Rate

• Total voters
Then whom do you care about?
Naruto
Post automatically merged:

BB, Akainu, Vegapunk, ancient weapons, etc.
You know, characters that actually matter.
Fat guy, fodder, asspull, triple asspull

So I should care about the last minute nerds who are like "OMG THIS DUDE THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT AND NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE AND ITS FUCKING BROKEN OMG SO GOOD. PEAK FICTION"?
I thought you liked vegapunk:choppawhat:

chapter discussion thread is barely discussing the chapter
awful sign
No one ever discusses the chapter. It's always 4000 posts of Zoro vs Sanji and 3000 posts of "this thing I spend 40 hours a week reading an watching and talking about is the worst thing ever, anyone who spends time on it is stupid, except me I'm smart for wasting my time on stuff I don't even like"

Come back for chapter discussion when Zoro wakes up or Sanji faints again

I am having fun. Said repeatedly wano has been my favorite arc and I'm in for as long as it's going to go. At this point the only things that could disappoint me are if it's only 3 acts and Luffy just beats kaido with a big punch in the next few chapters. Theres too much shit to think it can just be resolved that quickly.

Wano is the beginning of the final 1/3rd of one piece. I don't care how long it is as long as it resolves the relevant plotlines. The worst possible thing for wano would be to end right now.
The fact that you think this is anywhere near the beginning of the final part of OP is hilarious but go off

I wish I had more to say about chapter 1048, but it felt like I was reading a recap instead of seeing any sort of progress.

First of all, I really thought that Luffy’s attack was going to land. Instead I need to wait until hopefully the next chapter. I think both attacks look cool. I also learned many things about Hinduism in the spoiler thread. Also I am glad that Kaido is taking Luffy’s attack head on. The WSC definitely isn’t afraid of Luffy’s gear 5.

Usopp, it’s ok, Kin and Kiku aren’t dead.

The flashback didn’t reveal anything new, but the focus on the noose was pretty dark. I read the flashback as Hyori remembering all of the suffering the people of Wano experienced under Orochi and Kaido’s rule. I knew that Denjiro had to return, but I wish Oda had given us more build up towards it.

My favorite part was seeing the lanterns. I hope Momo will see the lanterns because I really want that to be the last thing that inspires and fills him with confidence. However, I am afraid that Oda will make Momo read each lantern and cries for a multitude of reasons before he finally moves Onigashima.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Naruto

Fat guy, fodder, asspull, triple asspull

I thought you liked vegapunk:choppawhat:

No one ever discusses the chapter. It's always 4000 posts of Zoro vs Sanji and 3000 posts of "this thing I spend 40 hours a week reading an watching and talking about is the worst thing ever, anyone who spends time on it is stupid, except me I'm smart for wasting my time on stuff I don't even like"

Come back for chapter discussion when Zoro wakes up or Sanji faints again
Hurr durr fodder hurr durr neg diff hurr durr.
what's with Vegapunk? He's been mentioned for a long time. He's not a "last minute asspull' in any sense of this. What the fuck are you questioning about what I've said?

Discuss what dude? Flashback that Wano is fucked up? We know that. We've seen that. That Orochi got decapitated? We've seen it as well. Twice, actually. Kaido ass pulling some new power from his fruit right after saying that "haki>everything"? The third chapter in a row with panels of Luffy and Kaido looking at each other? The "non-touching" explanation that we already know as well?

This is a filler chapter. Literally NOTHING has moved forward. Momo crying because he got huge expectations put on him is not new. He even went on the "artificially make me older" trash move to solve it and is still crying.

I'm gonna discuss the chapter when something that actually matters being discussed happens.
There's N-O-T-H-I-N-G on this chapter. A BIG. FAT. PILE. OF. REPEATS.

what's with Vegapunk? He's been mentioned for a long time. He's not a "last minute asspull' in any sense of this. What the fuck are you questioning about what I've said?

Discuss what dude? Flashback that Wano is fucked up? We know that. We've seen that. That Orochi got decapitated? We've seen it as well. Twice, actually. Kaido ass pulling some new power from his fruit right after saying that "haki>everything"? The third chapter in a row with panels of Luffy and Kaido looking at each other? The "non-touching" explanation that we already know as well?

