Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Oda fucked up by making Kaido finish the fight in his Zooan form, surrounded by flames at that. Of course it's going to be much more harder to move someone that hard.

If he finished in base/hybrid, we could have gotten much more environmental destruction. Imagine Kaido crashing into Wano at top speed and his body making a massive crater.

After reading it again and thinking about it, this really can't be the end.

I have complained a lot about Oda's post-skip writing, but if it really ends like this, his storywriting truly turned to shit (and I mean that exactly like I say it without exaggerating).

Literally everything is anticlimatic rn:

- Nobody actually saw Kaidou's downfall
- What about the teasered "victory cry?"
- What about his awakening?
- What about all this talk about how people only lose faith when they see their hero lose in front of their eyes?
- What about his Oni background (teasered to be important in his dialogue with Yamato)?
- What are his real motives for staying in Wano that long (this chapter didn't explain at all why he deemed Wano "special")?

If this is the end, wtf did Oda think? He would've left a shitton of plotholes open (and those are only A FEW concerning Kaidou alone, I didn't even talk about all the other plotlines that would've been cut off).

I mean Oda can't have declined THAT much, right?
Those aren't plot holes.

I think Oda fucked up by making Kaido finish the fight in his Zooan form, surrounded by flames at that. Of course it's going to be much more harder to move someone that hard.

If he finished in base/hybrid, we could have gotten much more environmental destruction. Imagine Kaido crashing into Wano at top speed and his body making a massive crater.
Man at least he fucking finished it.......hopefully

Dragons are very symbolic in Asia, so I think that's why Oda wanted Kaido to be defeated in his beast form

Even the filler Goku Black arc was much, much more entertaining than Wano as a whole:
Dude the whole tournament of power was so sick. Even after ultra instinct goku couldn't beat Jiren. Making parallel to luffy awakening. In the end it was team effort which made universe seven win. Unlike luffy using a big ass plot armour punch to beat the final guy. Dbs fillers were too good.

There is big environmental destruction. It's as big as a nuclear explosion. The problem is that it's depicted lamely in panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.