Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If all Kaido was doing was "wanting chaos" and depressed because he wasnt "joyboy"

he went from one of the coolest villains in One Piece, to one of the most shit imo

he is an absolute beast and the strongest, i still don't consider Luffy stronger than him for many reasons

yet his motivations are fucking shit

i expected the entire arc for a good Kaido flashback that would tie together all his actions and make it have sense

now he just looks stupid imo

"i want to free the world as Joyboy"

"i'm gonna slave an entire country for 20 years and let people suffer because i'm bored and depressed"

fuck off
kaido honestly is a shit villain, and that was evident way before this chapter

Ah I see
So then what happens?
It's simple again it's only a theory.

Luffy and co celebrate kaido being knocked out in the flower capital. Luffy is recopping from gear 5 so he won't be using that again anytime soon. And everyone thinks the battle is won.

We then pan out and see bigmom in a ditch simply uttering the words. "it truly has been a while since I heard your victory cry kaido".

Scene switches to everyone shocked that kaido is back up again. He is badly injured but is slowly healing himself due to his awakened fruits ability (the ability to heal his own wounds and stamina) which correlates to the ability the actual asura dragon has .

Act 3 ends with despair of kaido returning fight joyboy (Luffy) but Luffy is worn out. Kaido ends with a line "only joyboy can kill me but I never said I would make it easy"

I didn't.
I literally said he was panting which he was on the official as well. CLOWN.
Stop making shit up
Here's you

Kaido's been panting and wheezing for most of the time since Luffy hitched a ride back up. That means nothing about the state of health, that's just how OP characters are. Oda uses this to show that they keep fighting even though it's tough. Or else you think Kaido was almost done here
Or here

You're the same as the dumbasses who thought Zoro was struggling against gifters because of those kinda SFX lmao

What @Peroroncino and I were talking about was that he went "hm" before taking a knee, not "ugh" as in some scans.

All of the dialogue goes toward talking about how Luffy is tired and not Kaido, so no, it's not like that time with Lucci

Oda call Zoro MC
I think you mean Main Protagonist
But why tho?

What about Sasuke and Gohan?

In any other manga, author would take story, context, lore and development as priority. In One Piece only thing that matters is MC Favortism.

I mean Kaido is literally gone down to a fucking punch and has joined Luffy's Harem, his fan club, he became next Katakuri.
Can you tell me is there a worse ending than this?
A more disappointing ending than this?

Forget about Zoro fan, as One Piece fan period, this is genuinely pathetic. Kaido the invincible monster who lost 9 times, capture 36 times keeps coming back got knocked out by a punch an joins a harem
Post automatically merged:

??
Sasuke was Naruto's rival, not his right hand man. It's a completely different dynamic. And I don't think Naruto as a series has a comparable situation of Sasuke defeating an antagonist to ZKK.

As for Gohan, when Toriyama had Gohan beat Cell he was actually planning on retiring Goku as the protagonist and switching over to Gohan. This move was unpopular so he brought Goku back.

So Luffy killed Kaido?
Kaido is dead?
Kaido WANTS to die. If Zoro gave Kaido exactly what he wants it would be a huge loss for Zoro and a win for Kaido. The best way to make Kaido suffer is to crush everything he had built and for him to watch from a cell. To be forgotten.

I don't want that for Zoro.

I'm convinced the real Zoro fans are the ones that want what's best for Zoro, not any meaningless cool points that don't amount to anything.

Zoro killing Kaido doesn't advance his character at all. What will advance Zoro's character is revisiting Ryuma's grave, learning about his family history somehow. Reclaiming Shusui as a family heirloom. Learning how the Shimotsuki fight from the fox thing before they leave Wano.

Zototard just want cool points and it is a disservice to Zoro.

This is the only normal comment you get from me now, back to trolling.
Yo momma

If all Kaido was doing was "wanting chaos" and depressed because he wasnt "joyboy"

he went from one of the coolest villains in One Piece, to one of the most shit imo

he is an absolute beast and the strongest, i still don't consider Luffy stronger than him for many reasons

yet his motivations are fucking shit

i expected the entire arc for a good Kaido flashback that would tie together all his actions and make it have sense

now he just looks stupid imo

"i want to free the world as Joyboy"

"i'm gonna slave an entire country for 20 years and let people suffer because i'm bored and depressed"

fuck off
... are you even trying to understand the character or are you not even trying so you can keep complaining?

kaido grew as a soldier in a country that had to fight other people wars as mercenaries so they could pay tribute to the nobles.
so his country could join the reverie and not have to be forever in wars they sold kaido as if he was a slave.
kaido grew hating nobles and people who enjoy the peace at the cost of those beneath them.
at some point kaido learns about the liberator joyboy so he believe he is joyboy because he is the strongest.
when he recruits king he still believes he will be the one to liberate the world.
at some point higurashi approaches him with a proposal we do not know exactly and kaido decides to settle in wano and oppress its people.
kaido realizes he was not the one who was going to liberate the world but he is fine with it because joyboy will appear someday.
kaido is self conscious enough to know he became one of those he hated so when joyboy appears he will be one of those joyboy will have to liberate the world from.
at some point after many years kaido gives up hope joyboy exists. that is when he despairs.
believing joyboy is just a myth and the world is never going to change kaido loses hope and decides living has no purpose and is better to die gloriously like roger and oden but he can not kill himself.
if the world will never change and kaido is condemned to live in this world then he wants to bring chaos and war to everyone.

the only thing that is not explained about kaido is why someone who wanted to liberate the world decided to slave an entire country but the answer to that is probably in wano past.

Kaido WANTS to die. If Zoro gave Kaido exactly what he wants it would be a huge loss for Zoro and a win for Kaido. The best way to make Kaido suffer is to crush everything he had built and for him to watch from a cell. To be forgotten.
kaido will not want to die anymore because now he will believe joyboy exists. he will want to live to see the change luffy will bring.
this also means kaido will not be a threat anymore and does not need to be killed.

I

Indigo

... are you even trying to understand the character or are you not even trying so you can keep complaining?

kaido grew as a soldier in a country that had to fight other people wars as mercenaries so they could pay tribute to the nobles.
so his country could join the reverie and not have to be forever in wars they sold kaido as if he was a slave.
kaido grew hating nobles and people who enjoy the peace at the cost of those beneath them.
at some point kaido learns about the liberator joyboy so he believe he is joyboy because he is the strongest.
when he recruits king he still believes he will be the one to liberate the world.
at some point higurashi approaches him with a proposal we do not know exactly and kaido decides to settle in wano and oppress its people.
kaido realizes he was not the one who was going to liberate the world but he is fine with it because joyboy will appear someday.
kaido is self conscious enough to know he became one of those he hated so when joyboy appears he will be one of those joyboy will have to liberate the world from.
at some point after many years kaido gives up hope joyboy exists. that is when he despairs.
believing joyboy is just a myth and the world is never going to change kaido loses hope and decides living has no purpose and is better to die gloriously like roger and oden but he can not kill himself.
if the world will never change and kaido is condemned to live in this world then he wants to bring chaos and war to everyone.

the only thing that is not explained about kaido is why someone who wanted to liberate the world decided to slave an entire country but the answer to that is probably in wano past.
him slaving and fucking up Wano for 20 years makes no sense at all

especially if he believes and is waiting for Joyboy to come

Status
Not open for further replies.