Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get full summary, cause probably there's something more in this chapter. This is great, getting the surprise just on the scans friday :cheers:

Chapter again proves that Kaido is a beast after 1 v 15 and now fighting and still putting down an AdCoC user.

Awakened users best bet was to push BM off an Island, cop-out W.

Which further proves that 2 AdCoC users > 1 AdCoC user and Kaido will lose with his "Always bet on Kaido" still in tact.

"But Zoro ain't a captain so no final fight"

Captain is just a title and we've seen a Captain v Non-Captain end in a draw before...

How many times has Zorojuro been compared to a Captain again?

ZKK is around the corner :kuzanshut:

I can give one example...like just take the current scenario itself...basically using the hole, kazenbo(or whatever), and the bombs....Oda could have written the plot in such a way that Law and Kidds aim was the same...i.e. get all the things in check(they are aware of bombs etc..) so that this current situation happened they fight to create this particular situation to defeat her and the whole fight was made to achieve it, rather than just attack her with new attacks left and right which could have used against Kaido too...but it's done in a very lazy manner and everything is just a coincidence....and it feels very lazy to a reader...like what is even there to appreciate from writing perspective the way it's written.
Wait so you have a problem especifically with her falling without it being a plan? They already did a plan about knocking her off the island before

The very end and final scenes will be awesome. But all that leads up to it will be a mess.
Oda can't even handle Onigashima war seriously, imagine how eos war will be.
Tbh it depends on how it's done. He makes it seem like the structure won't be the same (i.e. I will draw something never seen before). Of course that's an exaggeration, but Oda's outline for a final major arc has been around for 2 decades. The original plan was for the final arc to be a 5th of the full storyline:

From APForums, look at the fucking dates on these lol:

The whole world will be thrown into turmoil in the final arc."γ€€Asahi Evening Newspaper (26 November 1999)

Questioner: Many are looking forward to what happens next in One Piece could you give us a message for them?

Oda:: One thing that keeps me motivated to keep drawing One Piece is that I want to draw the last chapter. The last chapter is amazing! I imagine a final chapter that will make Marinefold arc look like nothing!

Questioner: Seriously?!

Oda:: The Marinefold arc really felt like a side trip to me. I didn't expect it to be so popular. So I don't know how readers will take this one. But the thing I think is interesting will be in that last chapter. Until then I would like as many of the fans as possible to stick with me. Eternal Log (2012)
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35262

"I was going to finish ONE PIECE within 5 years.
Every crew joins before Grand Line. (1- 1.5 year)
Great adventure (3 years)
Final arc (1 year)

If hes maintaining. That type of structure (outside of when the crew joins), then we still haven't left the "great adventure" portion of the story.

This is why I dont believe his 5 years left comment has to do with the final arc. He mentions it in relation to "Luffy's journey to one piece" , not serialization. This is why it makes sense he calls Marineford a side story, because it's not progress on Luffy's journey. The Final War technically won't be either.

Tldr this shit is going to be WAY bigger than Wano

It doesn't, because for the past 400~500 chapters Big Mom was setup to fall by Luffy's hands, did that happen? no, so her character arc in the story is still not done lol

Luffy has said he is gonna take down Big Mom so many times already

There was 0 conection between Big Mom and Law + Kidd
Luffy also said he would defeat the calamities, that Law woud join his crew and a lot of other things that didnt happen. The actual set up of the battle was for the new gen taking down the old, not to have Luffy do everything while everyone else just watches it from the side

Tbh it depends on how it's done. He makes it seem like the structure won't be the same (i.e. I will draw something never seen before). Of course that's an exaggeration, but Oda's outline for a final major arc has been around for 2 decades. The original plan was for the final arc to be a 5th of the full storyline:

From APForums, look at the fucking dates on these lol:

The whole world will be thrown into turmoil in the final arc."γ€€Asahi Evening Newspaper (26 November 1999)

Questioner: Many are looking forward to what happens next in One Piece could you give us a message for them?

Oda:: One thing that keeps me motivated to keep drawing One Piece is that I want to draw the last chapter. The last chapter is amazing! I imagine a final chapter that will make Marinefold arc look like nothing!

Questioner: Seriously?!

Oda:: The Marinefold arc really felt like a side trip to me. I didn't expect it to be so popular. So I don't know how readers will take this one. But the thing I think is interesting will be in that last chapter. Until then I would like as many of the fans as possible to stick with me. Eternal Log (2012)
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35262

"I was going to finish ONE PIECE within 5 years.
Every crew joins before Grand Line. (1- 1.5 year)
Great adventure (3 years)
Final arc (1 year)

If hes maintaining. That type of structure (outside of when the crew joins), then we still haven't left the "great adventure" portion of the story.

This is why I dont believe his 5 years left comment has to do with the final arc. He mentions it in relation to "Luffy's journey to one piece" , not serialization. This is why it makes sense he calls Marineford a side story, because it's not progress on Luffy's journey. The Final War technically won't be either.

Tldr this shit is going to be WAY bigger than Wano
He meant EOS, his editor clarified it in a later comment

but again his timelines are all over the place and he always end up adding extra stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.