Rate

• Total voters
Well to be honest part of me is fine with fight prolonging. Kaido is a character who was set up in Thriller barks. Tried to interfere in marine ford. Main key player behind Doflamingo in punk hazard. Dressrosa was almost like a start of wano saga. And then wano. When of half of the wano kaido wasn't even shown properly. And moment the raid begun it's all about kaido. Kaido has been set up as the best villain so far and a man who lived upto it's heights or even above it. Kaido seriously Enjoying this as of now. Start wano he was all into drinking and suicidal. Start of Raid he was angry. Now he is just smiling with every cliffhanger and enjoying the fight. Kaido already said he has lost everything in this war. And he is the final one standing. He is going all out enjoying himself. Till either he is defeated or defeats the whole alliance alone. One thing hyped me when Kaido character was introduced was, The voice actor was same as Kurama from Naruto. Such beasts have same Voice actors. Also the fight choreography as legit insane. Filler are there in anime so that There isn't any sort of hiatus with anime and thsts why manga and anime can't go hand in hand. Mange need to have a lead above Anime and filler makes sure anime doesn't reaches manga. Wano being prolonged is justified with such a powerful villain. No anime out there actually features a main character loosing to the same antagonist 4 times in a row in a single Arc. When oda said he is the strongest he proved it.
Post automatically merged:

1,047 - The Skies Above The Capital
1,048 - 20 Years
1,049 - Let's guess what title Oda will give to Zoro chapter
Warrior of ......?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
So if ZKK happens, then it will be in 1050 or 1051 unless Kaido takes two days to wake up after taking Luffy's punch.
It will happen in chapter 1056. Too far away?
Not if you add 4-5 chapters of Kaido's flashback in between.
The ZKK may start earlier if that is what triggers Kaido's life to flash before his eyes.

Regarding the Grim Reaper plotline, I think it is finished.
Based on what Zoro said in Arlong Park and what "Grim Reaper" said back in Ringo...
In Ringo, the Grim Reaper who impaled Zoro with his scythe said "I cant pull it out".

Meanwhile, Zoro in Arlong Park said "Not even Grim Reaper can take my soul away".
Put two and two together and we have the answer - Death failed to claim Zoro.
Or as Sanjino said - that thing is hard to kill. :kuzanshut:

It’s obvious Zkk isn’t happening

The wishes for orochi : make him disappear

The wishes for kaido: plz defeat him

No death wishes for kaido , also luffy and kaido are in the sky right now , queen and king were both sent off the island so their captain is next

It will happen in chapter 1056. Too far away?
Not if you add 4-5 chapters of Kaido's flashback in between.
The ZKK may start earlier if that is what triggers Kaido's life to flash before his eyes.

Regarding the Grim Reaper plotline, I think it is finished.
Based on what Zoro said in Arlong Park and what "Grim Reaper" said back in Ringo...
In Ringo, the Grim Reaper who impaled Zoro with his scythe said "I cant pull it out".

Meanwhile, Zoro in Arlong Park said "Not even Grim Reaper can take my soul away".
Put two and two together and we have the answer - Death failed to claim Zoro.
Or as Sanjino said - that thing is hard to kill. :kuzanshut:
Grim reaper plot feels like it's related to ENMA. Visual representation of enma ( God/king of underworld )

G

Gorosei Informer

Who knew Luffys first proper fight vs a Yonko would be so dull, disappointing and disheartening.
At thus point I'm unironically rooting for Kaido as I'm fucking sick of goofy Luffy.

Luffy vs Katakuri was much longer but far more interesting exciting, compelling, fun etc imo.

This feels like Groundhog Day instead. Extremely repetitive, dragged out and inconsequential as fuck.

"5 minutes till Namek explodes, I mean Onigashima falls."

I was rampant defending Momonosuke before for some insane reason but i unironically want him dead now.

Aging him up barely made a difference so far. What a pointless sacrifice. You can argue he's delaying Onigashima falling but if Luffy does actually defeat Kaido like he's supposed to, isn't Onigashima just going to fall anyway?

It's funny Oda keeps referencing Wano as Hell because that's what reading this narrative equivalent of purgatory feels like.
And I thought Dressrosa and post tea party except Katakuri fight of WCI were BAD, sigh....

I was worried that Luffy vs his 1st Yonko properly or Kaido specifically would be as long as the Katakuri fight at least but ironically this is much shorter AFAIK but is feeling much longer.

