Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents:

I agree that there are some plot points with Zoro that are yet to be wrapped up, but these don't necessarily need to involve killing Kaido. However, I would be okay with ZKK happening if it didn't diminish Luffy's win in any way. That means not having a full-scale battle where Zoro deals the lethal blow. A more reasonable approach to ZKK would be to assume that Zoro kills kaido the same way you'd kill a suffering animal - to put them out of their misery. Kaido would have to be severely weakened and on the brink of death for Zoro's kill to not diminish the efforts of Luffy.

I've seen a few people compare this fight to Luffy's other victories, noting that none of Luffy's other opponents stood up after Luffy was finally able to overcome them. However, I agree that it's fair to make the argument that Kaido is a Yonkou, and therefore should have more to give.

Comparatively, I think it's fair to make the argument that Zoro is down for the count. It would take a miracle for Zoro to suddenly be up and running after his date with death.

I personally believe that Kaido was already awakened. He was knowledgeable about awakenings and it wouldn't make sense for his fruit not to be awakened after having it for decades. I know it wasn't explicitly confirmed, but it was implicitly inferred. We already knew about Zoan awakenings from the Impel Down guards and Kaido gave us some more facts about awakenings.

Additionally, I also believe that Big Mom's awakening is her ability to take the life spans of others. It makes sense considering the trend in how Paramecia awakenings seem to work (besides Law's).

I'm happy to debate the awakenings of both Kaido and Big Mom, but this post is mostly about the ZKK theory.

Unironically what's the point of Big Vs Luffy at Elbaf

Big Mom was KO'd, Katakuri and Cracker lost, Perospero lost , Snack lost, Bobbins was killed, Opera was KO'd, Pekoms turned tail, Tamago showed his abilities.

Only Smoothie Daifuku and Oven have yet to get a definite L(Amande too but she's irrelevant)

Oda never made the Strawhats fight Antagonists who taken this much Ls or showed all their power like this before.

"B-but Burgess" he has yet to get a DF and the Blackbeard pirates are an exception because of their theme, they can get away with being "pathetic"

Cracker Oven Daifuku and Smoothie are about to get an L soon so what's the point of them in Elbaf?

Can anyone explain to me?

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
None of the scabbards are going to be relevant past Wano so it's not that big a deal that they get wank in this arc. Except Kinemon, he's top 5 in the verse so he's going to stay relevant

Yeah, but in term of firepower I don't think Luffy really needs more grow. Honestly Oda should focus on other straw hats growth next arc. Luffy is already a bonafide top tier
I think Luffy will only really get a power up vs BB (it just wont happen a potential final villain beaten without a new power up) but yes other straw hats need a buff in between those arc's more so than Luffy.

Some straw hats have easier room to grow, since Robin has some fishman karate knowledge perfect for Jinbei to taught her to use more of it with her df. Franky through tech, Sanji with his mutation and haki, Zoro with haki/black blades, Chopper with his drugs, it's straightforward with them really, onoy issue is Nami, Usopp and maybe Brook (he at least needs to learn CoA, missed opportunity to not learn it in Wano).

Big Mom was KO'd, Katakuri and Cracker lost, Perospero lost , Snack lost, Bobbins was killed, Opera was KO'd, Pekoms turned tail, Tamago showed his abilities.

Only Smoothie Daifuku and Oven have yet to get a definite L(Amande too but she's irrelevant)

Oda never made the Strawhats fight Antagonists who taken this much Ls or showed all their power like this before.

"B-but Burgess" he has yet to get a DF and the Blackbeard pirates are an exception because of their theme, they can get away with being "pathetic"

Cracker Oven Daifuku and Smoothie are about to get an L soon so what's the point of them in Elbaf?

only Meme stans hooked on copium think she's elbaf main antagonist lol

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
only way is for Blackbeard to take his fruit. That’s literally it
He doesn't have to take it away.

To my understanding if that retard old man wants to keep the continuity or any tension, Blackbeard just approached Luffy and taps him once using Yami and his powers should be gone ( aside Haki ofc ).

She won’t be an antagonist, she’ll just go there to close out her story

Status
Not open for further replies.