Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Well, OP always had that theme tho. We knew since the beginning Luffy was lucky. This is why I am more indifferent here than compared to Naurto who was portrayed as this hard working student only to take that way later.

Luffy is first of all a pirate.
Yeah Luffy being a D and a Monkey D wasn’t a big deal for me, I didn’t really care and didn’t diminish my interest/appeal for the character
It became to be bad when the whole prophecy thing came up and it’s becoming worse and worse.

It’s not a problèm for Luffy to be special but to be THAT special is a problem for me. It undermines the characters and what he does. I wanted Luffy to succeed thanks to his own merit not because everything was given to him on a silver plate.

In the translation of panini kaido it says "become joyboy", implying that it really is a title and not reincarnation.
Or Kaido this whole moment was simply telling us that Luffy is not a joyboy because at the moment of death he didn't wake up, which is the case when he was thrown into the sea.
The second one ist more likely, cause when do you stop being able to become something? He was sure that he is not Joyboy, but why shouldn’t he able to become? I mean if it was a title. Only option is that Joyboy is a title he has no interest in

Marines: "There’s a new Pirate named Monkey D.Luffy. He defeated Sir Crocodile. He has the Gum Gum fruit."

Gorosei: "What a D. , the most dangerous bloodline, with the Gum Gum fruit we’ve been hunting for 800 years? Hmm let’s wait for another 2 years."

After Marineford

Marines: " Monkey D.Luffy is a serious threa..-"

Gorosei: “ WE ARE GONNA WAIT!!! "

Great writing

Marines: "There’s a new Pirate named Monkey D.Luffy. He defeated Sir Crocodile. He has the Gum Gum fruit."

Gorosei: "What a D. , the most dangerous bloodline, with the Gum Gum fruit we’ve been hunting for 800 years? Hmm let’s wait for another 2 years."

After Marineford

Great writing
Relax we don’t know when they found out about the name change

After Marineford

Great writing
I mean...... i could see the goverment of my country doing that
:suresure:

After Marineford

Great writing
Maybe Akainu knew some shit
:kayneshrug:

Granted, there still 100% is context missing

We don't know why they went from Robin to Luffy in 1 page of the same chapter when Zunisha showed up. We don't know what made them go "wtf, kill Luffy now" basically
Actually that's the key piece missing here. They changed the order in the middle of fight. Some thing must've happened. They might have learnt about Nika just then and tried to do damage control. But it's too late already.

Relax we don’t know when they found out about the name change
They shit their pants because of Ace but couldn’t hunt a D. Clan member who has "similar" abilities to Nika, attacked Enies Lobby, has a STRAW HAT and became a great pirate within a short period?
After Marineford it was even known that Luffy is Dragon son… Dragon is the biggest foe of the WG.

Status
Not open for further replies.