What will Greenbull’s Devil fruit be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaido and Yamato relationship is complete dogshit.
I had my problem with Sanji drama in my WCI but it actually had impactful moments.

I'm fine with Yamato being done with Kaido, but it feels like he was just a generic bad guy, not someone that has been part of her life for 28 years. Zero reaction to him getting defeated, wtf?
With Yamato not as farfetched but how about Kiku not being with Kinemon/Kawamatsu at the shrine where Izo is buried? They just met each other after 20 years and no reaction or present to be at the shrine at all, coulf have just drawn one more character to where Kinemon/Kawamatsu are present

With Yamato not as farfetched but how about Kiku not being with Kinemon/Kawamatsu at the shrine where Izo is buried? They just met each other after 20 years and no reaction or present to be at the shrine at all, coulf have just drawn one more character to where Kinemon/Kawamatsu are present
Oda fumbled the emotional conclusion of the arc imo. I blame the rush

This chapter is a complete mess.

But for the most part, Wano just wasn't the epic I was hoping it would be, and I'm in no rush to reread it. A bloated and confused hodgepodge of characters synonymous with action figures in the way they were mashed against each other and tossed aside from like a child who's attention span hasn't fully developed.
Now, we are seeing the consequences of adding the rookies at the end of part 1, and the seeds of the TS being disappointing were already planted right before our eyes. First, Oda admitted that they were never meant to be introduced in the first place or Law being that central to the story. For instance, the Blackbeard Pirates are teased through out the Crocodile saga, and Ace wanting revenge. We meet Teach but he is never formally introduced but everything is implied that he is Luffy's opposite and nemesis. Its only during the Gorosei meeting that our MC's admirable adversary was Blackbeard all along what a reveal !

In contrast, the Supernovas literally pop out of nowhere in Sabondy. There is no set up, foreshadowing, and teasing which is very uncharacteristic of Oda. I was young and dumb back then but even I pondered how Oda was gonna handle the rookies with their crew + the 9 main characters + your favorite supporting cast (Smoker and Tashigi for me). As you said they look more like action figures meant to appeal to the lowest common denominators instead of being real characters. In the end, Oda had way too much to juggle with which produces unsatisfying characters arcs, bad pace, and mysteries left unresolved. Zoro fans are voicing their discontent about all the teasing that lead to nothing as you said. Nami and Usopp did nothing of real substance. Characters like Tashigi who could have brought something interesting to Marimo's development are left to rot in the closet or spin offs where they get more love.

I think I am not the only who feels the ending of Wano was rushed. I wonder if the magazine is pulling the plug on the series because sales are decreasing every year and people are losing interest.

On the positive, Oda is in a much better position than Kishimoto to produce a satisfying ending because:

- Most of the Admirals are still kicking and doing well.
- A lot of the villains are still present.
- Interesting backstories are still unresolved.
- There is no stupid plot about chasing Zoro and bringing him back to the crew.
- I am actually excited for the eventual confrontation between Luffy and Akainu
- Zoro vs Fujitora can be a marvel to watch. Sanji vs Kizaru could be entertaining.
- Zoro vs Mihawk is possibly my most anticipated fight and moment in entertainment
- Hopefully, Luffy and Smoker (alongside Tashigi, and the good marines) will team up against the Blackbeard pirates as a repeat of the Rocks pirate incident which will make me forgive Oda for not putting the Marine duo in Wano.
- I am curious what will be Luffy's final fate, and what One Piece is.

However, its important to tamper our expectations because Oda is older, and has been working an unhealthy amount of time. As Whitebeard said no one can be at the top eternally but hopefully he can deliver one last moment of greatness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.