Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oda ensures that, then I'll likely have no issues with this down the line

But I'm not gonna hold back my critiques for what's going on in the present just because there's a chance for things to be rectified years down the line, as I have no qualms with changing my stance
Unfortunately that's just how it is when you have to read a story on a week to week basis. For some people it's easy to brush these things off until we get the full picture. I'd rather piece together scenarios in my head as to how and why it can make sense down the line, rather than let that stuff annoy me in the present. Oda has done plenty of things that I didn't agree with in the moment, but when it all came together, it all made sense. So now I just ride with it, and see where these things go.

@Paperchampion23 any modifications to the theory shanks told the gorosei about luffy's fruit yet
or no
Not sure. Oda likes to have characters talk about stuff out of context, so I have no idea.

Something clearly changed in 1037. They weren't concerned about Luffy until Zunisha showed up.

The thing is, Shanks is the person who stole the fruit in the first place. Hes also the one talking to the Gorosei right before Wano after seeing Luffy's bounty.

Basically i have a strong deduction he told them "something" about Luffy. It only became about the fruit/awakening after 1041, but really I've been thinking about this generically for 4 years (could be totally about something else about Luffy for example)

The ancient Kingdom’s name IS INFORMATION… Same way everything on the Poneglyphs is information… The WG doesn’t want Information to get out… Such as information on the ancient weapons that come hand in hand with information about the Ancient kingdom

this isn’t what this Nika business is… Nika isn’t anything to anyone… Someone being told “There is a mythical DF of some ancient god” means nothing… People in Wano literally call Kaido a deity because of his mythical Zoan… There’s a Buddha god mythical Zoan in the Marines… It’s just a df…

How so? We literally had Who's Who tell us that Nika means something to prisoners and slaves. Jinbei's reaction confirm that Fishman also knows about him, but Who's Who is talking without understanding it. The fact that Sun God is mentioned in both Elbaf and Sky Island indicates that yes, that he actually means something to people and his very existense or real name is also information.

I mean I could counter you and say "Will anyone actually cares if they learnt that there was a kingdom called "Kingdom of morons"?" It's not like the name itself will tell anyone anything about it, right?

rather than discussing powerscaling and shit

here is a theory:

what if the reason Kaido cant die is because the will of the fruit isnt letting it happen? in Luffy's case, the zoan will kept him from dying or at least brought him back and awakened him

maybe Kaido's dragon will stops him from dying at all points

I think there is mistake on oda part.

for this to make more sense for the general audience, he has to explain more regarding devil fruit origin, perhaps a page or some panel back in reverie or the act break.

Some of us that are massive nerds can kinda imply or assumed what happened, thus be patient regarding this nika fruit.

Like the awakening is clearly a paramecias awakening and not zoans.

More explanation regarding zoans will is also nice because us one piece nerds can kinda see is already back in alabasta, but general audience maybe brushed it off

Status
Not open for further replies.