Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Big Mom begins to take away the lifespan of some members of Kid Pirates and Heart Pirates but Law manages to stop her. Kid and Law stand between Big Mom and their nakamas. Big Mom tries to take away their lifespans too, but it has no effect on them.

Kid: "There's no need to be afraid of an old lady who is about to die!!"

Law uses a new technique called “R Room: Silent” which is inspired by Corazón's Nagi Nagi no Mi power. With it, Law creates a sphere around Big Mom that blocks the sounds she makes. This prevents Big Mom voice reaches their nakamas or Kaidou's subordinates.

Law: "This move erases all noise you create!!"
Sounds like a cool little scene of both captains protecting their Nakama. Also, I like the little homage to Cora's fruit. Making things silent can be a very useful ability in some cases. Also, Kid has a kickass line here as well.
:kidsmile:

Kid keeps shooting his “Damned Punk” at Big Mom until the floor collapse, Big Mom begins to fall. “Misery” tries to help Big Mom but Law cuts it down with his sword (without using Ope Ope no Mi power).
Law is using his sword without his DF? Prepare the Battledome with a Law vs Zoro swordfight. :myman:

Big Mom falls and reaches the basement armory, taking with her the bombs that Yamato froze and even the Kazenbou. Big Mom tries to grab something, but accidentally punches one of the frozen bombs, which explodes. The explosion destroys part of the lower area of Onigashima and the Kazenbou. Big Mom falls off the island.
Do you think she used AdvCoC on the bombs here? The forum would not be happy if that happened.
:saden:

Big Mom: "Roger, why did you make that kind of announcement before you died!?
Now I have to live with all these young pirates coming for my head!!
Why didn't you just say it before you die, Roger!?
What exactly is One Piece!!? And where is it!!?
Is it in “this country” as well!?"
I think this quote brings a lot of finality to this fight, shows how much trouble and grief Kid and Law have given her. The line about "is it in 'this county' as well" is really interesting and could potentially say a lot of things here.
:zorothink:

We see the reaction of some characters in Onigashima to the explosion. Zoro falls when island shakes (no sign of grim reaper). Orochi wonders what is going on. On the 3rd floor we see that the battle between Raizou and Fukurokuju is ending. Fukurokuju is lying on the ground screaming and asking for water, Raizou is still standing.
So the grim reaper is gone then? Saying that Zoro falls implies that he was standing up beforehand. Now I'm really interested in what happened here.
:crazwhat:
When Big Mom looks up, a huge explosion takes place inside Wanokuni's hole. Big Mom disappears in the middle of the smoke. The explosion is larger in size than the Flower Capital, but thanks to Law's technique, the sound of the explosion doesn't reach the city.
So Oda is making it so that the Flower Capital citizens are not noticing the events going on in Onigashima at all? I wonder why that is...
0 chance Big Mom is dead but I'm assuming this is enough to keep her down until the end of the arc.
:bamathink:

Seems like a really interesting chapter overall.
:goyea:

Status
Not open for further replies.