Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well don't know what you really mean exactly but i share the same opinion that Shanks has some insane CoO fates. if i have to guess it is something that comes with combining CoC and CoO just like in this arc we saw more or less combining of CoC and CoA, which is more or less Kaido's main power, and Luffy learned that. Shanks' power will more about combing CoC and CoO. something that enable him to see very far in the future.
Personally I just think it's all 3. If you think about it it works very well with Blackbeard in that he is probably the peak DF user in the series (with the top 3 DFs in each class). Not to say BB doesnt have all 3 Haki types (im sure he does), but Shanks may be the "top" haki user in all 3 classes.

Just my thought in it. I think people vastly underestimate what Shanks is to the plot and use his swordsmanship as a crutch to compare him to Mihawk. But forget I said anything, that sentence alone will cause problems, as you'll see in a bit, people will start quoting me about it lol

I

Indigo

You're probably one of very few people I've seen that doesn't think being a Gary Stu is a bad thing, that's fine but personally if I start calling Gary Stu's good then where does that leave actual well written characters? What do I call them? The whole concept of good writing loses meaning, for example if someone who puts barely any depth into a character is considered just as good as someone who does go to a lot of effort to add depth to them than what's even the point of good writing.
My friend, you realize we're not professional writers and critics right?

We're normal everday people that consume these stories because we like them for entertainment.

So, if there's a character or a thing that we like inside a story, that thing is "great" for us, it doesn't matter how simple or complex that thing is, it's still a great thing for us. For example, i like both Naruto and Bleach, do they have problems? of course! i still think they are great stories. So what if there's amazing stories better writen out there, if i don't feel the same about them?

People have this thing were they don't wanna "look / sound" dumb because they like something, so they say "i like it, but i know it isn't great".

To me that's just low-self esteem.

If i like something in the story i'm gonna say it's great.

i like Zoro, he is my favorite in One Piece, i'm gonna say he is a great character, i don't give a fuck if other people want to tell me he isn't greatly writen or some shit, it doesn't matter, why should i care if someone tells me a character is written perfectly if i simply don't like the character he is talking about?

Sometimes it lines up, the thing you like is very well done (for me it's stuff like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, Vikings and so on).

But theres other times where i like things people don't consider good, like Naruto, Bleach, Marvel Cinematic Universe, i still consider these things great because i like them, it's that simple.

Entertainment and the joy we get out of it is subjective, it doesn't need to be an objetive thing lol.

Maybe, but we also have to remember that Kaido considers Shanks part of the "ceiling" in Piracy. The other 4 men are dead, so he's essentially the only man alive Kaido respects now, save for potentially Luffy
Kaido serves Katakuri's role. Once Luffy beat Katakuri, he was done with the Commanders. Once Luffy beat Kaido, he was done with regular Top Tiers.

Only Blackbeard with a new power can rival him.

Guess I expressed myself bad. When I said that Kaidou comes out of his fire dragon I didn't mean totally but like growing out of it, "centaur" style. Is it clearer now?
oh that makes sense but he would still be linear and one punch would still be needed only if kaido attack luffy with the rear of the dragon so luffy uses two hands one for the head ( hybrid kaido) and the other one for the rear end

Pardon? I didn't get what so funny. A person just died and woke up smiling with no injuries on him. No blood. Whatelse should I call that.
No blood? Ohk ....did you see Kaido bleeding like a lot of bleeding? so why he is tired then? how smiling related to being fresh? better go back and reread chapters or colored pages...see whether there is no bleeding or not...oh wait when Luffy "supposedly" dead..he didn't "bleed" either....

Status
Not open for further replies.