This is a filler chapter. Literally NOTHING has moved forward. Momo crying because he got huge expectations put on him is not new. He even went on the "artificially make me older" trash move to solve it and is still crying.

I'm gonna discuss the chapter when something that actually matters being discussed happens.
We’ve had 4 filler chapters in a row but some people would rather wank Oda and not criticise the series in anyway

I wish I had more to say about chapter 1048, but it felt like I was reading a recap instead of seeing any sort of progress.
This is an excellent way to put it. Even Orochi getting beheaded (again) doesn't feel like it's progressing the plot at all because of all the death fakeouts that have occurred in this arc. My hope is that revisiting a lot of the flashbacks at once means that they won't come up again, but that may be overly optimistic of me.
At least the cover story is somewhat interesting. It's good to see Cracker again.

He was a last minute asspull when he came out. Oh man an epic scientist who knows 600 years ahead of tech.

I'm joking around but you can say that shit about anything if it only just got shown for the first time. When vegapunk first got mentioned it was out of nowhere.

The fact that you think this is anywhere near the beginning of the final part of OP is hilarious but go off
Op very likely ending around chapter 1560

Facts. Although....I think there is a reason for Oda doing all this

And it's none other than....he was stalling for 1049 :myman:

This is an excellent way to put it. Even Orochi getting beheaded (again) doesn't feel like it's progressing the plot at all because of all the death fakeouts that have occurred in this arc. My hope is that revisiting a lot of the flashbacks at once means that they won't come up again, but that may be overly optimistic of me.
At least the cover story is somewhat interesting. It's good to see Cracker again.
I feel like we haven’t seen Cracker in forever. I like your optimism. Maybe the flashbacks have served their purpose and we can let the arc progress toward its end.

G

Gorosei Informer

It's interesting that all of Luffy's opponents have willingly chosen to confront his ultimate attacks, when they didn't have to.

Doflamingo challenged KKG head on
Cracker challenged Tankman head on
Katakuri challenged King Cobra head on
Kaido challenging Bajrang Gun
Outstanding maneuver by them.

:smart:

G

Gorosei Informer

It's the only copium to explain the last 4 chapters :josad:
Imagine if Oda actually revealed that Gear 5, especially the toon powers were unplanned? It being a mythical zoan too?

I would LOVE the fallout from that.

Things feel very off in this arc at times with pacing and writing decisions, we know the rooftop fight for 1000 was unplanned too, so it makes me wonder what else is unplanned too...

The number fetish is probably the most likely answer but Oda also desperately may be trying to buy time to decide the best way to deal with Kaido, his fate and how he should be defeated and thus if he dies too.

Imagine if Oda actually revealed that Gear 5, especially the toon powers were unplanned? It being a mythical zoan too?

I would LOVE the fallout from that.

Things feel very off in this arc at times with pacing and writing decisions, we know the rooftop fight for 1000 was unplanned too, so it makes me wonder what else is unplanned too...

The number fetish is probably the most likely answer but Oda also desperately may be trying to buy time to decide the best way to deal with Kaido, his fate and how he should be defeated and thus if he dies too.
read up on kabuki plays. none of the pacing and writing decisions feel foreign to kabuki, characters are introduced in the middle of the play with no warning, fights go on forever and participants join and leave and join again, deaths are faked out and then people come back, there are ridiculous amounts of dual identities and secret betrayals, the casts are gigantic and large amounts of time is spent away from the "main" characters etc. wano is a tribute to jidaimono samurai plays and period dramas and oda is referencing almost every "great" kabuki play at once. this is a long, long arc meant to have a lot of twists and turns.

its probably the riskiest thing hes ever done with one piece because none of this shit is popular anymore. no one runs full kabuki plays in japan anymore and no one wants to sit through the extreme length of these ancient plays. any kabuki staged today in modern japan won't even do a whole play at once, just a best-of compilation of the most famous scenes from that play. sometimes its even cut down further to a collection of scenes from multiple different plays. even though im enjoying it a lot, i can see the audience fatigue. Dressrosa was already too long for many people weekly and Wano will likely end up almost if not actually twice as long.