Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is under the assumption that he does not have awakening im assuming so yea if thats the case then yea its prob the end of the fight but if he does then in no way should this be the end."

1. he doesn't have an awakening till he shows it tbf ,you are making a bigger leap in assumption than I am .

"am a 100% sure its not some awakened revived kaido with a half dead zoro. i wouldn't count this out lol all zoro should need is one swing just depends on how oda wants to do it if it happens?"

is it half dead zoro vs half dead kaido then ?
1. lol don't really see how im making a much bigger assumption, its literally bread crumbs in the manga 1045 shows kaido is very knowledgable about zoan awakenings its not a crazy assumption to say hey he knows what the heck he is talking about he probably has one as well ...the scabbards who faced kaido in the past and now currently expressed the need to take his head because the fight isnt over (another hint that due to awakening kaido will recover and get back up) i could go on but stopping with two examples.

2.lol one swing is all it takes ..whether or not oda does that or makes zoro actually fight him its up to him

We know he's weaker than Kaido and Mihawk. There is really nothing to it anymore.

The only major arc from now is Raftel/BB.
Again, i dont agree with the "title" statement at all and never have. If we can magically believe Blackbeard can surpass the WSC, then we can also believe that Shanks isn't bound to arbitrary powerscaling against the WSS, to whom he's never lost to and whom he's been portrayed as more important.

Again, these are the men Kaido respected and potentially feared:

Neither Mihawk or BB are on this list. And no need to tell me why, I've heard all of the reasoning for both and understand the logic, it's just not the point of this scene.

No, like I said, the conversation between King and Kaido happens on Wano and after Kaido is probably deemed the WSC.

I doubt Kaido has virtually lost in 30 years. My guess is Shanks didn't "directly" defeat him, but was enough of a threat to stop Kaido from getting to Marineford.
Or Shanks knows about prophecy shit and he sweet-talked his way into convincing Kaido that not interfering would be better for the growth of his so desired Joy Boy fight in the future. :pepebusi:

Personally I just think it's all 3. If you think about it it works very well with Blackbeard in that he is probably the peak DF user in the series (with the top 3 DFs in each class). Not to say BB doesnt have all 3 Haki types (im sure he does), but Shanks may be the "top" haki user in all 3 classes.

Just my thought in it. I think people vastly underestimate what Shanks is to the plot and use his swordsmanship as a crutch to compare him to Mihawk. But forget I said anything, that sentence alone will cause problems, as you'll see in a bit, people will start quoting me about it lol
well i was always thinking that he is the strongest in the serie or possibly Dragon. but seeing Kaido lumping him with people like Roger , Rock , Oden and WB (even though i don't think really that Oden was on the same level as the other three) makes me sure he is stronger than Kaido. Shanks was never serious in a fight till now it is about just diplomacy but he has what it takes if needed. for him it never matters who was against.
He went to WB and was prepared to fight him or the WB if needed
he stopped Kaido and for sure Kaido saw that it is meaningless to fight and so he gave up the idea of going to MF and because of that he considers Shanks as powerful
He went to MF stopped the war , even though he knew he was against Sengoku , Garp and three admirals if it went wrong.
sure he knew what it was going to happen but still future can be changed , when people with that level are involved.
just like seeing the future enable you to avoid it.

My friend, you realize we're not professional writers and critics right?

We're normal everday people that consume these stories because we like them for entertainment.

So, if there's a character or a thing that we like inside a story, that thing is "great" for us, it doesn't matter how simple or complex that thing is, it's still a great thing for us. For example, i like both Naruto and Bleach, do they have problems? of course! i still think they are great stories. So what if there's amazing stories better writen out there, if i don't feel the same about them?

people have this thing were they don't wanna "look / sound" dumb because they like something, so they say "i like it, but i know it isn't great"

to me that's just low-self esteem

if i like something in the story i'm gonna say it's great

i like Zoro, he is my favorite in One Piece, i'm gonna say he is a great character, i don't give a fuck if other people want to tell me he isn't greatly writen or some shit, it doesn't matter, why should i care if someone tells me a character is written perfectly if i simply don't like the character he is talking about?

sometimes it lines up, the thing you like is very well done (for me it's stuff like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Mr. Robot, Vikings and so on)

but theres other times where i like things people don't consider good, like Naruto, Bleach, Marvel Cinematic Universe, i still consider these things great because i like them, it's that simple

Entertainment and the joy we get out of it is subjective, it doesn't need to be an objetive thing lol.
Yes it is subjective, I've never implied otherwise. I guess personally for me after having read and watched so much media, I've started to develop a more critical eye. I just tend to notice more repetitiveness, tropes and inconsistencies in media now, and when something is actually well done it does tend to make me appreciate it more. I also disagree with the whole us not being writers and critics thing, you know how the saying goes, you don't have be a chef to know if something tastes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.