Someone called this arc a dystopian AU and I think Oda did want it to have the dystopian feel ofc but he's trying way too hard now and it's affecting the readers for the wring reasons or a "little too effectively" or in a meta way.

The best parts of this arc are outside of the arc itself, the "intermissions" or "ad breaks". How fucking ironic is that? A few chapters of Reverie were far more compelling, exciting, enticing etc than the entireity of post TS especially this arc too.

I know this is gonna provoke a lot of return fire towards me, insults, arguments, accusations but fuck it, I really don't care anymore.

There's a trope called Darkness Induced Audience Apathy and another one called Arc Fatigue and they feel completely apt in this situation, especially the latter ofc.

Kaido and this arc deserve far better than this. Kaido is still hype as fuck but also still a complete mess and nowhere near as fleshed out as a character as he needs and deserves to be too. Which is a shame too as he's so fascinating and has such great dialogue and speeches. He reminds me of Doffy, Enel and Croc for those reasons and why I do enjoy Odas villains.

I like how we've gone back to bigger and stronger punches again and haki being wanked off again after that Gear 5th Sun God Nika Joyboy whatever hype reveal that feels so underwhelming now ironically.

Also Luffy goofing off when Wano citizens are about to have a flying island dropped on them, full of explosives as the metaphorical nuclear bombings on Japan for them. 20 years of slavery, starving to death, driven to suicide and familicide, humiliation, despair, tyranny BUT MUH FUNNY TOON POWERS AND CARTOON NOSTALGIA LMFAOOOOOOOO.

Fuck this arc man. Absolute curse on the series and the biggest, most damning and meta example of what's wrong with this series as a whole too, especially post TS.

Luffy vs Kaido and its bipolar identity crisis with DFs and Haki is extremely confusing and frustrating. Kaido even relying on his DF again after wanking haki and saying DFs are not enough/inferior/unneeded.

Unironically the worst fight I've ever seen, not just in One Piece either. Luffy vs Wapol and Foxy were better fucking fights than this. Even both of his Bellamy fights.

This is the shit Bleach got made fun of for too, the back and forth, the "my power counters yours but yours counters mine no but wait I counters you again and vice versa".

Can't wait for Cockroachi to still be alive after all of this too. If he's actually permanently dead this time despite barely knowing how his DF works and what it's do, then good fucking riddance and thank fuck, finally too.

Anyway, I wonder how many insults for these clearly heretical comments about OP I'll get this time? If only I could become a complete cultist, alas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling Orochi will awaken and be taken over by his fruit's spirit like those guards back in Impel Down.

Orochi is the real last of boss of the arc. When everything seems to be lost, he'll be beheaded over the sky of the flower capital by a Hero that carries his ancester's will.

ZKO incoming. :finally:

I was rampant defending Momonosuke before for some insane reason but i unironically want him dead now.
Zoro wakes up. Kills the wrong dragon.

Zkk fans : happy.
Remaining community : happy.
I found the perfect way everyone would be happy.
Post automatically merged:

It was Oda's intern's work..oda did not review it
Intern looking at WG comments:
Source?

Zoro is near death, how on earth is he going to kill kaido?

But all of this is just silly. Luffy said he will fight till he dies, zoan awakening allows him to do that. In what world does it make sense for Zoro, who is literally near death, to recover, but awakened zoan Luffy not to?
because luffy too fucking weak and zoro too fucking strong. aint you saw king vs zoro last panel editors comment abou "even dragons will torn a apart"

luffys millions of attack wont do that

there is level to dod this shit

Who knew Luffys first proper fight vs a Yonko would be so dull, disappointing and disheartening.
At thus point I'm unironically rooting for Kaido as I'm fucking sick of goofy Luffy.

Luffy vs Katakuri was much longer but far more interesting exciting, compelling, fun etc imo.

This feels like Groundhog Day instead. Extremely repetitive, dragged out and inconsequential as fuck.

"5 minutes till Namek explodes, I mean Onigashima falls."

Aging him up barely made a difference so far. What a pointless sacrifice. You can argue he's delaying Onigashima falling but if Luffy does actually defeat Kaido like he's supposed to, isn't Onigashima just going to fall anyway?

It's funny Oda keeps referencing Wano as Hell because that's what reading this narrative equivalent of purgatory feels like.
And I thought Dressrosa and post tea party except Katakuri fight of WCI were BAD, sigh....

