be more than it was in the beginning also let it stay true to its roots.
Thing with yonko saga is a decision that was made by the author...that is to make this saga and to make it such that MC will fight to defeat the enemy and that's how the plot will progress(What I mean is even without getting stronger or focussing on MC fighting WCI could have been used as a way to get allied with BM who then would have helped defeat Kaido. Though it won't fit now). And I believe the same to happen in future arcs. We are shown through Roger that it's not necessary to fight or defeat anyone to achieve or at least reach the end game...but right now I feel writing that route will probably take more creativity for oda and he is taking easy route which in Luffy's words is kick everyone's ass.
The comparison which I wanted to make with other series is this...like take any character(or lets call them people)...in Naruto if that person is ninja he does ninjutsu and is involved in an organization, in FT if he is a magician he uses some kind of magic, in Bleach if he is a shinigami we associate Zanpakto and shinigami skills with him. There is a distinction made because of the way the show's base is structured. It's a simple formula and works to attract readers as anyone can think of certain stories with that particular character. With one-piece there is no such thing. Pirates don't feel anything special. Their main thing is going on adventures to find treasure, fight with navy etc. And we have pretty much no such stories to tell except skypeia for SHs. It's not just that, but at least one piece strong point is that they have pirates who have different human skills like SHs and solve problems and adversaries using those skills...I mean if it was actually written to make it so. I think there was a special called Heart of Gold or something which basically did this..it was written such that each character used their specialty to help rather than fight people. Though can't expect much now from all. I doubt we get anything other than fights to solve issues and whatever mysteries are we just get them thrown at face without much effort in actively finding/solving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.