Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great chapter. Big Mom vs Supernova, Raizo vs Fukurokujo, Yamato vs Kazenbo, Zoro vs Reaper, four battles settled in one! BM earning a W in a cover of a chapter where she eats an L, telling us even at her worst you can never truly consider her a loser.
In what Katakuri would deem the most vulnerable and humiliating position, Big Mom on her back still looks invincible.:finally: An intense final chapter showing us how difficult it is to stick a fallen Yonko in the grave. Kid's analogy that rain drops can bore even through mountains goes well with Trafalgar D. Water Law making a special hole for Big Mom with Kid's beam pushing her in. No energy Law cutting a fearsome fire + lightning Misery with skills he possibly picked up from Kin'emon, then creating a Rosinante Room that can follow Big Mom and expand to silence a nuke is too broken. BM is often compared to Moria and her final resistance here leaving the Worst Gen unfazed reminded me of the Strawhat crew standing composed before Asgard Moria's last minute desperation as they knew the battle was over, even if it took external help with the giant mast of the Thriller Bark flattening Moria to make him give up. Too fitting that in her final moments, just like Whitebeard, Big Mom can only think of Roger.

Zoro in his metaphorical battle with Death is just taking a quick trip to hell. He'll be back before you know it. :catsweat:While all this suffering is going on, it's a nice twist that for once the innoccent masses remain oblivious and continue their Fire Festival undisturbed by a nuke. No rumbling, no bright firework-like flashes, no pile of smoke and dust rising into the sky tonight.

The long epic battle is finally over..
...with Raizo emerging as the victor. :kailaugh:

Honestly pretty savage to be stuck doing a badass pose as a man is burning and crying for help.

Big Mom confirms One Piece = Multiple Piece. I had my doubts and wasn't sure if Oda would give either side a decisive victory, sure enough Law & Kid win on their terms which was to keep BM away from the roof; nuked into a hole now covered in rubble. One of the bombs exploding wiped out Kazenbo and put Big Mom in disarray. A few more falling down created a blast that rose from a hole twice the height of Onigashima up into the clouds, easily dwarfing the 267 sword stabs + 152 bullets + 46 cannonballs that Whitebeard took. Big Mom goes down with a respect a Yonko deserves, Luffy's battle holds more weight as he could be the first to defeat a Yonko with fists, and the door is left slightly open should Oda want Big Mom to suffer a true defeat later.

As if a nuke couldn't be topped, the chapter ends with massive lore bomb. Questionable if Kazenbo is dead, but the guard dog of Wano gets credit for stalling it and making the ice wall stopping a chain reaction that could have annhilated Onigashima and much more. Momo revealing Zunisha was Joyboy's nakama has massive lore potential. It suggests he already talked to the elephant king and discovered its secrets, which won't change should it die in Wano. What kind of man Joyboy was. What was world was like 800+ years ago. With Big Mom questioning if part of One Piece is in Wano to reinforce why Kaido said it's special, post-Wano is set to the have the juiciest story revelations yet.

Oda did not draw Sanji this chap too. I am sad.

Zoro obviolusly is KOed state. But high probably , he will be saved somebody before falling ( high probable people is momo and yamato. He will meet Yamato first time. )

Great chapter, I like that it took way more effort to defeat Big Mom than with any of the other enemies in Onigashima, as it should be.
The best part for me was Law remembering Corazon, I think it made the fight feel more important for the character.
That double page spread of Law cutting Misery while Kid uses another damned punk was amazing. They were both pretty impressive in this fight.

And now this chapter concluded two of the things people cared the least about, Yamato stopping the Kazenbo and Raizo vs Fukurokuju.
I think Oda did a really good job with Raizo specially, the fight didn't take a lot of pages from other chapters and it was entertaining all the way through the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.