I was worried that Luffy vs his 1st Yonko properly or Kaido specifically would be as long as the Katakuri fight at least but ironically this is much shorter AFAIK but is feeling much longer.

Someone called this arc a dystopian AU and I think Oda did want it to have the dystopian feel ofc but he's trying way too hard now and it's affecting the readers for the wring reasons or a "little too effectively" or in a meta way.

The best parts of this arc are outside of the arc itself, the "intermissions" or "ad breaks". How fucking ironic is that? A few chapters of Reverie were far more compelling, exciting, enticing etc than the entireity of post TS especially this arc too.

I know this is gonna provoke a lot of return fire towards me, insults, arguments, accusations but fuck it, I really don't care anymore.

There's a trope called Darkness Induced Audience Apathy and another one called Arc Fatigue and they feel completely apt in this situation, especially the latter ofc.

Kaido and this arc deserve far better than this. Kaido is still hype as fuck but also still a complete mess and nowhere near as fleshed out as a character as he needs and deserves to be too. Which is a shame too as he's so fascinating and has such great dialogue and speeches. He reminds me of Doffy, Enel and Croc for those reasons and why I do enjoy Odas villains.

I like how we've gone back to bigger and stronger punches again and haki being wanked off again after that Gear 5th Sun God Nika Joyboy whatever hype reveal that feels so underwhelming now ironically.

Also Luffy goofing off when Wano citizens are about to have a flying island dropped on them, full of explosives as the metaphorical nuclear bombings on Japan for them. 20 years of slavery, starving to death, driven to suicide and familicide, humiliation, despair, tyranny BUT MUH FUNNY TOON POWERS AND CARTOON NOSTALGIA LMFAOOOOOOOO.

Fuck this arc man. Absolute curse on the series and the biggest, most damning and meta example of what's wrong with this series as a whole too, especially post TS.

Luffy vs Kaido and its bipolar identity crisis with DFs and Haki is extremely confusing and frustrating. Kaido even relying on his DF again after wanking haki and saying DFs are not enough/inferior/unneeded.

Unironically the worst fight I've ever seen, not just in One Piece either. Luffy vs Wapol and Foxy were better fucking fights than this. Even both of his Bellamy fights.

This is the shit Bleach got made fun of for too, the back and forth, the "my power counters yours but yours counters mine no but wait I counters you again and vice versa".

Can't wait for Cockroqchi to still be alive after all of this too. If he's actually permanently dead this time despite barely knowing how his DF works and what it's do, then good fucking riddance and thank fuck, finally too.

Anyway, I wonder how many insults for these clearly heretical comments about OP I'll get this time? If only I could become a complete cultist, alas.

Seriously though, I agree mostly with your post. The Kaido fight and the arc as a whole feels repetitive and lacklaster overall.

That's why I really believe we still haven't reached the arc's real climax till now. I wouldn't be surprised if Wano reaches the 200 chapters mark in the end, eventhough I'm really tired of this arc already.

The Dawn is still a bit further away from us.

G

Gorosei Informer

Zoro wakes up. Kills the wrong dragon.

Zkk fans : happy.
Remaining community : happy.
I found the perfect way everyone would be happy.
Yeah I saw a joke like that a while ago on here, I would unironically love that now as a sort of dark humour and tragedy moment. Oden's children are so fucking disappointing.

Can't believe a character pike momo Ends up with a fruit completely similar to kaido. Kaido is top tier at the moment. I don't even want to see what future momo would do with this fruit who can't even make Flame clouds as of now. And I really hope he doesn't end up with Conqueror haki. Out of all the people momo really isn't the one who deserves it. I'm better with either Franky/Jimbei or even sanji with Conqueror. But not momo , that guy doesn't deserve it. He's just being a bitch now. Part of me believ3s he isnt worthy enough to be shogun either. Kinemon would do a better job than him. Or even tama could do things better than him. Tama been more useful than momo since he was intorduced.

Seriously though, I agree mostly with your post. The Kaido fight and the arc as a whole feels repetitive and lacklaster overall.

That's why I really believe we still haven't reached the arc's real climax till now. I wouldn't be surprised if Wano reaches the 200 chapters mark in the end, eventhough I'm really tired of this arc already.

The Dawn is still a bit further away from us.
That makes it even worse cause what is the point of what we are reading rn. Fucking filler