Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting how Law/Kid fans are civil with each other and you even see tons of Law fans defending Kid's performance in this fight...complete opposite of Zoro/Sanji fans

I wonder if it's because Law and Kid are actually supposed to be equally powerful but Oda did such a terrible job of making that happen that the Law fans feel bad

Big Mom cemented herself an absolute tank, but my goodness she has trash tier offense, her best homie got shat on by a fruitless Law. She didn't do a single impressive thing offensively in this entire fight. Not a damn thing.
Big Mom resistence was quite impressive but her offensive prowess overall...at one point it got so ridiculous that her attack seemed to pack the punch of a mosquito bite. Then there were other moves like Ikkoku which were dodged by everyone and their mothers. She used CoC offscreen but we have seen she largely prefers the homies.

Against top tiers with advanced haki, broken fruits, especially against logia top tiers...what is she doing to them? Lol.

Even in terms of pure endurance/ability to take damage when the hits actually connect (I think it's very hard to connect hits on certain top tiers)...there are people who take enraged Gura hits or eveything Kaido has been taking so far and just continue fighting like dogs.

The chapter was better than i expected. I might even consider it a win for Big mom, she gave the impression that she was invincible and couldn't be killed, truly befitting of a Yonko. Kidd's attack i gotta admit was kinda underwhelming but it's a yonko he was facing after all, even law's puncture wille wasn't enough to incapacitate her. I'm really wondering if kaido is gonna die, if he does though, i can't see luffy being the sole reason of his death considering he never killed anybody.

For the people complaining that Big mom didn't die, well for how long have you been reading one piece? A weakened Doflamingo didn't die after Kkg, Katakuri was still conscious after the fight, King Albert is definitely still alive after KoH Zoro, nothing new

ps. Still hoping for AdvCoC kidd :josad::lusalty:
AdvCoC only reserved to the very strongest
He aint that guy
Post automatically merged:

next time we meet Big Mom I think it will be a short fight. maybe Luffy and Shanks vs Big Mom?
Why would post wano luffy need shanks help vs linlin lol

Great Chapter:

- Law should receive a new nickname after this fight - The Amazing Law,
- If I had to compare Kid and Law's performance i would say: Law - 5/5 and Kid 3/5 - and showing them equal after this fight makes no sense.
- Zunisha and Joy Boy last page - bonkers.
- We have confirmation that Grim Reaper is not Brook,
- Kazenbo is gone,
- Ninja fight is over,

I wonder what's next with BM in Wano, i assume that she must be K.O - because what would stop her from coming back?
I am also curious whether Oda will show what will happen to her now - whether her children will find her and save her ?

:shocking::steef::finally::lumazed:
I think Linlin ends up wherever the Poneglyph is or ends up discovering something very important pertaining to One Piece on Wano, which will help Luffy & SHs latter on in the story. Fact that she wasn't truly defeated even though Oda is pushing the narrative of the new replacing the old feels to me like she still has a significant role to play in the story. Also her question whether there are answers about OP on Wano is also a bit sus.

I wonder if it's because Law and Kid are actually supposed to be equally powerful but Oda did such a terrible job of making that happen
I disagree. Oda DOES NOT want to portray Kid as equal to Law. Oda CAN make someone look impressive if he wants to. Look at Zoro. Or Sanji. Or Luffy. Or Law. If he wanted to, why wouldn't he? Since he has shown that he CAN do it even a few chapters ago.

It's almost as if Oda wants us to know that Kid is weak.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Big Mom resistence was quite impressive but her offensive prowess overall...at one point it got so ridiculous that her attack seemed to pack the punch of a mosquito bite. Then there were other moves like Ikkoku which were dodged by everyone and their mothers. She used CoC offscreen but we have seen she largely prefers the homies.

Against top tiers with advanced haki, broken fruits, especially against logia top tiers...what is she doing to them? Lol.

Even in terms of pure endurance/ability to take damage when the hits actually connect (I think it's very hard to connect hits on certain top tiers)...there are people who take enraged Gura hits or eveything Kaido has been taking so far and just continue fighting like dogs.
The mistake people make is thinking Big Mom is a fighter, she isn't. She's just some overgrown child that was naturally a top tier. She hasn't honed a single one of her weapons to perfection, she's not efficient in battle, that's what Oda is trying to portray for quite some time now. Her natural stats carry her, and that's fine that's how she's made to be, her ability to absorb damage is insane, but that one thing alone can't gift you victories against other top tiers. We sometimes forget this isn't an organized boxing arena, Big Mom has proven she's a top tier and that's good enough, she doesn't have to be able to defeat the other top tiers.

It's a very different take from the Admirals who are well oiled killing machines, built /trained for battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.