Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I liked the resin theory a lot more. It gives Luffy's fruit a slight twist but still holds true to the concept of Luffy becoming extremely powerful by being creative with a rather ordinary fruit

I think the looney tunes stuff is really funny but it kinda minimizes the stakes/tension that are on this fight, especially because Kaido is Luffy's greatest adversary thus far and he has done some terrible things to the people of Wano

In general I disagree with people who think Luffy was never a chosen one but I feel it could have been implemented in a less extreme manner (i.e. not having Luffy be a literal deity with obscure powers limited mostly by his own imagination lol)
Agree with you especially on the stake stuff. Maybe Oda does it since its near the end so he want to instill hope and joy as much as possible but it lower the tension instead. Imo if only the toon world stuff only applied to Luffy and not affecting the form his enemies into gags, it may be wiser as an author lol at least Luffy's own body still has that toon force.

I also feel that this toon power is too much rooted from the fruit instead of Luffy's creativity or invention etc, so it still feels too taken for granted for now.

Why are the Zoro fans hating on the chapter:luffywat:fleetwat
The problem isn't with Zoro fans, but more with people who were not thrilled about Nika's Loony Force. Even I can tell this goofyness is too much, and it will greatly affect all Luffy future matches. But yeah, I can't really complain. One piece pre-TS has always been goofy. To be honest, it just surprises me that Oda reintroduced all of this suddenly. Let alone with more gag power. Right now, I'm still unsure about how I feel about this; I still need more chapters to decide. I just find this direction to be a little disappointing.

Ngl hate that his fruit is a zoan makes me like luffy a bit less now that I know that him getting back up all this time sense the beginning of the story was cuz he is a zoan not just cuz of his will power also hate how fast he got up wished kaido actually killed some of the fodder so that I can actually feel something for these characters but nah orochi stuff was meh tho I like what kanjiro did

Probably next chapter or even next one.

Ame probably is now with Denjiro, Hitetsu or... Hiyori hidden it somewhere in this room.
I have a theory that it might be momo (as the spitting image of Oden), who finds the blade and does it. But I guess he'll have to stop pulling the island.....eventually.

But you might be right, no idea tbh

Unconscious + bandages = extreme diff :kayneshrug:
Well for Sanji case it wasn’t the fight itself but it was the sudden genetic activation and the new power up what caused him to go unconscious
Outside of that the fight with Queen was generally a mid diff
And Oda always draws the bandages in the exact same manner whether it was after a serious fight or not (with exception of the cross bandaged Zoro which was more of a gag)

How so? We literally had Who's Who tell us that Nika means something to prisoners and slaves. Jinbei's reaction confirm that Fishman also knows about him, but Who's Who is talking without understanding it. The fact that Sun God is mentioned in both Elbaf and Sky Island indicates that yes, that he actually means something to people and his very existense or real name is also information.

I mean I could counter you and say "Will anyone actually cares if they learnt that there was a kingdom called "Kingdom of morons"?" It's not like the name itself will tell anyone anything about it, right?
There is no sun god in Elbaf… People were taking the celebration of the solstice in Big mom’s flashback and extrapolating a sun god when it’s simply a celebration of the seasons

Need I remind you, this carries priority over Kaido… this is a bigger deal than the yonko… Do you think random fishmen and random skypieans matter more than yonko?

also this isn’t even a skypiean thing… it’s a SHANDORA thing… The skypieans only worshipped Enel and Ganfall… It’s the shandorans who are VERY FEW That worshipped a sun god

so you see, this isn’t big enough to matter that much compared to a yonko… and again, informs about the ancient kingdom leads to information about the ancient weapons… The Poneglyphs are actually dangerous because they lead to actual physical danger to the WG

I think there is mistake on oda part.

for this to make more sense for the general audience, he has to explain more regarding devil fruit origin, perhaps a page or some panel back in reverie or the act break.

Some of us that are massive nerds can kinda imply or assumed what happened, thus be patient regarding this nika fruit.

Like the awakening is clearly a paramecias awakening and not zoans.

More explanation regarding zoans will is also nice because us one piece nerds can kinda see is already back in alabasta, but general audience maybe brushed it off

Actually, it's the nerds, including me, that search for more explanations rather than casual fans. Casual fans don't really care and just consume anything and moves on happily.

You can see it with the average AOT fan that didn't pay much attention to the story or shippers. Or with Naruto's more casual fans or even GOT. That's why these shows that no matter what they fuck up, casual fans don't really care about it.

Not an insult to them, but it is what it is.

If it's Imu you have to ask why didn't he alert the gorosei earlier? They carry out his will. Also considering they say they try to capture it in every era i don't think they need shanks to inform them of that or Imu
It's more the question of why they were concerned until the moment zunisha arrived.

Like look at the 1037 dialogue on the last page It starts with the dreadlocks Gorosei saying "No...that's impossible!" As if they don't believe the rumor about the devil fruit.

Something is definitely off here, which is why I think we lack context as to how or why they are concerned about it right now.

I still think Shanks told them something, but only at 1041 did I think it could be about this. For example, maybe he told them that Luffy has it and believes he is getting close to awakening it, something they didnt believe, until they saw Zunisha, Joyboy's companion, show up.

But even that is weird, because it doesn't seem like Zunisha is really public knowledge (or a threat) to anyone. Like, this whole time, they've never talked about the elephant, only Luffy

Idk, I'm more confused than anything at this rate lol. Oda needs to explain why they became concerned only after 1037. The page before on the same chapter, they were still talking about capturing Robin

Oda seriously expects us to believe:

-> The Gomu Gomu is so dangerous that the Gorosei would literally anger a Yonko and sacrifice a top agent to stop it from awakening.

-> The Gorosei never thought to do anything about it, even when Cypher Pol, warlords, and even freaking Navy HQ were facing the SHs.

Guys, this is horse shit. If you actually gave a damn about the story you should be insulted by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.